Nascar Touring taking hits

M

MikeSfromVA

With the talk of shakeups in 2004, some shakeups have commenced already in the lower ranks Nascar: the Regional touring divsions.

The 2 Southeast divsions are on the verge of extinction. The Goodys DASH had been reported finished by 2004, this could be evident by todays release of their '03 schedule, only 8 races. The all-Pro series is rumored to have only a few tracks scheduled as of yet and they have not released their '03 schedule.

Takes away from the short tracks, most of the DASH events are scheduled at the bigger tracks. The Mods have retreated to their "Conneticutt Bastion" racing mostly only at Thompson and Stafford in '03.

Sad, these touring divisions not only develop drivers but have also provided some of the best racing:( :( :( :(

All the better for me! Stafford and Thompson are just a hop, skip and a jump away!

Seriously though, it's too bad.

Well i agree with paul on the track thing , but i think it all comes down to economics. Last time i checked the economy is sucking big time,sponsor money isn't running freely at the lower levels and is even getting scarce at the higher levels. It is sad , but as they say "that's business".

Mike, this all began last year when the only touring dirt car series was disbanded. This was a series from the Midwest with tracks in Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois etc. I really blame the high cost of racing for all this.

well i know the southwest tour averages about 40 cars at every race. And while the Northwest tour doesn't have the same car count as the southwest tour. They did add 1 new track (Pacific raceways) and and one more race at twin fall, idaho.

Back
Top Bottom