Nationwide Stands

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
So I thought the Cup guys were meant to draw the crowd in, but the stands were more bare than a naked mole rat!

You want to draw people into Nationwide, 1) Get rid of the Cup drivers 2) Start treating the Nationwide more like the Truck series. The Truck series managed to carve themselves a nice and respectful niche without the cuppers, Nationwide need to do the same. They need to be more than just Cup-Lite.

Maybe then the finishes to these races would be more exciting and it wouldn't be jokingly referred to as the Kyle Busch Show.

I wholeheartedly agree. Did you see the stands for the Truck race at Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago? That was a SOLID crowd, especially for a standalone Truck event.
The thing with Vegas, if you go with the good Cup/Nationwide package in March, you get free Truck Series tickets in September.

Hey, whatever it takes, as long as there are no cuppers in Nationwide or Trucks, I'm happy.
It wouldn't matter to me if Ronald McDonald was in one of the vehicles. I like good racing. Regardless of who won, tonight was some good racing. At one point you coulda thrown a blanket over the top 5.

Hey, whatever it takes, as long as there are no cuppers in Nationwide or Trucks, I'm happy.
some people work hard at being a miserable whiner..in your case, your odds of going to the moon are better then not having any cuppers or x cuppers in the other series. You might be better off watching stick n ball

So I thought the Cup guys were meant to draw the crowd in, but the stands were more bare than a naked mole rat!

You want to draw people into Nationwide, 1) Get rid of the Cup drivers 2) Start treating the Nationwide more like the Truck series. The Truck series managed to carve themselves a nice and respectful niche without the cuppers, Nationwide need to do the same. They need to be more than just Cup-Lite.

Maybe then the finishes to these races would be more exciting and it wouldn't be jokingly referred to as the Kyle Busch Show.
Well, the truck series has two xcuppers..Hornady and Brenden Gaughn..guess you need to throw them out of there also to be happy with yourself. not to mention many drivers that are running the N'wide and the trucks. Ya don't know jack spit about the history of the sport or what is driving it. It sure isn't people in the stands anymore, hasn't been for years.

some people work hard at being a miserable whiner..in your case, your odds of going to the moon are better then not having any cuppers or x cuppers in the other series. You might be better off watching stick n ball

Well, the truck series has two xcuppers..Hornady and Brenden Gaughn..guess you need to throw them out of there also to be happy with yourself. not to mention many drivers that are running the N'wide and the trucks. Ya don't know jack spit about the history of the sport or what is driving it. It sure isn't people in the stands anymore, hasn't been for years.

Why the need for insults bud?

I can counter that by just saying, those two "xcuppers" are full time Truck Series drivers so you still have no ground to stand on.

Aren't you going to respond to my other post on that other thread btw? I brought up some solid points so it would be interesting to see what you come up with.

I can counter that by just saying, those two "xcuppers" are full time Truck Series drivers so you still have no ground to stand on.

Aren't you going to respond to my other post on that other thread btw? I brought up some solid points so it would be interesting to see what you come up with.

He'll say you're "off topic wank wank about stick and ball wank wank"..

The thing with Vegas, if you go with the good Cup/Nationwide package in March, you get free Truck Series tickets in September.
I'd be willing to bet the Truck series crowd there was better than the March Nationwide crowd. The fans still made it out for a solely Truck weekend. And I'm sure only a small portion of those were part of the package deal.

The ideal goal is to have people spend the money on tickets, then go to the race and spend money on other things like merchandise, food/drinks and stuff.

But what they got now in NNS is neither. Empty seats everywhere you go.

Therefore, even if they have to eat the cost of the ticket, there are people there to spend their money on other NASCAR things, which is better than the current alternative.

you don't have any points. Your having problems with accepting reality

the first statement..I thought the cup drivers were there to bring in the crowd. that is secondary. The cup drivers are there because they signed a sponsor driven contract to be there at the first of the year. If more people show up because of it ...great. there are whatever 10 thousand? watching the monster energy drink car while two to three million are watching it from home. Hell, let's get rid of TV..makes about as much sense as running the cup drivers off so a few feel better about it.

Easy to tell who won tonight by reading these threads. Would everything be OK if Matt or Harvick or Joey won ?
exactly.. happens every time. Sorry, I am not even close to a Kyle Busch fan, but I at least understand why he is racing in the N'wide series along with the other active cup drivers. He was junk and he and his crew got it right. Kenseth won and you didn't hear nothing..Kyle does and all the cuppers in N'wide cry babies come out of the woodwork.

Nope, and I'm a Harvick fan. If a Cup driver has to win I'd prefer it be Harvick, but I'd rather have any Nationwide regular win it before him.

I enjoyed the race quite a bit and had no idea Kyle was going to end up winning. I wouldnt mind seeing all the cup guys driving NW cars I think the racing would be better than with Cup cars. At least its possible to pass the leader in a NW car

exactly.. happens every time. Sorry, I am not even close to a Kyle Busch fan, but I at least understand why he is racing in the N'wide series along with the other active cup drivers. He was junk and he and his crew got it right. Kenseth won and you didn't hear nothing..Kyle does and all the cuppers in N'wide cry babies come out of the woodwork.
Agree with you 100 percent ................. its much quieter when anyone else wins. Kyle and his guys did a great job tonight IMO

It would be stupid beyond belief to kick out the Cup guys. Which is why it will never happen.
Nationwide has far more fan interest than Trucks because of the Cup guys. Far more races, too.

If anything, NW needs more Cup drivers, not less.

Most of us have been crying about it all year, but you won't admit that because it doesn't fit your argument.

And I guess you missed this thread that Tumbleweed started after the Kansas race too...

http://racing-forums.com/threads/matt-k-and-kyle-b-in-nns.47323/

It would be stupid beyond belief to kick out the Cup guys. Which is why it will never happen.
Nationwide has far more fan interest than Trucks because of the Cup guys. Far more races, too.

If anything, NW needs more Cup drivers, not less.
Last week's Kansas NW race had as many viewers with far fewer Cup drivers as the 2008 fall Kansas NW race, and the general trend in NASCAR TV ratings since 2008 has been a sharp decline. Explain that one to me.

Last edited:
Nobody says a word about the fact that Gibbs loads up the N'wide field every week with 2 active cup drivers and 2 recently x cup drivers..I use him for an example..he isn't developing drivers, he is racing them because they are the best he can get, and he also has good strong sponsorship because of it. It isn't a developmental, or a minor league, but a Nascar series that has developmental drivers, but 3 out of the top five in the N'wide standings are x cup.

Most of us have been crying about it all year, but you won't admit that because it doesn't fit your argument.

And I guess you missed this thread that Tumbleweed started after the Kansas race too...

http://racing-forums.com/threads/matt-k-and-kyle-b-in-nns.47323/
That one has Kyle in it. Because he didn't win, most of the comments weren't even about Kenseth winning..just another uninformed poster that doesn't realize, this ain't stick n ball, contracts are made with the drivers/team owners/sponsors months before the race.

BTW it isn't an argument..That is the way it is..sponsor driven motorsport. You whiners need to go watch something else, or take action... go tell the sponsors who are financing the cup drivers and team owners making the deals...bad guys wanting millions of fans to see their big sign on the car..they don't have all that nonsense in stick n ball...steroids, thugs..yeah ..but at least they don't have the bad sponsored drivers reaking havoc on a bunch of x cup drivers.

This post nailed it. There's a reason Nationwide exited and it has nothing to do with television contracts. The racing sucks more times than not, it's predictable, it's got no identity and the fans aren't watching.

Last week's Kansas NW race had as many viewers as the 2008 fall Kansas NW race with far fewer Cup drivers, and the general trend in NASCAR TV ratings since 2008 has been a sharp decline. Explain that one to me.
ratings are up from last year..it is called plateau-ing..had a big growth curve and then it leveled off..all the doomsayers went nuts as usual. Ratings have been slowly increasing for a while from the all time low..just like our economy..boomers and busts, up and down..so what. I have lived thru two "recessions" depressions whatever they call them. At any rate, Nascar kept getting big money and growing despite what the "ratings" wanking did. Something for some who think that stuff is important..can't say I heard a thing the whole time about Nascar folding up, cutting the schedule...or lack of sonoco race fuel, or 4 fresh goodyear tires. they kept building tracks the whole time. You learn to as they say watch their feet, instead of what the hysterical are saying.

This post nailed it. There's a reason Nationwide exited and it has nothing to do with television contracts. The racing sucks more times than not, it's predictable, it's got no identity and the fans aren't watching.
you are the biggest cry baby on here..don't ya get tired of running around in circles like chicken little yelling the sky is falling?...and it doesn't bwaaaaa.

ratings are up from last year..it is called plateau-ing..had a big growth curve and then it leveled off..all the doomsayers went nuts as usual.
I'm talking 2008. 2008 Cup ratings were still significantly higher than 2012 ratings.

I'm talking 2008. 2008 Cup ratings were still significantly higher than 2012 ratings.
How do you know those figures are correct? They could be..or not..I didn't quit watching the races..did you? again..instead of believing what ratings people say..I watch other more important indicators..again can't say I heard a thing the whole time about Nascar folding up, cutting the schedule...or lack of sonoco race fuel, or 4 fresh goodyear tires. they kept building tracks the whole time. You learn to as they say watch their feet, instead of what the hysterical are saying.

that isn't the point. Pretty much everything declined in our economy during that time. Now our economy is slowly getting better..so are the ratings. But Nascar or any other major motorsport didn't fold during that time. So even though the boo bears were harping about the ratings nothing happened. Did it? The ratings are up and now the boo bears are still harping while record revenues are being collected. Nascar's feet never stopped moving, tracks were built and the others were maintained re paved etc. If all this ratings wank made any difference, there would be signs of a decline in the racing product. The purse for winning the Daytona in 08 was over 16 million..in 2012 over 17 million. N'wide purses have stayed the same over the same period. the Trucks have declined over the same period at daytona, but were pretty flat over the years at Charlotte.

Last edited:
It wouldn't matter to me if Ronald McDonald was in one of the vehicles. I like good racing. Regardless of who won, tonight was some good racing. At one point you coulda thrown a blanket over the top 5.

That was a good race. It sure looks like Kyle finally learned to save his stuff for the end of the race.

I don't care who it is, if a driver racing in the Cup Series(full time at the moment) is out there winning Nationwide races I'm not liking it, yes I like it a tiny bit more if its a driver I like, but I rather Austin win, or one of the Nationwide drivers I don't even like win, which I really don't got this year but I did last year with Ricky, I was wanting him to win anytime he raced a Cup Driver, even one I liked.

Back
Top Bottom