New guy here

D

Dionysius

So I'm a big open-wheel fan. I love F1 and IRL cars. I've been a little disappointed with the IRL as of late with their stupid move to Versus so I've been more focused on F1.

However, I don't pay a lot of attention to either series during silly season because I don't really care about that crap.

I am not a Danica fan. I see a lot of posts by one that calls himself "DanicaFan" so this could be interesting.

I promise to play nice. ;)

-Dave

So I'm a big open-wheel fan. I love F1 and IRL cars. I've been a little disappointed with the IRL as of late with their stupid move to Versus so I've been more focused on F1.

However, I don't pay a lot of attention to either series during silly season because I don't really care about that crap.

I am not a Danica fan. I see a lot of posts by one that calls himself "DanicaFan" so this could be interesting.

I promise to play nice. ;)

-Dave

Welcome...this could be fun:D

Welcome!

I like Danica, but considering I'm also an Earnhardt Jr fan, I'm used to having a lot of mud thrown my way.

I'm a NASCAR fan, but I follow just about everything on wheels that goes fast. I keep up with IRL as much as I can without getting Versus. I'm also disappointed in the state that IRL is in right now. I thought the open-wheel reunification would help, but then they gave a Comcast channel rights to air nearly all their races. And don't get me started on that stupid Delta wing!

I wish IRL would go back to the roots of how the Indy 500 was. Just make some manditory rules for safety of the drivers, but leave the rest up to the teams. Want to race an all-electric car? Go for it. Turbine powered? Go for it. The Delta wing kind of reminds me of the bat-**** crazy stuff they would do in the early days of IRL and F1. But an entire field of that ugly thing would just be stupid.

As far as F1, I enjoy the specticle of it, but not much else. The format they have leaves little chances for passing. And last year was a joke with the off-track politics overshadowing the on-track racing. Then there's the return of F1's resident Jackass: Schumacher. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the board. It sounds like we may disagree some but hey it could be interesting.;)

Back
Top Bottom