New Drag Strip

K

Kamaro_Kid

Bruton Smith Unveils Plans for the New Dragway!

Lowe's Motor Speedway has officially announced plans to begin construction for a state-of-the-art drag racing facility in early February! On Thursday, January 24, SMI Chairman O. Bruton Smith unveiled artist renderings for the extraordinary project. NHRA President Tom Compton announced the dragway will host the inaugural NHRA Carolina Nationals Sept. 11-14. The strip is currently being called The Dragway @ Lowe's Motor Speedway, but Smith is asking fans to name the facility by participating in a contest online! The individual submitting the name chosen for the facility will receive a $2,000 cash prize and a VIP experience during the inaugural NHRA Carolinas Nationals.

Old news but i guess it didnt get around as much as thought. It was the center of a potential lawsuit in the middle of the fourth quarter last year.

I agree Magnet...old news...but all this is bout finally its offical...

Lots of talk of it long ago and they first told him NO Way but since he owns..Lowes Track...he threaten to pull it out....completely.....

Amazing isnt it , how negotiations can work when you own a bigger piece of the pie

:D :D :D :D :D

I agree Magnet...old news...but all this is bout finally its offical...

Lots of talk of it long ago and they first told him NO Way but since he owns..Lowes Track...he threaten to pull it out....completely.....

Amazing isnt it , how negotiations can work when you own a bigger piece of the pie

:D :D :D :D :D

I'm amazed how quickly they're building it. They better do weekly racing there, otherwise that's gonna be a sucky track.

NHRA=NASCAR, JMO.

IHRA races at Rockingham and at Maryland.

I'm amazed how quickly they're building it. They better do weekly racing there, otherwise that's gonna be a sucky track.

NHRA=NASCAR, JMO.

IHRA races at Rockingham and at Maryland.
well TMS has the same problem. Bruton wants a dragstrip, but Eddie won't permit it. There's 6 weekly dragstrips around here- Eddie fears it'll be just liek the dirt track- it'll have 1 race a year and thats it, because there won't be enough competitors left to do a weekly series from the amount of other local tracks.

oh, and the HD Partners thing fell through, for those who might care.

well TMS has the same problem. Bruton wants a dragstrip, but Eddie won't permit it. There's 6 weekly dragstrips around here- Eddie fears it'll be just liek the dirt track- it'll have 1 race a year and thats it, because there won't be enough competitors left to do a weekly series from the amount of other local tracks.

oh, and the HD Partners thing fell through, for those who might care.

The NHRA doesn't want to run on race tracks that see weekly action. They, like NASCAR, want exclusive tracks that they, and only they, race on twice a year.

The NHRA is just like NASCAR, IMO. :rolleyes:

No more drivers racing on their home tracks. Instead, they'll be racing on big tracks that won't even sell out. That makes it impossible for young talent to breed in their sport.

IHRA is 10x's better than NHRA, JMO. They race at Rockingham and Maryland. Those are both fast tracks because they've got rubber build up on the tracks, lots of grip and lots of speed. The NHRA is too pussified to run out here. :)

Back
Top Bottom