NASCAR Racing on Social Media

DIDIT

Old School Fan
Being an old timer I admit I am a social media novice. During the Michigan race I did not have access to the TV broadcast. Trying to keep up on social media was a pita for me. To start with I know I can listen on MRN, but that is not an option in my current situation. I also have Sirius in my truck, but do not have the Internet streaming option. I am looking for suggestions on how to keep up with the race using my smarty phone without paying a fee. Recap from my experience yesterday.

1. Last year I could get a stream of the race live, but that has been axed this year.

2. Someone on here posted in the race thread Harvick's in car. That was pretty good until he opened up a lead then not much to see and they stopped it with about 20 to go in stage 2.

3. The live timing and scoring would never load the drivers outside the top 5 or 6 on my Android.

4. Various Twitter folks were constantly putting updates out, so that helped some.

5. The message board here was good for getting various insights, but not the actual race...which I totally understand, that is not the purpose of the race thread.

6. Jayski originally posted an incorrect finish order, that I did not realize until much later.

We are now on the road until October and most of the time I will not be able to watch the tv broadcast.

Suggestions?

I just watch us Live Leaderboard on the NASCAR app when I want to check in on running order.

If you want extra features you will have to pay since NASCAR and the people who support the apps generally don't tend to work on a volunteer basis.

Aye, there's the rub. Is legality an issue?

Is a phone your only option? Live scoring from NASCAR's web site would display better on a tablet using the phone as a hot spot.
Legality? I have broken the law more than a few times in my life and generally don't mind doing so as long as it doesn't have a direct impact on others.
I can use a laptop using my phone as a hot spot. I have done that before. Yesterday I wanted to be outside and was also moving around a bit so my phone was my primary option.

I just watch us Live Leaderboard on the NASCAR app when I want to check in on running order.

If you want extra features you will have to pay since NASCAR and the people who support the apps generally don't tend to work on a volunteer basis.

What is the "NASCAR app" how do I get that? I do like live leaderboard but couldn't find it on my phone. A small reasonable fee is no big deal. When we leave for our annual road trip I always discontinue our cable service to our home (Xfinity) so I can't use that as a login to network apps like FOX or ABC.

Sports bars :D

There should be an icon on your phone called Store or Apps or something similar. Tapping that should take you to a search engine where you can enter NASCAR. The NASCAR app should be one of the first ones displayed. Tapping the icon for it should download it to your phone and add an icon.

Bob Pockrass, Chris Knight, and a few others are good follows that will give updates throughout the race.

Reddit user posts the battle cam and a couple in car camera views every race via Fox Sports Drive. No commercials. No commentators.

Reddit user posts the battle cam and a couple in car camera views every race via Fox Sports Drive. No commercials. No commentators.
What's 'Fox Sports Drive'? Googling it just turns up results for 'Fox Sports' but nothing with 'Drive'. Is it something unique to Reddit?

NASCAR app also has battle cams and turn cams but has become unwatchable in my opinion with the ads they've recently added. Every time you switch cameras it will play a Draftkings ad and then out of the blue a few minutes later they'll go to a regular ad break.

What is the "NASCAR app" how do I get that? I do like live leaderboard but couldn't find it on my phone. A small reasonable fee is no big deal. When we leave for our annual road trip I always discontinue our cable service to our home (Xfinity) so I can't use that as a login to network apps like FOX or ABC.

Should be able to find it in your app store on your phone and I believe it's a free app.

NASCAR app also has battle cams and turn cams but has become unwatchable in my opinion with the ads they've recently added. Every time you switch cameras it will play a Draftkings ad and then out of the blue a few minutes later they'll go to a regular ad break.

$25 a year or something and it’s ad-free. Well worth it IMO.

Sports bars :D

There should be an icon on your phone called Store or Apps or something similar. Tapping that should take you to a search engine where you can enter NASCAR. The NASCAR app should be one of the first ones displayed. Tapping the icon for it should download it to your phone and add an icon.
OK, got the app, now I got to look into this Reddit thing

Back
Top Bottom