NBCSN to air NASCAR videogame

I would only get into watching iRacing events if I was a serious sim racer myself, which could happen, but is not the case today. At least it's iRacing and not the dopey Heat game though, right?

I mean, it's more than a video game, it's a hardcore racing simulator. Probably the best simulator on the market today.
I do respect iRacing but I wouldn’t go as far to call it “hardcore” or really a “simulation” although I understand the definitions between “arcade” and “simulation” for gaming.

A real simulation of sorts would include the g-forces, immense heat, adrenaline and real world factors that home video games cannot bring to life.

But I get it.

I get that there are some considerable hardware and equipment costs to be able to compete well with iRacing (though not more considerable than running in the 4-cylinder bomber class at your local short track), but what exactly does being an iRacing team owner entail? Are there charters? :D

I get that there are some considerable hardware and equipment costs to be able to compete well with iRacing (though not more considerable than running in the 4-cylinder bomber class at your local short track), but what exactly does being an iRacing team owner entail? Are there charters? :D

Money buys Mbps, how fast do you wanna go?

I hear Mikey is going to do the Grid Walk. Should be entertaining.
We can shove him into the simulation and leave him there!?

Just joshing, I do like Mikey when he's not his dopey TV character.

Great move by NASCAR as well, talk about an opprotunity to get new viewers in of all ages.

I hear Mikey is going to do the Grid Walk. Should be entertaining.
tenor.gif

Watching a video game or a real race - tough choice. I might tune in but I doubt it will hold my attention; I'd rather play a video game than watch one.

There was a video game guy who won a seat in the Le Mans Nissan GT-R Nismo LMP1 car (2015).

Do they have real time rain delays, are caution clean up times condensed?

I mean, it's more than a video game, it's a hardcore racing simulator. Probably the best simulator on the market today.
I've watched a race or two. They have broadcasts and live announcers.

I can't help but laugh and roll my eyes when they refer to them as drivers, and talk about their "cars".

It's fun and exciting to watch.

It's a taaaad bit of a joke, and those guys are NOT race car drivers.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

have their been racers who raced on iracing alone and got NASCAR rides?

I think this is kinda sad. While I like playing video games myself, I can't stand that some people actually earn money by playing video games.
A lot of sports leagues and clubs invest into eSport so I'm not surprised NASCAR does that too, but I can't understand how anyone would watch people playing video games on TV.

I can't stand that some people actually earn money by playing video games.
Eh. It's no worse than people who get paid to pretend to be other people, or play physical games, or get paid just for marketing themselves with no other discernible talent, or any of hundreds of other forms of entertainment.

The important thing is that none of the money they make is coming out of my pocket. ;)

Do they turn their thermostats up to 130°F and wear their winter jackets while they sit in their gaming chairs?

Do they go pee pee when needed or do they..... well you know...

I've never called a 1-900 sex chat line, but I did beat Kenny Roberts in the Dutch TT at Assen on virtual 500 cc two stroke Yamahas.

They are entertainers and get paid for their skills and talents. They themselves have invested money and time into a hobby they love and worked a way to get paid for it. What could be finer?

Honestly, I was half decent in iRacing for a while and it takes a lot of time and dedication to even get close to the top series. I do understand the point people are making about showing REAL racing, but NASCAR and it's TV networks are too cheap to do a weekday modified or K&N race.

Back
Top Bottom