NASCAR To Begin Allowing Limited Fans

Homestead and Talledega are HUGE facilities.

It can be done at those two tracks, bravo to NASCAR for moving slowly and meticulously through all of this. I wanted to go to Homestead and others who have served have actually done something worthwhile than myself, I hope everyone enjoys themselves and continue to stay safe. Hopefully we can begin to see at least some fans for the time being.

A great step in the right direction. The following race, Pocono, already said no fans. Same with the race after that, Pocono. But Kentucky could definitely have fans, as could the All-Star race at Charlotte. Then we have Texas where I would expect our first large-scale event with 10s of thousands of fans given the approval to host events up to 50% capacity out there.

I've got tickets to Talledega but with the ridiculous mask wearing rules we won't be going. We'll get those bumped out to next spring when maybe the irrational fear and insanity has abated.

I've got tickets to Talledega but with the ridiculous mask wearing rules we won't be going. We'll get those bumped out to next spring when maybe the irrational fear and insanity has abated.

Go ahead and go, get through the gate get in your seats and take the stupid mask off., nobody gonna say anything at that point.

With the WHO announcing that it’s “very rare” for asymptomatic virus transmission to take place, they should simply open the flood gates but be scanning for temperatures and watching for common symptoms at the gates.

At this point it’s no different than attending a race with 50,000 people and hoping the lads next to you don’t have some kind of virus while you cheer with them.

At your own risk.

Just got off the phone with my ticket rep. He says you must be an Alabama resident and no further than 150 miles from the track.

• Wow
Reactions: Pat
Just got off the phone with my ticket rep. He says you must be an Alabama resident and no further than 150 miles from the track.
Is he going to give you your money back?

How is a mask ridiculous? I’ll agree the lockdowns are dumb but they’ve proven a mask is key in preventing spread. If anything we all should be wearing one when we leave the house and go into a store

With the WHO announcing that it’s “very rare” for asymptomatic virus transmission to take place

It is not accurate to state that WHO announced this. A leading WHO doctor made the comment at a press conference, and is now walking it back.

“I used the phrase ‘very rare’ and I think that it’s a misunderstanding to state the asymptomatic transmission globally is very rare. What I was referring to was a subset of studies. I was also referring to some data that isn’t published,” she said.

It is not accurate to state that WHO announced this. A leading WHO doctor made the comment at a press conference, and is now walking it back.

Ah so nobody knows whats going on. Perfect.

"From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual," Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of WHO's emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, said at a news briefing from the United Nations agency's Geneva headquarters. "It's very rare."

Did they tell you that you have to jump up and down and click your heels together three times also.. :)

I think they need to have a mask section so all who choose can wear one at the race.

"From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual," Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of WHO's emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, said at a news briefing from the United Nations agency's Geneva headquarters. "It's very rare."

It's a strange way to frame the issue, which is why it was a spontaneous comment and not a deliberate statement . It could be "very rare" for any one asymptomatic carrier to transmit to another person. Say a 5% probability. That still wouldn't preclude a significant percentage of overall infections from being a result of asymptomatic transmission.

the west series in Utah on June 27 will also be open to fans (500 tickets being sold).
The June 13th east series race at Toledo is NOT open to fans (despite Ohio opening up on June 10th and tracks such as Attica will have 410 sprints with fans on Friday and 410 sprints at Wayne County on Satuday).
The June 21st Whelen Modified tour is also (as of now) not being open to fans, despite Jennerstown racing with fans last week...
NASCAR is being way too overly cautious.... I would love to be able to go to Toledo and Jennerstown... neither are very far from me...
I enjoyed the CARS Tour late model show at Ace Speedway on Saturday...

5000 in Talladega ? That sounds like enough for 60 feet of social distancing for each if they used the whole place.

But....... they are only going to use the center front part of the stands. Keep a few concessions economically busy. Oh well, just glad racing
is back on the tube. That would be a cool ticket stub for the scrap book though.

The report I saw on that WHO confusion said WHO draws a distinction between "asymptomatic" (never gets symptoms) and "pre-symptomatic" (doesn't have symptoms yet but will have within a few days). And those who are pre-symptomatic are very highly contagious.

Why do people object to masks anyway?

How is a mask ridiculous? I’ll agree the lockdowns are dumb but they’ve proven a mask is key in preventing spread. If anything we all should be wearing one when we leave the house and go into a store
It's unnecessary to wear a mask while you're outside and 6 feet apart from each other.
Masks are needed whenever you cannot practice social distancing.

Meanwhile at your local short track stands are open to paying customers and masks are not always required. Some do require you to sign a waiver.

After the privilege of wearing a military M-17 protective mask for hours or a couple of days at a time, I find it difficult to take mask complaints seriously.

That's not a put-down of those who have never worn a military 'gas mask'. It's strictly a comparison of the relative levels of discomfort, nothing more or less. Try one on at your local surplus store for 15 or 20 minutes.

Nascar could use clean unused sex dolls as buffers to feel in seats and create social distancing for the actual fans. Once purchased they could be passed around from track to track.
It could restore the full Coliseum days at Bristol etc....

Nascar could use clean unused sex dolls as buffers to feel in seats and create social distancing for the actual fans. Once purchased they could be passed around from track to track.
Maybe NASCAR can get some advise from FC Seoul.
1591781585070.png

I'll donate mine.

Huh? What? Clean? He's serious?

Never mind.

Sometimes even the most brilliant ideas have a few flaws.
As a matter of safety they would need to be more dolls than actual fans. It wouldn't be just for self distancing.

Think about a couple of good friends that arrive at 10am for a 1pm green flag. By 4pm they have probably drunk a lot of beers and them smiling dolls are starting to look pretty damn good. They probably need to stage some twins to provide equal coverage so nobody feels cheated and starts fighting.

Maybe NASCAR can get some advise from FC Seoul.
View attachment 47271
I find this idea to be insanely hilarious lmao. I can’t stop laughing, sign me up for this. The idea I mean, not the doll.

What about those that want to scalp the tickets? Are they going to check everyone's ID when they come through the gate?

I think they should allow more fans in, but not allow any to be the infield until they feel it's safe. Local tracks have been packing them in and I know of know major outbreaks because of it.

Sometimes even the most brilliant ideas have a few flaws.
As a matter of safety they would need to be more dolls than actual fans. It wouldn't be just for self distancing.

Think about a couple of good friends that arrive at 10am for a 1pm green flag. By 4pm they have probably drunk a lot of beers and them smiling dolls are starting to look pretty damn good. They probably need to stage some twins to provide equal coverage so nobody feels cheated and starts fighting.
Use them for distancing. Put them in five consecutive seats and leave every sixth one open. Give them dummy headphones; sober people won’t try talking to them, drunks won’t care.

What about those that want to scalp the tickets? Are they going to check everyone's ID when they come through the gate?

I think they should allow more fans in, but not allow any to be the infield until they feel it's safe. Local tracks have been packing them in and I know of know major outbreaks because of it.

I often wonder who actually buys scalped tickets to a Nascar race. It's not like tickets are difficult to get or very expensive.

Look I dunno how or if they are enforcing this I just know what the guy told me. We got rained out of last fall's Dega race and opted not to go the next day so got to pick tickets from any Nascar owned track this year at no extra cost + they added another 20% of value which I used to upgrade our parking. I also have the option to bump that out until next year if we don't redeem this year. I dunno if they will give me my money back because I havent asked that. I'd really rather go see a race than get a refund.

Back
Top Bottom