NASCAR's most well known driver

Depends how the voting can be manipulated by voters or the sanctioning body

You put a minority driver in the national spotlight by fabricating a hate crime story where he is the victim, and this is the result.

All of the heads at NASCAR, especially their PR office, should have been immediately fired and sued for libel.

Reactions: sdj
Pull down that tin foil hat tight.
It’s not a conspiracy, we were all here when it happened. The heads saw what they wanted to believe was evidence of a hate crime and without waiting for an investigation they made a public statement about Bubba being the victim of a hate crime and that the aggressor would be found and banned from the sport.

Absolutely immature and uncalled for. Bubba was a victim of a hate crime, but not from someone tying a rope. NASCAR assumed he was being targeted for his skin color where in fact there was no crime. That, in itself, is racist and hate filled.

Ahhh, at last after years of frustration, the fourth OEM has finally been secured. This is gonna be awesome...

Chevrolet, Ford, Toyota, and Nike/Jordan.

I for one am glad to see it. And I'm immune to the constant whining from those who hate this positive evolution.

"One marketing executive estimated that a primary sponsorship for Wallace’s No. 43 car with Richard Petty Motorsports cost approximately $250,000 per race and expects 23XI will command a much higher fee."

Isn't that about the average cost per race? I was expecting it to be a tad lower considering where RPM runs, however it puts into perspective the cost and why sponsors are only doing so many races now.

Interesting.

"One marketing executive estimated that a primary sponsorship for Wallace’s No. 43 car with Richard Petty Motorsports cost approximately $250,000 per race and expects 23XI will command a much higher fee."

Isn't that about the average cost per race? I was expecting it to be a tad lower considering where RPM runs, however it puts into perspective the cost and why sponsors are only doing so many races now.

Interesting.
I thought I heard Jr say it costs that much for an Xfinity car

All of the heads at NASCAR, especially their PR office, should have been immediately fired and sued for libel.

Defamation (libel and slander) requires proof of substantial damages or material harm to the person or entity that is the plaintiff. It also requires that the plaintiff was identified by the defendant as central to a false claim.

Who would be suing the heads of NASCAR or their PR office in this scenario?

You put a minority driver in the national spotlight by fabricating a hate crime story where he is the victim, and this is the result.

I think if you start drinking early enough along with your meds this has the possibility of making some kind of sense.

I interpreted the article to say that because of Jordan, Wallace has become the most well known
This is how I see it as well, the past few months Wallace has skyrocketed in terms of google searches. However, Jordan's name and brand will make it even more popular.

I can imagine the amount of themes clothes and shoes that will go along with this. Jordan may not have the interest yet of older fans, but there are those who will be interested in seeing his name as time goes on.

I interpreted the article to say that because of Jordan, Wallace has become the most well known

That seems to be the gist of it. According to the poll, 42% of black adults state that they are more interested in NASCAR than they were before Jordan entered the sport with Wallace as driver. We could debate the accuracy of the poll. It's kind of a leading question.

Regardless, everyone at NASCAR should be fired and jailed for this.

Bubba’s unfavorability rate exploding so that his net favorability only went up a few points is certainly something.

Who are you suggesting was libeled?
Maybe we’ve forgotten the emotional weight that the situation put on Wallace. At no point in my own life would I want to be led to believe that someone was making threats towards me in my place of work, while at the same time never seeing the evidence presented and made a national news subject.
12383816-3x2-940x627.jpg

Who would be suing the heads of NASCAR or their PR office in this scenario?
Any public figure personal injury lawyer could pick up the battle on Wallace’s behalf.

Any public figure personal injury lawyer could pick up the battle on Wallace’s behalf.

OK, so Wallace would be the victim suing NASCAR. Maybe his representatives will present him with that option, and we'll see if he takes that path.

I think if you start drinking early enough along with your meds this has the possibility of making some kind of sense.
If facing personal attacks is the punishment for choosing to voice defending Wallace against libelous claims of being the victim of a workplace hate crime, so be it.

Probably not. So much of this fan base is racist and hates him and says he “ruined NASCAR” because reasons.
You mean “so much” of the fan base that scream “I’m never watching again” and “nascar is ruined” and the ratings race by race fell a whopping 1%?

Apparently you lack the ability to discern the majority from the vocal minority.

If facing personal attacks is the punishment for choosing to voice defending Wallace against libelous claims of being the victim of a workplace hate crime, so be it.

That's not how libel works, and I do not believe there has ever been a successful defamation lawsuit over falsely identifying someone as a victim of a crime.

I thought Phelps and company bungled it and said so at the time. They should have acted more cautiously before characterizing the events publicly. I'm just not nearly as vindictive about it, because I believe they were trying to do the right thing on behalf of their minority driver in a highly charged environment. If one is most concerned with Bubba Wallace's well being, I would think the subject of this thread is good news.

Last edited:
You mean “so much” of the fan base that scream “I’m never watching again” and “nascar is ruined” and the ratings race by race fell a whopping 1%?

Apparently you lack the ability to discern the majority from the vocal minority.

Maybe they all say it, but you know...don't stick to their word? That's also a thing.

And I said at the time it is the duty of a corporation to protect their employees. They with the information they had on hand acted as they saw fit. But geese are going to gander and it's troll bait for those so inclined..and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see who that is.

Maybe they all say it, but you know...don't stick to their word? That's also a thing.
So NASCAR isn’t this hate filled fan base that some people wish existed? Wonderful!

And I said at the time it is the duty of a corporation to protect their employees. They with the information they had on hand acted as they saw fit. But geese are going to gander and it's troll bait for those so inclined..and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see who that is.
“Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty”

Maybe we’ve forgotten the emotional weight that the situation put on Wallace. At no point in my own life would I want to be led to believe that someone was making threats towards me in my place of work, while at the same time never seeing the evidence presented and made a national news subject.
12383816-3x2-940x627.jpg

Wallace was never the subject of slanderous or libelous statements in this incident. Further, it would be impossible to show NASCAR or its agents intended to harm him. Indeed, they thought they were acting in his best interests by trying to protect him. Most of all, Bubba has no interest in pursuing this; indeed, at the time he was grateful for what everyone involved intended as support.

If Wallace isn’t offended, there’s no reason for anyone else to be for him.

This is how I see it as well, the past few months Wallace has skyrocketed in terms of google searches. However, Jordan's name and brand will make it even more popular.

I can imagine the amount of themes clothes and shoes that will go along with this. Jordan may not have the interest yet of older fans, but there are those who will be interested in seeing his name as time goes on.
I hear Denny is coming out with his own golf line of clothing.

Back
Top Bottom