New Hampshire Bonehead

Guy hits debris, cuts a tire, and his head isn't in the game...OK.

my guess is ran over he own debris from when he hit the wall early.so yes kfb.:eek:

I guess the only one I really saw was the 14 pretty much running over the 48 when he was already on the apron

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I guess the only one I really saw was the 14 pretty much running over the 48 when he was already on the apron

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Jimmy came upon him very quickly. I'm pretty sure Clint didn't see him nor did the spotter even have time to make him aware.

Jimmy came upon him very quickly. I'm pretty sure Clint didn't see him nor did the spotter even have time to make him aware.
Not as quick as you would think. I was at the race and turn 2 was blocked. Jimmie drove in hard and made a run, there was a solid 1-2 seconds before Clint came down.

Then, the next run, Clint almost wrecked him again, costing him 3 spots. Didn't make the broadcast.

He then almost took out the 17 a lap later, and another. It was a hot topic in the stands (atleast to the guys behind me). But Clint was out of control.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Not as quick as you would think. I was at the race and turn 2 was blocked. Jimmie drove in hard and made a run, there was a solid 1-2 seconds before Clint came down.

Then, the next run, Clint almost wrecked him again, costing him 3 spots. Didn't make the broadcast.

He then almost took out the 17 a lap later, and another. It was a hot topic in the stands (atleast to the guys behind me). But Clint was out of control.

I'll agree Clint looked a little squirrelly today but if you haven't seen the replays yet, it might change your opinion. I don't think there's any doubt though that Bowyer's best days are behind him.

I would say Kyle, but Denny tapped the wall almost exactly the same without damaging a tire.
I would probably say the 14/48 incident, but also the 4's pit strategy even though they got back to the lead lap.

I'll agree Clint looked a little squirrelly today but if you haven't seen the replays yet, it might change your opinion. I don't think there's any doubt though that Bowyer's best days are behind him.
I just think it was desperation. Ultimately a racing deal.

His best days could be ahead of him. In the booth.

Tell us what it was like with the reduced fans and distancing, how was it getting in etc.

Cannot put any blame on Kyle other than not feeling what the issue was. It was the same issue that Kenseth was going through and I believe a couple of others(Ryan Newman) for sure, but they backed way out of it. Believe JR made a comment about it too....they had way too much camber in the RF, wore the inner part of the tire down.

Unfortunately Kyle hit too hard...Kenseth managed to keep it out of the wall on the first one, and even the second was not mechanically catastrophic, but by then that team was out of tires...so it was park it or run on old, used tires for no gain since there were 30 cars on the lead lap.

So the bone head move was NASCAR only allowing 6 sets of tires, which equated to 2 sets per stage.

Cannot put any blame on Kyle other than not feeling what the issue was. It was the same issue that Kenseth was going through and I believe a couple of others(Ryan Newman) for sure, but they backed way out of it. Believe JR made a comment about it too....they had way too much camber in the RF, wore the inner part of the tire down.

Unfortunately Kyle hit too hard...Kenseth managed to keep it out of the wall on the first one, and even the second was not mechanically catastrophic, but by then that team was out of tires...so it was park it or run on old, used tires for no gain since there were 30 cars on the lead lap.

So the bone head move was NASCAR only allowing 6 sets of tires, which equated to 2 sets per stage.
Not buying it, KDB ran a total of 15 laps.

Not buying it, KDB ran a total of 15 laps.
17....Kenseth ran 34 when the first RF blew and 12 when the second blew. The number 6 had 6 RF tires down to the cords at the end of the race. A number of other ones also did...like the 95, 20, and the 19.

Tell us what it was like with the reduced fans and distancing, how was it getting in etc.
The crowd was energetic enough that you really didn't notice the lack of people. People were super excited to be there. Getting in and out was easy. Most people were wearing masks in the common areas. Great experience.

That is exactly what I think it was also. Said this to my Wife during the race.

This is a direct result of no practice.
I think it’s the direct result of exceeding Goodyear’s maximum RF dynamic camber number.

Aside from some drunk a****** making derogatory comments about a young girl getting pissed on, it was pretty good. To my surprise, everyone was wearing masks. Everyone. Not an exaggeration. A mask was mandatory unless you were sitting in your seats. Everyone did social distance and there was some distance between all of us. Except for another drunk guy behind us who touched my buddy to get his attention.

As for the fans, this was the best crowd I've seen in years. And I've been going to this race every year since 2004. The most lively crowd I've seen in New Hampshire and quite some time, a lot of excitement going on, the race was absolutely fantastic in overall, it was just a really really good experience

The crowd was energetic enough that you really didn't notice the lack of people. People were super excited to be there. Getting in and out was easy. Most people were wearing masks in the common areas. Great experience.
Wow. Literally exactly what I said. Best crowd at NH in years. It was awesome

Back
Top Bottom