NBC/tnt

71Fan

Interesting that NBC is going with ALMS instead of WC Sunday. Wonder why that is.

I'm still trying to figure out why the Bristol night race is going to be on TNT. You'd think they'd want more viewers for a big race like that. :rolleyes:

Very good question,71.I have no idea,but something seems a little off about it.

And I agree Abooja...the race on TNT just makes no sense to me either.

I'll tell ya what If there is EVER a race on the SPEED channel...I'll never watch nascar again.

Originally posted by abooja
I'm still trying to figure out why the Bristol night race is going to be on TNT. You'd think they'd want more viewers for a big race like that. :rolleyes:

No chance for huge wrecks.

Speaking of TNT...I notice that They wasted their money sponsoring Greg Biffle. He missed the show.

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill
I'll tell ya what If there is EVER a race on the SPEED channel...I'll never watch nascar again.

Whats wrong with SPEED ??

The Speed channelis pretty cool. I wouldn't mind them getting into Nascar broadcasting.

Well, other than it has a tendency to destroy yer entire friggin life.......oops, oh yea.....television:eek:

Cable marketing. PPV. Premium Packages. It's kinda like yer basic Discman CD Player.

You see, years back there was this thing called Four Track Tape Players. After the market was flooded with 4 Track Players and the marketeers just couldn't sell any more, they brought out the new and improved EIGHT Track Player. Once again they flooded the market till they just couldn't sell anymore, and so they brought out the cassette player. Then they brought out the Walkman. Then Walkman with radio. Then Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction. Then Walkman with radio AND Dolby. We got it going on now don't ya know?

Now we are being taken thru the Discman Era. First basic, then with radio, then Dolby, then Dolby AND radio, then Anti-skip...ad infinitum.........

What few of us know is that the compact disc personal music system was invented in 1954 by one I.M. Gonnataikya but that in order to make the most amount of money out of the gizmo, he understood we had to be sucked in first so he invented all the other stuff and has been slowly releasing his inventions ever since.

The same strategy is being employed by the cable tv industry. Corner the market and then put the screws to the consumer. Racecast and In-Demand are the latest attempts of the marketing genius types to bring total PPV to your television screen. The Cable Moguls Association of America will not stop untill over the air broadcasting is a thing of the past. Already a whole generation of viewers think nothing of putting out $29.95 for a one time showing of SmackDown XXXVII or Monster Truck Challenge XXIII, or $4.95 to watch a 2 year old movie.

The answer as to why nascar racing is relegated to a non-broadcast medium while ALMS stuff is over the air is that nascar fans are a target audience that have proven they will pay almost anything to get their fix.

And btw, The Super Micro-Mini Discman Player with Dolby, XM Radio, and Aggresive Anti-Skip is due to be released mid November.

:D :p ;)

Back
Top Bottom