New format for All-Star race

I like the avg finish in the other segments thing, it stops people from trying to play it safe in the back honestly, if you want to start good in the end you better race good the whole time!

Sad that they have to go to these lengths to try and make a "All-Star" race exciting.

I like the avg finish in the other segments thing, it stops people from trying to play it safe in the back honestly, if you want to start good in the end you better race good the whole time!

I agree. Last year after you won a segment you rode around in the back to avoid trouble since you knew you'd be in the top four heading on to pit road. This makes you race consistently well since you want good track position going into the pits and into a ten-lap sprint.

Actually , the mods could combine this thread with "You Can't Fix Stupid " IMO:D

Sounds good, but I think the issue is that Charlotte is a rather boring track. Move the all star race to Bristol.

While I think that this change is a good one the constant changing of the format of this race and the Unlimited are nothing more than an attempt at creating more drama. I'm still concerned that they will somehow try to work the 'fan's choice' into one of these changes. I hope that they can avoid that. I don't see any drawback to this format that they've come up with but I still bet Chad somehow comes up with a way to exploit it. I would have liked to see them come up with this format long ago and let it play out over the years.

The All-star race is a good race to play with the rules. Didn't double file restarts come from the all-star race some years ago?

Why I thought you loved everything:rolleyes:

There is a difference between "loving everything" and not constantly whining about everything. I still enjoyed my time at the All-Star race but this new format seems like it would be better. Do you understand what I'm saying or do you need me to dumb it down for you?

There is a difference between "loving everything" and not constantly whining about everything. I still enjoyed my time at the All-Star race but this new format seems like it would be better. Do you understand what I'm saying or do you need me to dumb it down for you?
Your probably to smart to really dumb anything down :rolleyes: But I might reckon I understands.Dumbass

I've always thought it was kind of a silly idea for NASCAR to have an All-Star race. In other sports, the All-Star event is the only time of year that all of the sport's biggest stars are on the same field/court/rink at the same time. In NASCAR however, all the sport's biggest stars are on the same track every week, so why is an All-Star race necessary? Throw in the fact that not all of the drivers make it in to the main event, which means NASCAR actually has LESS stars in their All-Star race than they would have at a regular points-paying race. I know a lot of people love it, but to me this race is just a gimmick that I've never really taken much interest in.

I've always thought it was kind of a silly idea for NASCAR to have an All-Star race. In other sports, the All-Star event is the only time of year that all of the sport's biggest stars are on the same field/court/rink at the same time. In NASCAR however, all the sport's biggest stars are on the same track every week, so why is an All-Star race necessary? Throw in the fact that not all of the drivers make it in to the main event, which means NASCAR actually has LESS stars in their All-Star race than they would have at a regular points-paying race. I know a lot of people love it, but to me this race is just a gimmick that I've never really taken much interest in.
Thats a good thing, more room for us real race fans, especially with the new format.

Thats a good thing, more room for us real race fans, especially with the new format.
So I'm not a real race fan because I don't particularly care for the All-Star race? I love all the other races, I just don't have much of an interest in the ones that don't matter (All-Star and Sprint Unlimited). You "real race fans" can have those two all to yourselves.

So I'm not a real race fan because I don't particularly care for the All-Star race? I love all the other races, I just don't have much of an interest in the ones that don't matter (All-Star and Sprint Unlimited). You "real race fans" can have those two all to yourselves.
Thanks, we appreciate it.

Your probably to smart to really dumb anything down :rolleyes: But I might reckon I understands.Dumbass
Awwwww... mr honcho can dish it out but can't take it...resorts to name calling. haha...Maybe you should put me on ignore so you won't have to be so distraught by my posts. (if you can figure out how use the ignore feature);)

I agree, it really is a waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom