Nashville Busch Race Thread

If they froze the feild at the caution. That was before Kahne passed the other cars. If you can't pass under caution then why did he get away with it.

Originally posted by Gollum@Apr 10 2004, 05:58 PM
If they froze the feild at the caution. That was before Kahne passed the other cars. If you can't pass under caution then why did he get away with it.
something to do with "if your in a crash you got to be back on track and "up to pace.""

The cars have to be at pace car speed to maintain their position.......they were still spinning when the caution came out. When they got going again they fell in position. Kahn was ahead of them at that point. They just showed it.

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2@Apr 10 2004, 05:53 PM
I mean look at Robby.........he gets a flat and brings out the caution. Stays on the lead lap......sure is different from last year this time.
Very true, im just happy he got a good finish.

and as i said i dont need to complane, i guess there is not such thing as "couldof, wouldof, shouldof"

Originally posted by Lap3Forever@Apr 10 2004, 04:03 PM
i guess there is not such thing as "couldof, wouldof, shouldof"
Nope..............sure is a good thing to remember too!! :cheers:

I like Nashville, decent track. I wonder why Nascar wont put a cup race there, at the expense of a cookie cutter. :p

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Apr 10 2004, 04:11 PM
I like Nashville, decent track. I wonder why Nascar wont put a cup race there, at the expense of a cookie cutter. :p
Most likely because more can be packed into a cookie cutter.......at least that would be the typical NA$CA$H basher response :D . But its more likely to be other factors. Like infrastructure to support a Cup race. Or the track may popular for Busch fans, but who's to say Cup fans would be excited about it? I think it's a decent track..........but there are lots of tracks that are better in my opinion. NASCAR cannot put every track on the schedule that we want. They have to arrive at a consenus.......and evidently, in their opinion, that consensus does not include Nashville. And, like it or not, their opinion matters most. :) And the reason is simple...........it's their business. Their money is on the line.........not ours.

I've watched the replay a few times and I sure didn't see Busch getting into the 21 as Boyer said(which he used to justify ramming the crap out of Busch) But I did see him lift the 5's wheels off the ground once then keep bumping him.
devil-smiley-011.gif
Took out 4 good cars cause he's an idiot driving over his head.

And yes, I think Robby or Johnny would have won.
Banghead.gif

I guess according to this explanation then, we'll see no more of a guy spinning, saving it and not losing positions? And Robby was the first one of the bunch that got going, he should have been 4th. Idiot Boyer should've been 7th.
devil-smiley-011.gif

They never showed the replay of the lap before when Kyle took the lead from Clint. Kyle did sort of move Clint out of the way.....nothing out of the ordinary for a "bump and run". Actually he did a pretty good job of it.............but, he couldn't get away from Clint when he did it. :) Clint came back and did it to him........and Kyle started playing clean at that point. Guess I can't blame either driver.......they were racing for a win and it was a do or die thing at that point in the race. If I were a fan of either and they didn't do everything possible for the win, I would have been very disappointed. Boyer is not an idiot.........niether is Kyle. The are both rookies and they did their level best to win.......you can't ask for more than that. Nor should we accept anything less. Next time they might not wreck..........they do learn as they go, ya know!! :D :cheers:

I tape every race and can rewind and watch over as many times as I want even when the booth doesn't show it. As many times as I replayed I did not see Kyle hitting Bowyer.
Yup, he did a great job. took out 4 front runners. 2 races, 2 wrecked cars for Bowyer. :dual9mm:

I'm still not ready to call him an idiot.............I thought I saw a pretty nice bump and run by Kyle! I could be wrong.........I didn't tape it. I'm not faulting him for it......it was a good move at that point in the race. However, obviously, he could not get away from Clint after passing him. The rookie status started showing at that point. Both of those rookies did good..........even though they did wreck (and took two innocent cars with them). If it weren't for the excitement of that incident, I would have given that race a 5 for a rating..........but, with the really hard racing those two put up attempting to win (unsuccessfully) it upped my rating to a 7!!

BTW.......you said you might be going to the California race in three weeks!! Are you? PM me and I'll give you my cell number. Maybe I'll buy you a beer!! :D :cheers:

you guys mark my words bowyer is the real deal and he's gonna replace somebody at RCR, hipocrites

Originally posted by steveluvs3@Apr 10 2004, 07:51 PM
you guys mark my words bowyer is the real deal and he's gonna replace somebody at RCR, hipocrites
would not jump in so soon and say that, he has been in 2 races and crashed in both.....he may work his way up to cup but not anytime soon.

Lappy.........you remember Kasey Kahn? As I remember, he was the Johnny Sauter or Todd Bodine of the Cup series when he first came to Busch!! I think you're wrong...........Bowyer is the real deal. So is Kyle Busch. They are brand new in the series..........they will crash if they are trying as hard as they can to win and excel in the sport. It's the guys that finish a lot and never get into "incidents" that sort of disappoint when they get to Cup. Johnny Benson comes to mind (everyone loves him........encluding me.........but he isn't Cup material).

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2@Apr 10 2004, 08:02 PM
Lappy.........you remember Kasey Kahn? As I remember, he was the Johnny Sauter or Todd Bodine of the Cup series when he first came to Busch!! I think you're wrong...........Bowyer is the real deal. So is Kyle Busch. They are brand new in the series..........they will crash if they are trying as hard as they can to win and excel in the sport. It's the guys that finish a lot and never get into "incidents" that sort of disappoint when they get to Cup. Johnny Benson comes to mind (everyone loves him........encluding me.........but he isn't Cup material).
I dont really rember wantchin the Bush that long ago. Manly just cup and now im geting in to bush.....I think he is a good racer but i belive he needs to stay in bush for 3 or so years.

I also fell like vickers moved up to soon. yes i like him but when i heard he was taking over the 25 for 2004 i just asked my self "hows this goin' to work?" and so far that anwser is "not to good"

I also fell like Johnny moved up to early.

by the way I replayed the whole incident and kyle nipped clint right after jj hit the wall and yes I did see clint do the bump and run after that and the bump and wreck and no I don't like the bump and run, I saw clint race at I-70 a couple of times and let's just say clint likes the bump and run

Originally posted by steveluvs3@Apr 10 2004, 06:09 PM
I saw clint race at I-70 a couple of times and let's just say clint likes the bump and run
And look who Clint's driving for!! :D :cheers:

If bowyer does like the bump and run he needs to work on it a little more, he bumped kyle atleast 3 times and the 3rd time he wrecked him. I admit this is the first time I have seen bowyer drive, but from what I saw today I was not impressed at all.

Originally posted by smack500@Apr 10 2004, 10:35 PM
If bowyer does like the bump and run he needs to work on it a little more, he bumped kyle atleast 3 times and the 3rd time he wrecked him. I admit this is the first time I have seen bowyer drive, but from what I saw today I was not impressed at all.
Smack........read my post again!! I was talking about Kyle's bump and run. I still think he did it........and it was pretty good except when you bump and run you better be able to get away. Kyle wasn't able to do that last part.

Read before you post. :)

I wasnt refering to your post, I was talking about steveluvs3 previous post "I saw clint race at I-70 a couple of times and let's just say clint likes the bump and run".

okay............my bad!!

Truce? :cheers: That's root beer.........I believe you are still under legal drinking age? :D

Damn, Smack.............as much as I argue with you, I just can't help but like you!! Keep it up.......this old man needs to be kept on his toes!! :D

Originally posted by smack500@Apr 11 2004, 12:35 AM
I saw clint bump kyle twice and alot of close ones and once again kyle started it.

Each of us has their own opinion about the "incidents" on this and any other track. We all (well many of us) critique drivers and blame a lot of stuff on one we aren't fond of.

The race is over, winner declared, finish is official.

Now, don't get me wrong.....but I like to be a witch about lots of things that happen on the track, rule changes, personalities, etc.

ON TO MARTINSVILLE! :bounce:

Originally posted by Lap3Forever@Apr 11 2004, 02:47 PM
I like martinsville but will be glad when Dega gets here, haha, 12 more days....woohoo :lol:
Of course you do grandson! you have a turtle waiting!

I'm not at all fond of plate racing, but at least it's a race! :cheers: <<<<<<<<<<kat hands Nick some pepsi!

Just hope its not a snappin' turtle and i loose some fingers! <_< ^_^ :lol:

I kind of like Dega I always have for some reasion ,I went to my 1st nascar race there last spring and i really enjoyed it! :bounce: :bounce:

Catch that turtle and hold on for your life!

I like any race, but do put "Plate Race" at the bottom of my list of favorites.

Originally posted by smack500@Apr 11 2004, 12:35 AM
I admit this is the first time I have seen bowyer drive, but from what I saw today I was not impressed at all.
How can you not be impressed? He led most of the second half of the race and had a chance to win in his second start. That's pretty impressive to me. He raced several guys at the end of the race before that last caution and none of them could touch him, he kept running pretty consistant lap times even as his tires started going away. Yeah, pretty impressive to me.

Originally posted by bowtie+Apr 11 2004, 04:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bowtie @ Apr 11 2004, 04:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--smack500@Apr 11 2004, 12:35 AM
I admit this is the first time I have seen bowyer drive, but from what I saw today I was not impressed at all.
How can you not be impressed? He led most of the second half of the race and had a chance to win in his second start. That's pretty impressive to me. He raced several guys at the end of the race before that last caution and none of them could touch him, he kept running pretty consistant lap times even as his tires started going away. Yeah, pretty impressive to me. [/b][/quote]
Some people needed to watch the whole Busch season so far to make a "judgement call"

I think Bowyer has a great future in racing but needs to get more experience in Busch before moving up.

OK DE, you were right and I over reacted to the incidents on the track yesterday. :D

Guess my glasses were all fogged up. LOL

:cheers:

I just can't say now that he is all that good, i have olny seen him race twice. Ask me again in November then i will tell you what i think of him. :)

Originally posted by Lap3Forever@Apr 11 2004, 01:47 PM
I like martinsville but will be glad when Dega gets here, haha, 12 more days....woohoo :lol:
yeah and all the DEI conspricy threads will start popping up :angry:

I wonder why Clint Bowyer doesn't get the same praise as Kyle Busch or Martin Truex did after two races. Clint's first race was rather unimpressive to be sure.......but he did show some pretty impressive talent yesterday. He pretty much dominated the race once he got to the front. He made a rookie mistake..........cost him a win but he still finished pretty darned close to the front. And it's been said it was only his second race. That statement, alone, should be spoken with praise.......it was only his second race in Busch (not many drivers do what he did on their second race). I remember being very impressed with Kyle Busch on his very first race.......same with Martin Truex. I don't remember anyone qualifying their praise for either of them with "yeah but" or "ask me in November". Overall, Clint drove a very impressive race........why can't unqualified praise be given? We all know that only time will tell the final story on any driver..........but, it's perfectly alright to be impressed and say so with praise on the progress so far. :D

My take on the withholding of due praise is who he's driving for..........or maybe who he is sharing the races with. :) Richard Childress is an owner many take joy in bashing for reasons only known to the individuals who take that pleasure. And, we all know, that Kevin Harvick is a popular target for jeering too. :) Clint got very lucky when he got a ride with one of the highest financed team organizations in the business. And he got a ride on the best team within that organization! That made his job a little easier than most rookies.......but also put a lot of pressure on him to perform (upside has it's downside). He showed he can come through. But many won't give credit where credit is due. Never ceases to amaze me. :blink:

Originally posted by steveluvs3+Apr 11 2004, 04:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (steveluvs3 @ Apr 11 2004, 04:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Lap3Forever@Apr 11 2004, 01:47 PM
yeah and all the DEI conspricy threads will start popping up :angry: [/b][/quote]
Probly, but since im not a jr fan....im keeping my mouth shut at the track! :mellow: :lol: :lol:

The last lap at Nashville was a perfect example of what can happen with the G/W/C. But that was another thread.

The bump and run all boils down to the fastest car on the last lap. It was obvious (at least from the chair I sat in front of the television) on the restart, Kyle Busch got the jump on Bowyer but did not have the fastest car, gaining a split second advantage as he tried to block Bowyer placing him in danger of losing his position to both RGordon and Benson.

Doubtful Bowyer wanted to wreck anybody but it was evident Busch was not strong enough to hold first place after the pass.

Both drivers did what they had to do at the time it needed to be done.

It was unfortunate two innocent teams were caught up in the aftermath but as the saying goes, "that's racing".

Busch and Bowyer deserve credit for thier efforts showing some of the "Moxie" the other teams must deal with as these two drivers gain more experience.

Back
Top Bottom