NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour -- UNOH Perfect Storm 150

Race is on. Modifieds are, in a word BadAss! (yes, I made it a single word)

Ahhh!! Friggin Facebook!:mad: (but then, I guess it's my own damn fault...)

This race must be a few minutes tape delayed, cause I just saw who won on facebook. Don't worry, won't ruin it here for the rest of you:D

I will go ahead and say it. The best NASCAR race period is the Mods at Bristol. What a show. Looked a lot like the old Bristol when Stefenik and Christopher were 1-2 and battlin for the lead. You other mod fans may know of another venue that they run on better than Bristol, but that was entertaining to this mod newcomer.. Bristol seems to be built for those cars.

GARF, good to see new mod fans. The mods can put on some great shows and Bristol is a perfect track for them. Martinsville is also a great track as well. I've not seen any of the northern races, but I've been to many of the southern tracks including Bristol and Martinsville. Another great venue for the mods is Concord Motorsports Park just a few miles from Charlotte Speedway in Concord, NC. That little half mile track is a tri-oval and is where they run the annual North/South Shootout. There, just about anything goes because it isn't sanctioned by any sanctioning body. This is truly "run what you brung" and it's a real shootout.

GARF, good to see new mod fans. The mods can put on some great shows and Bristol is a perfect track for them. Martinsville is also a great track as well. I've not seen any of the northern races, but I've been to many of the southern tracks including Bristol and Martinsville. Another great venue for the mods is Concord Motorsports Park just a few miles from Charlotte Speedway in Concord, NC. That little half mile track is a tri-oval and is where they run the annual North/South Shootout. There, just about anything goes because it isn't sanctioned by any sanctioning body. This is truly "run what you brung" and it's a real shootout.

I have seen them a few times at N Wilkesboro and Tri county Speedway before. I wished there was more T.V. coverage of the mods, they are fun to watch.

Congrats to Newman. Cool to see him charge through the field in the closing laps of the race. It was a good race. Some good side by side racing for the lead. I'll have to tune in more often. I was expecting some Newman outrage for dropping down and running against the little guy but I guess not.

Congrats to Newman. Cool to see him charge through the field in the closing laps of the race. It was a good race. Some good side by side racing for the lead. I'll have to tune in more often. I was expecting some Newman outrage for dropping down and running against the little guy but I guess not.

Especially after they were aying the handle went away in his car just a few laps earlier.

Logano needs to take some lessons from an old pro like Mike Stefanik. He didn't let out a peep about Newman "racing too hard" and took it like a man.
:beerbang:

Logano needs to take some lessons from an old pro like Mike Stefanik. He didn't let out a peep about Newman "racing too hard" and took it like a man.
:beerbang:

Mike is a good guy, very popular up here in the North East.

Back
Top Bottom