NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Best Modified race I've ever seen at Langley Speedway the other night.

http://hometracks.nascar.com/nwmt/story/solomito-muscles-way-langley-victory_05142017

I haven't been a big fan of Modifieds in the past, mainly because the southern tours generally aren't very good. This was the second race in the south of the unified NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour and what a show it was. 25 of the most bad assed racecars and drivers and the race had to go to overtime to be settled.

langley_mod_start.jpg

Who are you and what have you done with the real @AndyMarquisLive ?

:XXROFL:

Glad you got to have a taste of some good modified action, Andy! Good mod racing is nothing like that Bowman Gray ****.

I agree, the northern tour is a lot better. Until last year I had only seen southern tour races and they were always boring. Last year I finally made some northern tour races (Waterford, Oswego, Seekonk). Really good series with some quality teams and drivers. I saw an amazing race at Seekonk. I was kinda turned off by the NASCAR Modifieds before last year but I'm a fan after going to those races last year. I would have at least made it to Myrtle Beach this year if that race didn't conflict with K&N Tucson..
I would like to see another race or two in the south, but they fill the stands at $40 or $50 a ticket in New England, so I don't blame them for not doing so

I'm a dirt guy but the Northern tour mods have always been a show.

Last year I finally made some northern tour races (Waterford, Oswego, Seekonk). Really good series with some quality teams and drivers. I saw an amazing race at Seekonk. Really? [/QUOTE]

They don't get past half throttle at Seekonk. :(
The SK modifieds are Mod Lite but put on fantastic racing at Waterford, Stafford and Thompson. I love the Whelan Mods at Thompson.
YouTube has a number of mod races at Thompson.

Back
Top Bottom