New Jersey, Mexico GPs In Jeopardy For 2014

KevinWI

Oldest Operating Motor Speedway In The World
Autosport reporting that the provisional FIA F1 calendar for 2014 given out to their partners doesn't have the New Jersey or Mexico Grand Prix on it. Apparently, the venues are not ready. At this point, I have serious doubts that F1 will ever race in New Jersey.

Other schedule news includes Korea and Bernie having a dispute on fees. If the Korean promotors don't pay, the dung burning Indian Grand Prix may return. Some of the "fly away" dates like Malaysia are being compressed in the spring to reduce travel costs for the teams.

http://www.racer.com/new-jersey-mexico-likely-to-lose-2014-grand-prix-slots/article/319273/

Mexico City might be too close to Austin, but you can bet Bernie knows how many tickets were paid for with pesos.

A little surprised about New Jersey, the commentators made it sound like that was looking good.

New Jersey is not the place to put us on the world stage anyway. There are so many beautiful road courses in the US, other than COTA if they are seeking two dates. What a cluster**** this NJ race has become, huh?

Mexico City might be too close to Austin, but you can bet Bernie knows how many tickets were paid for with pesos.

I thought it was weird that a bunch of rich Mexicans came out for that race. I do think it has a lot to do with their native son being in the race though..

I found it disturbing how little American support the race got.... Then again, if there was an American in the field and he had shocked the world with a win earlier in the year.. The turn out could have been different.

New Jersey is not the place to put us on the world stage anyway. There are so many beautiful road courses in the US, other than COTA if they are seeking two dates. What a cluster**** this NJ race has become, huh?
Well, it was supposed to be on Port Imperial Blvd, right on the Hudson River with the Midtown Manhattan skyline in the background. It was sort of the "New York City" Grand Prix. It wasn't like they were trying to hold the street race in downtown Trenton or something.

Well, it was supposed to be on Port Imperial Blvd, right on the Hudson River with the Midtown Manhattan skyline in the background. It was sort of the "New York City" Grand Prix. It wasn't like they were trying to hold the street race in downtown Trenton or something.

New Jersey will never happen. The closest thing the Atlantic Coast region was ever going to have was Baltimore Indy and that's never likely happening again.

Lol, forgot about that

Back
Top Bottom