NCAA tournament

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
Who do you think will be the final four and ultimately, who will be the national champ? (Muggle, men's tourney only, no women in this tourney)

Will there be any first round upsets? Who will be this years Cinderella team?

The tourney is about to begin so let's get some chat going.

Final 4: Louisville - Memphis - Pittsburgh - UNC
Championship game : Louisville - UNC
Champion : UNC

First round upsets : Mich. State goes down as well as Illinois.

I want to see how good Memphis really is. Their record sounds impressive, but their conference isn't squat and there are a good lot of teams that could have terrific records if they played in that conference. Louisville is a team that could go all the way. Pitt I don't think will make it to the final four. Don't really know why either. Could be something to do with Duke. NC could stumble as well if they go on a scoring slump. I'd love to see OU go as far as the final four and then the championship, but ever since Griffin got hurt, they haven't been playing the same.

How about this for a final four...all #2 seeds. Michigan State, Memphis, Duke and Oklahoma?

My granddaughter has 2 tickets for the Greensboro games (she attends UNC). Her and her Dad are going to the LSU vs Butler and the UNC vs Radford games. Then her Dad and I are going to the Texas vs Minnesota and the Duke vs Binghamton game.

I've got Louisville, Memphis, Pittsburgh and Oklahoma in the Final Four.

I've got Louisville beating Oklahoma 87-74 in the title game.

I love Duke, but I've got them losing to Villanova in the Sweet 16. They've lost too many games in convincing fashion this year to get me too excited about their chances. I'd love nothing more than to be wrong about this, but Sweet 16 seems like the end of the road this year.

I don't have too many huge upsets this year. I do have these mild upsets in my bracket though. #10 USC over BC, #10 Maryland over California, and I have #12 Western Kentucky over #5 Illinois. I had several big upsets last year and I hit almost all of them including Davidson's amazing run, but I just don't see anything like that this year.

Final: Louisville and UNC....winner UNC. Uconn won't make it past second round. Pitt gets to sweet 16 that is it, and I see BC making some waves, but not enough to make too much of a difference. Memphis is way over rated IMO.

Final 4: Louisville - Memphis - Pittsburgh - UNC
Championship game : Louisville - UNC
Champion : UNC

First round upsets : Mich. State goes down as well as Illinois.
Well, I called one upset although it wasn't a great one. W. Kentucky (12 seed upset Illinois (5 seed).

So far, the only game I missed was michigan beating Clemson.

As a die-hard Ohio State Buckeye fan I couldn't even pick michigan in an NCAA game. :cool:

So I stirred the pot a little this morning with some unc-CH fans I work with. IMO, and not just because its kerliner, I think that when they went up by 3248 points Roy should have subbed in some of the white boy cheerleaders that sit at the end of the bench. It would have rewarded them for showing up to practice all year and allowed his starters to get some rest for the next game. If Radford had pulled to within 30 he could have put the starters back in if he were afraid.
And, that's my thinking regardless of the team. What do y'all think?

Also, have you seen their new logo...

ir6cfa.jpg

So I stirred the pot a little this morning with some unc-CH fans I work with. IMO, and not just because its kerliner, I think that when they went up by 3248 points Roy should have subbed in some of the white boy cheerleaders that sit at the end of the bench. It would have rewarded them for showing up to practice all year and allowed his starters to get some rest for the next game. If Radford had pulled to within 30 he could have put the starters back in if he were afraid.

ir6cfa.jpg

Coach K was very generous and took all his starters out towards the end of the game against Binghamton. I was very impressed with Duke, they looked good.

Uh bp, where's NCS? Oh that's right, they're at your home watching all the tourney's on the boob tube. Don't ya at some time wish that your team had some of Carolina's players? Maybe a good coach that you could be proud of? How about a mascot? I loan you the Deac's Harley if you'll ride it. :)

BTW, how about those Sooners? My all #2 seeds making it to the final four is still looking good though Memphis needs to get their stuff together. :cheers:

Uh bp, where's NCS? Oh that's right, they're at your home watching all the tourney's on the boob tube. Don't ya at some time wish that your team had some of Carolina's players? Maybe a good coach that you could be proud of? How about a mascot? I loan you the Deac's Harley if you'll ride it. :)

BTW, how about those Sooners? My all #2 seeds making it to the final four is still looking good though Memphis needs to get their stuff together. :cheers:
NC State, I hear that they are no longer part of the Tobacco Road contingent. No coach, no players with talent. They will probably be soon joining the Big 10.

NC State, I hear that they are no longer part of the Tobacco Road contingent. No coach, no players with talent. They will probably be soon joining the Big 10.

Muggle, I do believe you've got something there. Now how about buying me a new keyboard. :)

ir6cfa.jpg

Don't look like TAR to me...:beerbang:

Say buck where are your Deacs? Lost to Cleveland State?? That has to be a WTF moment. And no I wouldn't want many of kerliner players. I certainly wouldn't want Ol' Roy. And as to their mascot, you've got to be kidding me. They don't even want to accept their mascot. He's named for a rubber. The live mascot isn't even the same species as their statue in front of Kenan. IMO unc-CH is the opposite of the State motto, Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than to seem). They would rather seem to be something they aren't.

rameses.jpg
ram.jpg

bp, at least the Deacs made a post season tournament, unlike your State boys. How long are you going to put up with Sydney?

BTW, my Sooners are still in it. :)

bp, at least the Deacs made a post season tournament, unlike your State boys. How long are you going to put up with Sydney?

BTW, my Sooners are still in it. :)
Yeah, but I have Syracuse going to the Final 8. That means your Sooners are goners. :D

Yeah, but I have Syracuse going to the Final 8. That means your Sooners are goners. :D

Syracuse to the final 4, I should have made that pic last week when I had the chance. My buddy is still sticking with Louisville, but I just don't think they have it in them. UNC is looking real good too and I wouldn't count out Duke either. Anybody got UCONN going all the way? Buzz around here is that they might just do it, but I still have to really go with UNC, they have really impressed me the last few weeks.

I will stick with my final 4 of:

Louisville
Memphis
Pittsburgh
UNC

Although I have more than a few misgivings about not picking Duke.

What you :puffin: buckaroo. Oklahoma will not get by syracuse let alone UNC or Duke. :)

Well I've stirred some feelings this week. I posted a pick of the Gonzaga Bulldog outside my office. Some dummies have stopped and asked when I became an UGA fan. The 2 don't look anything alike.
Now Saturday I hope I don't have to but if I must I'll become a Syr Orangeman or an Okie Sooner.

My bracket still looks really good. I have 7 of the Elite 8 picked to be here. The only one I've been wrong on of my Elite 8 is Memphis, who I had going to the Final 4 before losing to Louisville.

7 out of 8 doesn't seem bad though.

Only 2 of my final 4 made it Nova and UNC, should of known better than to pick Memphis, but Louisville was a shocker. I honestly thought they had a shot at winning the Championship.

My bracket came crashing down around me yesterday. I had a great run up until this weekend. I have none of my picks in the final four. :eek:

buckaroo, your Sooner team is in the Final 4. Oklahoma women will play Louisville.:)

Nope, my boys lost to the Tarheels. Now Arizona is trying to get their coach. BTW, the next college basketball games will be held in Detroit. Also Louisville is out too. :cool:

Nope, my boys lost to the Tarheels. Now Arizona is trying to get their coach. BTW, the next college basketball games will be held in Detroit. Also Louisville is out too. :cool:

Yeah, I think my son and my granddaughter are going to Detroit to see UNC play if they can get tickets. Granddaughter attends UNC and is all excited about them.

btw, the Paris girls are pretty good players. Nobody though is going to beat the U-Conn women. :)

Yeah, I think my son and my granddaughter are going to Detroit to see UNC play if they can get tickets. Granddaughter attends UNC and is all excited about them.

btw, the Paris girls are pretty good players. Nobody though is going to beat the U-Conn women. :)

I agree Mug. We can keep hoping though cant we?:whoopee:

I'm going for the upset....Nova to the final, and Nova for national Champ.

Talked with my son today. He has tickets for the Final 4 and also for the Finals. If UNC doesn't make it to the Finals he thinks he should be able to sell the tickets at a profit, as long as Michigan State is in it. If it is U-Conn and Nova, he is in trouble.

Granddaughter is pretty excited. :)

Back
Top Bottom