NASCAR SimRacing, under the EA SPORTS brand, has gone gold!

P

Packwolf

“NASCAR SimRacing, under the EA SPORTS brand, has gone gold! NASCAR SimRacing was developed expressly for PC simulation fans and will ship to retail outlets nationwide on Tuesday, February 15th.

NASCAR SimRacing was developed over an 18 month period by an internal PC development team at EA Tiburon. The game features the first ever NASCAR Career Mode where drivers will progress thru the Craftsman Truck Series, Busch Series, and NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series.

While progressing through the game, players will have in depth telemetry data that will allow sim enthusiasts to find the ultimate car set up for the 25 authentic NASCAR tracks available in the game. Pre-designed setups are available for less experienced drivers.

Online racing features a full field of 43 real drivers, the largest field in any racing game. Talk it up with your competition with Voice Over IP (microphone and broadband connection required).”

I am currently downloading the demo, I hope this is a decent game. tho, I doubt it'll be able to touch the Papy/Sierra Sims.

OK, I admit, I'm surprised at how good the game is, but, it still (to me) doesn't compare.

my graphics card isn't a piece of ish, but, any means, but, all my replays and in race car graphics were choppy as heck.

I got the handle at Kansas, but, it definetly kept break'n loose going into the turns each time. I'm sure in time, I'd gather better control.

What do any of you think of the demo?

to be sure, I'm not sold on buy'n the full version...

maybe if I practice it a lil more, but, we'll see.

Packwolf said:
The game features the first ever NASCAR Career Mode where drivers will progress thru the Craftsman Truck Series, Busch Series, and NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series.

Hmm...I'm pretty sure I'm currently playing through career mode in NASCAR 2005 (also from EA). Except it also includes the Featherlite series. (I'm full time in the Featherlite and just picked up a Truck ride in the game).

I wonder if more of the simulation side of the game will eventually make it to future Nascar 200x console versions.

So far, the only thing I have a problem with in all the EA incarnations of the game is that no seems to ever crash out or DNF except for yourself. I don't know how many times I've gotten caught up in a huge pileup, only to find every car back out on the track after the yellow running in top form (again except for yourself it seems).

Back
Top Bottom