Nascar revolution?

W

Wind_racer

What do you think concerning the future debut in Nascar Craftsman Truck Series all-womens team? The pilot will be Shawna Robinson.
And it is fast in Nascar will come Toyota!!! What do you think of it?

let the women come, get there kicks, it probably won't last, unless like someone said in another post "they would have to be pretty butch." women have tried to drive in the sport but don't really make it. pit crews will take even more out of a women.

As far as toyota, hell no, this is has been about american vehicles for, I don't know how long, but NASCAR should have said no. Let the rice burners have there own little party. :p Pit stops are dangerous enough putting gas on the cars, imagine when Toyota teams spill rice on pit lane, it will be a mess.

And people wonder why NASCAR fans are viewed as ignorant redneck morons.

What are we afraid of? That toyota will win. The american brands better bring it!!

Toyota is now just as American as Dodge sicne the parent company is Diamler-Chrysler based in Europe!
Toyota builds the Tundras in Indiana Only no where eles, so the tundras are american trucks!

AS for the pit crew! I think its kinda cool for them to give it a try! They made it clear that it is a PR stunt but they are tryign there best to make good fast pitstops. Shawna on the best dang sports show said that they are aiming at 18 second pit stops which is not all that bad of a pit stop for the trucks! The women are working there butts off to make the stops good ones, so all the pwoer to them! They will also do this at Vegas and the other Truck race at Texas later this year!

pb4510, they will be making the Tundra in San Antonio, TX also, when the new plant is built (just FYI) But, right now, yes, Indiana is the only plant that manufactures the Tundra.

The all female crew might prove to be a problem, but more power to them if they can make this deal work! I agree with you Paul ....some fans can be extremely ignorant.....i for one welcome another car make into Nascar!

Well,I just bought an '02 Tundra and so would personally like to see the big-T in Nascar.

A few foreign auto-makers have played with NASCAR before.Jaguar comes to mind,though it is Ford owned these days.Seems like another one or two have as well.And that isnt even mentioning the Chyrsler-Benz connection.Technically Dodge is now a 'foreign' make in a loose way.One thing for sure,Toyota will be tough.

An all female pit crew?mmmmm?I just dont see it.Just a novelty thing,IMO.Still be fun to watch though.

Originally posted by Bucky Badger@Jun 6 2003, 01:12 PM
let the women come, get there kicks, it probably won't last, unless like someone said in another post "they would have to be pretty butch." women have tried to drive in the sport but don't really make it. pit crews will take even more out of a women.

As far as toyota, hell no, this is has been about american vehicles for, I don't know how long, but NASCAR should have said no.  Let the rice burners have there own little party.  :p Pit stops are dangerous enough putting gas on the cars, imagine when Toyota teams spill rice on pit lane, it will be a mess.
Women can do things men can't do and in some cases they do them better. One thing for sure, instead of the all-female pit crew being a publicity stunt, the promoter of the stunt could have tried it differently. One way would be to split up the group and place one or two females on full-time pit crews with either an ASA, ARCA, Busch or truck series team to give them an opportunity to get used to the system. Hiring the ladies and telling them it is a publicity stunt and one-race deal removes some of thier confidence as they once again become "just another pretty face" in a sexist sport.

As for Toyota being a foreign company, Damlier-Chrysler, Genreal Motors and Ford are all American-foreign. So many parts from either of these companies are made outside our borders it seems inplausible to call either GM, Ford or Dodge an American manufacturer anymore. They all produce vehicles in foreign countries, and they all have partnerships with foreign auto manufacturers. They all do. So before anyone gets to thinking there is a sacred cow among the "big three", think again, 'cause it just ain't so.

Welcome aboard Toyota and good luck. You provide a lot of jobs in this country with the present manufacturing facilities and with the constuction of the new plant, there are more to come. Maybe, just maybe, Toyota will have a female pit crew. :dual9mm:

I'm real curious about the Tundra engine package that is let in. You know they're going to give it some real thought. If they have a killer engine, I hope NASCAR doesn't stay blind to the killer parts Ford, Mopar and GM have sitting on the shelf.

It's very possible that NASCAR in their ever increasing quest to show the world how 'diverse' the sport is,might in fact ignore the good old fashioned American muscle the big three can offer.I am sure Toyota can compete....I just wouldn't hand them the series yet and would expect them to struggle a bit more than Dodge did after they 'returned'to NASCAR.

If the motor company can compete fine.If they can excel,fine.But Ford,GM and Mopar wont---and shouldn't have to---roll over and play dead.

Didn't CART open the doors a little to wide? That didn't turn out too well. Now, it's a spec series (from an engine standpoint). Even though all Ford, I can't watch. I need to see a mix of competition.

Competition improves the breed,I couldn't agree more Windsor.Here's hoping NASCAR will be equitable and fair.

But I ain't holding my breath.

Yep. Got my fingers crossed...not holding my breath either.

With parity being the favored child of NASCAR, expect Toyota to be competitive rather quickly. As for the engine, any tricks will be quickly uncovered. With the NASCAR policy of letting anyone with credentials oversee any inspections and teardowns, it is harder than ever to get away with anything.

A sharp crew chief, a super pit crew, a good driver and the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series world is Toyota's oyster for the taking.

Things are so different today compared to the days where RCR, Junior Johnson, Petty Enterprises or HMS dominated the series. With these changes Toyota might not have to struggle as much as other teams did in the past. Not favortism by NASCAR but a change in the way things are done.

On one hand it makes it easier for a new manufacturer to enter the sport but harder for an underfinanced team to be equally competitive in a long estblished manufactured brand. :mellow:

Your last paragraph is ironic but true,Whiz.

Kinda sad when you think about it.These days it's the BIG teams and BIG budgets or you don't play.

The parity game. If done right, it's ok. If done wrong, you've got a mess on your hands.

Back
Top Bottom