Nascar TV

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
So I've got the 2003 Brickyard 400 on right now (YouTube app). NBC was so good back then. Pre race show is educational, informative and entertaining. Features on drivers and crew members, tours of the tracks, interviews with headliners.

And to think, NBC was the inferior broadcast partner.

Fox and NBC need to take a look at their early 2000s broadcasts and get back to this.

Any entity interested in broadcasting Nascar races just needs to go back to the 90’s and review the gold standard of Ned, Bob and Benny to see how it should be done. ESPN was always innovating and trying different things which kept things fresh.

Look at just about any aspect of Nascar from 90’s compared to today and it is easy to see why it is in the crapper now.

NBCSN is now about loud and fast broadcasting, fill dead air by interjecting off-track storylines only to be interrupted by hyperbolic reactions to the racing. Announcers are beating and banging each other to stack the mic with their noise.

Fox is a bit more sedate and I enjoy the races more after the "boogity, boogity" green flag start.

But I like listening to the radio announcers (even with slight time delay), especially when I'm watching and the NBCSN announcers are running that Gerbil Wheel at full tilt.

Back
Top Bottom