NASCAR stuff you were REALLY wrong about.

Johnny G

Team Owner
Idea for a new thread popped in my mind as i was remembering today how wrong i ended up being about Truex and Front Row . When Truex joined Front Row after Kurt Busch left to go to Stewart Hass, Iremember thinking how that was probably the end of Truex having a shot at being competitive. Now Front Row had started to climb the hill and Busch had some really good runs in that car depsite not winning but I couldn't see Truex running as good as Kurt had.

so that was obviously wrong.

anyone else got one?

Brad Keselowski going to Penske instead of waiting for Martin to leave the 5. Thought for sure he had boiled his golden goose and ate it for breakfast. Boy was I wrong, a champion a couple years later.

I was wrong thinking Nascar would check the cars periodically as the season progressed like they always had in the past and the racing was so lopsided. Reducing downforce like they did I would have thought they would be carefully monitoring that change was a surprise.. Edwards leaving, Matt's retirement? Surprised how bad NBCSN was, I have never had to turn down the sound ever. The whole Elliott, Hamlin thing? Elliott putting Hamlin into the wall retaliation surprised me, I thought the chances (opportunity) to do so were slim and none.

Too easy, I'm never wrong!
I was wrong thinking Nascar would check the cars periodically as the season progressed like they always had in the past and the racing was so lopsided. Reducing downforce like they did I would have thought they would be carefully monitoring that change was a surprise.. Edwards leaving, Matt's retirement? Surprised how bad NBCSN was, I have never had to turn down the sound ever. The whole Elliott, Hamlin thing? Elliott putting Hamlin into the wall retaliation surprised me, I thought the chances (opportunity) to do so were slim and none.
Revman was wrong about Elliott not being able to catch up to Hamlin's bumper. Not only did he catch him and use him up, he passed him in points a week later.

:pbjtime::partytime:XXROFL:

Idea for a new thread popped in my mind as i was remembering today how wrong i ended up being about Truex and Front Row . When Truex joined Front Row after Kurt Busch left to go to Stewart Hass, Iremember thinking how that was probably the end of Truex having a shot at being competitive. Now Front Row had started to climb the hill and Busch had some really good runs in that car depsite not winning but I couldn't see Truex running as good as Kurt had.

so that was obviously wrong.

anyone else got one?
I thought he ran for Furniture Row:idunno:

Just messing with ya. Yeah Truex was a surprise.

Mine would be Stewart/Haas achieving what they have.

It is interesting during the Kurt down times. He drove the wheels off of Finch's junk, did the same with Barney's stuff and IMO as soon as he got a cushy ride with SHR he laid down. Tony wasn't happy with Haas hiring him I don't think. Tony said it was about not having the room for another car, more work to convert the cars to Fords etc. Those were tangible reasons. But IMO if he welcomed and wanted Kurt being there all that wouldn't have mattered. JMO

Quite a few people shared that opinion.

Add Bowyer to the list of people who did not deliver the goods as much as we thought they would, which is a list that includes Joey Logano and Jimmie Johnson.
Those three and Kurt Busch are three guys that I think may turn around their fortunes next year. Busch, of course, needs to have a ride first. ;)

Reactions: Pat
There is not enough room to jot down all the things I have been wrong about but here are a few in no particular order. I thought Robert Pressley was going to win some races and have a successful cup career. I thought Ernie Irvan was going to die from his injuries at MIS so when he came back and won a race I was never so happy in my life to be wrong. I thought Reed Sorenson was going to be a lot better than he was. I didn't think there would be no more racing at Riverside, Wilkesboro or the Rock or that Nascar would become bereft of characters and full of damn Yankees. I never imagined that people wouldn't throw chicken bones at the track any longer or that Nascar would race on soulless boring tracks. I thought Darlington and Atlanta would always have 2 dates and I never would have guessed that Nascar would use boring box cars festooned with decals. The exhaust ports are my fave.

Revman was wrong about Elliott not being able to catch up to Hamlin's bumper. Not only did he catch him and use him up, he passed him in points a week later.

Didn't notice. The kid is so smooth. So classy.

@Revman if you want me to see it BTW. For some reason, you didn't.

I was wrong thinking Nascar would check the cars periodically as the season progressed like they always had in the past and the racing was so lopsided.

They didn't need to check them. Brad already did. You heard him. He knew it would be fast from Daytona. He's like the aero whisperer. Problem is....nobody cared what he thought. Still don't. Hail to the Drivers and Manufacturers Champion--two times in a row with TWO different bodies. The Aero Whisperer didn't say anything about the '16 car.

Brad predicted before hand what would happen. 8 out of ten playoff races were won by Toyota's by different drivers. Sorry ..all Toyota drivers aren't that great, but drink the cool-aid.

Brad predicted before hand what would happen. 8 out of ten playoff races were won by Toyota's by different drivers. Sorry ..all Toyota drivers aren't that great, but drink the cool-aid.

Brad predicted what would happen not because of what Toyota had, but what his manufacturer wouldn't give him. How the hell that guy still has a PSA is beyond me. Maybe he gets one from Toyota.

hmmm, let's see, I remember thinking:

- Kahne would win a ton of races in the 5.
- Carl & Denny would be the two to take the Championship reign away from Jimmie.
- Junior would race into his 50's.
- Penske would never win a Championship.
- Logano was a bust.
- Stenhouse would come in and win 4 races a year.
- Ty would be better in Cup than Austin.
- Krissie Newman would someday stop being oh so lovely.

I once thought Gordon was guaranteed to get at least 7 championships.

You weren't wrong.

Assuming you thought that when the points were you know, not messed with, he would have easily being a 7 time champ.

Gordon didn't get a fair shake.

Back
Top Bottom