NASCAR vs. IRL

R

racerx11

I watched both races today and while the Cup race was more entertaining, the IRL is closeing the gap. They put on a great race too. To bad they will never enjoy the same type of exposeure NASCAR gets.

Originally posted by racerx11@Mar 2 2003, 06:04 PM
I watched both races today and while the Cup race was more entertaining, the IRL is closeing the gap. They put on a great race too. To bad they will never enjoy the same type of exposeure NASCAR gets.
I'll save my opinions of the IRL for when I decide to post in that forum. BUT, I've been to the last two IRL races at Chicagoland. I've been pulling for Sam Jr. since the start of the 2001 season. I saw last year the 'BEST' finish of a race I've ever saw in my life between Little Al & Sam...but it still doesn't compare to the side-by-side you will see at a short track in WC...even the 'cookie cutter' tracks like today's race at Vegas you'll see alot of passing even if it seemed liked that Chevy was going to dominate at first, but that is why they race the races...look how it finished.

i wacth irl time to time. but i can't tape because i tape most of the races for my dad and i don't have a second vcr.
i wacthed a little bit of i today and it wasn't too bad. BTW, who won?

Originally posted by j ozzman 5000@Mar 2 2003, 07:20 PM
i wacth irl time to time. but i can't tape because i tape most of the races for my dad and i don't have a second vcr.
Scott Dixon ( Chippy Ganassi Racing)

Originally posted by 17_Fan+Mar 2 2003, 08:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (17_Fan @ Mar 2 2003, 08:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j ozzman 5000@Mar 2 2003, 07:20 PM
Scott Dixon ( Chippy Ganassi Racing) [/b][/quote]
DID YOU SAY GANASSI :D
cool.
signed,
chip ganassi racing's unofficial #1 fan.

Originally posted by j ozzman 5000+Mar 2 2003, 07:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j ozzman 5000 @ Mar 2 2003, 07:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -17_Fan@Mar 2 2003, 08:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--j ozzman 5000
@Mar 2 2003, 07:20 PM

Scott Dixon ( Chippy Ganassi Racing)
DID YOU SAY GANASSI :D
cool.
signed,
chip ganassi racing's unofficial #1 fan. [/b][/quote]
Be happy now...we'll see when the Panther Racing Chevy ends up with three in a row at the end of this season! :p

I watched both!! Huge fan of the IRL. Flat tracks are not there strong suit but it was still a good race. Once the teams get to tracks that have a little more banking they will have awsome Racing again!! HEck the race at Phoneix will be better than Homestead. They just need to add about 10 degrees of banking in the track to make it somewhat better!

Winston Cup won yesterdays round of better racing but that won't be true when the IRL hits the banked tracks!!

I just read that Homestead is re configuring the track!!

"the track is going to be reconfigured AGAIN. Immediately after the IRL race, they will be bulldozing the corners and upping the banking to the 15-20 degree range. The 2002 Nascar race prompted the changes where it was a single file race with the "groove" actually ending up to be the apron in the corners because the banking was virtually flat anyways so they just hooked it around the apron and took the shortest distance around. "

That will be cool to see!! Kinda like the old Atlanta!!!

I wish they would bulldoze the whole place and build a short track.

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510@Mar 3 2003, 11:25 AM
I just read that Homestead is re configuring the track!!

"the track is going to be reconfigured AGAIN. Immediately after the IRL race, they will be bulldozing the corners and upping the banking to the 15-20 degree range. The 2002 Nascar race prompted the changes where it was a single file race with the "groove" actually ending up to be the apron in the corners because the banking was virtually flat anyways so they just hooked it around the apron and took the shortest distance around. "

That will be cool to see!! Kinda like the old Atlanta!!!
Where did you get this info at?

Back
Top Bottom