NCAA Football 2013

ToyYoda

Team Owner
With the college football season starting this week, I figured I'd get a thread going. Hoping my Buckeyes can go undefeated again (since it will count this year). If not, it'll be interesting to see if the SEC can make it 8 straight championships. I kinda hope not, but we'll see.

Ah, I see my usual year of suffering is about to begin. Being a Vols fan hasn't been fun in years.

Ah, I see my usual year of suffering is about to begin. Being a Vols fan hasn't been fun in years.
I live in the Nashville area, we have Vandy here and UT up the road in Knoxville, yet it seems there are more Alabama fans around here than UT or Vandy combined. Weird.

Go Blue! Can't wait for Friday (high school football starts here in Ohio) and Saturday.

Ohio State starts with Buffalo, San Diego St., Cal, and Florida A&M. No reason they shouldn't be 4-0 going into the Big Ten schedule.

My Buckeyes have everything going for them this season. They have a really good team. This is their second year in Urban Meyer's system, so the players should be able to just play more without thinking so hard. They also have a pretty easy schedule for the most part. Their toughest conference games are mostly at home with the exception of Michigan.

My second favorite team, the Florida State Seminoles have a lot of returning talent and a pretty favorable schedule as well. They tend to lose a game they have no business losing every season lately though.

Manziel suspended for a half game? What's the matter? The NCAA afraid that there will be too much pushback against their legalized cotton plantation this time?

Manziel suspended for ONE HALF against ************* RICE. The NCAA is an utter disgrace.

Ohio State starts with Buffalo, San Diego St., Cal, and Florida A&M. No reason they shouldn't be 4-0 going into the Big Ten schedule.
I hate the way most non-conference schedules for big schools are now. One decent game and a bunch of home games against Cupcake U and Podunk State. I think that will change with the playoff though with emphasis on SOS.

Half a game? That will teach him a lesson for sure:sarcasm:

It's simple. They're scared. They're scared that this is going to be the one that fires up journalists enough to motivate them to investigate where all that money goes, whether or not the schools pay medical expenses for injured players or if they just drop their scholarships and kick them to the curb. They're scared their entire house of cards is going to collapse. They're scared the media will finally call their cotton plantation what it is.

I hate the way most non-conference schedules for big schools are now. One decent game and a bunch of home games against Cupcake U and Podunk State. I think that will change with the playoff though with emphasis on SOS.
That's the problem with scheduling the big out-of-conference game so many years in advance too. Cal was a decent team when OSU scheduled this game several years ago, they probably didn't think they'd be coming off a 3-9 season when it rolled around.

That's the problem with scheduling the big out-of-conference game so many years in advance too. Cal was a decent team when OSU scheduled this game several years ago, they probably didn't think they'd be coming off a 3-9 season when it rolled around.
To be fair, Ohio State does try. I think their AD said they're going to drop MAC schools and play more major opponents (in 2018 they play Cincy/TCU/North Carolina). Some schools like Texas Tech just have no shame and put together the worst non-conference schedules you can think of year-in and year-out. I would hate to be a student or season ticket holder at some of these schools.

It's simple. They're scared. They're scared that this is going to be the one that fires up journalists enough to motivate them to investigate where all that money goes, whether or not the schools pay medical expenses for injured players or if they just drop their scholarships and kick them to the curb. They're scared their entire house of cards is going to collapse. They're scared the media will finally call their cotton plantation what it is.
They see the writing on the wall. They just pulled out of the EA video game a few weeks ago too.

Very interesting game on FS1 right now, Battle of the Brothers with :54 left in the 4th. 27-26.

I should have watched some of the college football tonight instead of watching the Titans drop another pre-season game.

Old Lady making it close against Vandy again. This is going to be a good 4th quarter.

UF goes through the same crap with drugs every year. At least they're not missing the Miami game. Toledo isn't bad though.

Adam Alexander is calling the West Virginia-William & Mary game on FS1. It feels...strange.

I had a blast at the game tonight watching my school lose by 30+ to a freaking a FCS program. :sarcasm:

Back
Top Bottom