New BBQ pick

Clutch

Team Owner
I'm in the market for a new BBQ.
I'm going with gas for my go to and am looking at 2 Webers.

The Q3200 or the Spirit II E-310. Anyone have either of these or an opinion?
I'm leaning toward, actually heavily leaning toward the Spirit.
Any input appreciated.

Here is the Q3200
mini_Q3200-2LS__Detail_Listing_Standard_DesktopW10.jpg

And this is the Spirit.
mini_Weber Spirit 11 E-310.jpg

Like I said I'm almost sure I want the Spirit but does anyone have some experience with either grill?

What's the criteria you are working with?

We have a 4 burner stainless weber. Only issue we have ran into repeatedly regardless of brand - none of them use stainless steel cooking grates or burner shields, so they both rust away (only the bodies are stainless). We took a piece of stainless sheet metal and made new burner shields for our current one, and dad found a new set of cooking grates that barely fit somewhere.

I have been so busy racing slot cars this year that I have not even had time to fire mine up...I hope it still works. :)

I'm a charcoal guy, but the Spirit looks to be better in most regards. Wider cooking area, more powerful burners, separate controls for each burner so you can have a hotter and cooler side of the grill if you want.

What's the criteria you are working with?

We have a 4 burner stainless weber. Only issue we have ran into repeatedly regardless of brand - none of them use stainless steel cooking grates or burner shields, so they both rust away (only the bodies are stainless). We took a piece of stainless sheet metal and made new burner shields for our current one, and dad found a new set of cooking grates that barely fit somewhere.
Rust resistance is one major criteria. As you noted those burner shields rust away.
We get a lot of rain here and the BBQ will be outside 24/7 and I'm hoping the Weber construction and Warranty will be better and last longer than my previous BBQ's. Obviously I'll buy a good cover for it.
The Q3200 is all aluminum with a cart that is some kind of durable plastic.
And the Weber at least has an aluminum firebox and looks to have sturdy construction.
I have the next 3 days off so I'll go see them in the store and make a choice.

I'm a charcoal guy, but the Spirit looks to be better in most regards. Wider cooking area, more powerful burners, separate controls for each burner so you can have a hotter and cooler side of the grill if you want.
I agree.
I'm a charcoal guy too but convenience wins out as we BBQ often.
I'm actually planning on getting a charcoal Kettle as well in the future.

I agree.
I do, but because I have been racing slot cars so much this year I haven't had time to use my bbq much. But at least there is a hot hog shop on one side of the track and a hamburger shop on the other side. :)

I agree.

Starting charcoal with a chimney is the way to go IMO. It doesn't take a much more time than gas before you can start grilling. Look for a grille with cast iron grates, they last and last.

Never had a gas Weber but I do know that they have replacement parts for their kettles. I suspect they have replacement parts for their gas grills, also.

Well I bought the Spirit.
I'm very happy.

mini_20200908_171600.jpg

Am wondering what the difference in cooking between Down under and the rest of the world.

mini_20200908_201247.jpg

Back
Top Bottom