New Little Boy

Aww, and now my heart has jumped to 34 degrees.

Y'all are killing me with these cute doggie pictures. Quit it. :mellow:

Who doesn't love a puppy?
*raises hand*

I did love my stuffed puppy when I was a little kid, but that's as far as that goes.

Dogs give pure, unconditional love. They don't know anything else.
They certainly know how to attack. :eek:

An aunt and uncle of mine had a pit bull and a doberman. I used to go over their house all the time when I was little. They always kept the dogs in the back room by their garage whenever people would come over, and of course, as soon as you would ring the doorbell, they would literally go insane trying to bust out of the room.

One day when my stepmom and I went over there, we rang the bell and heard them going nuts, as usual. When we stepped inside, I heard the distinct sound of their collars jingling and them barking, only it was a lot louder than normal and was getting louder. A few seconds later, my cousin yelled "the dogs, the dogs!" The next thing I knew, they both came charging around the corner towards us. The doberman must have recognized me because as soon as she saw me, she quickly turned around and tried to cut the pit bull off, but the pit bull kept coming. I was completely frozen - a deer in the headlights. He jumped at me and my stepmom pulled me out just in time and slammed the front door shut. I was lucky to get away with just a scratch.

I know this ain't the thread for this, but I hate dogs, man.

*raises hand*

I did love my stuffed puppy when I was a little kid, but that's as far as that goes.

They certainly know how to attack. :eek:

An aunt and uncle of mine had a pit bull and a doberman. I used to go over their house all the time when I was little. They always kept the dogs in the back room by their garage whenever people would come over, and of course, as soon as you would ring the doorbell, they would literally go insane trying to bust out of the room.

One day when my stepmom and I went over there, we rang the bell and heard them going nuts, as usual. When we stepped inside, I heard the distinct sound of their collars jingling and them barking, only it was a lot louder than normal and was getting louder. A few seconds later, my cousin yelled "the dogs, the dogs!" The next thing I knew, they both came charging around the corner towards us. The doberman must have recognized me because as soon as she saw me, she quickly turned around and tried to cut the pit bull off, but the pit bull kept coming. I was completely frozen - a deer in the headlights. He jumped at me and my stepmom pulled me out just in time and slammed the front door shut. I was lucky to get away with just a scratch.

I know this ain't the thread for this, but I hate dogs, man.
Have you ever been bit? I think you may be overreacting :D

I got bit once, real good to. My childhood buddy's dog. Played with that dog everyday. He was on the porch one day, I reached up to rough him up like I did all the time and he nailed me. Ripped my left thumb open from the base to the tip. I still don't know what happened, or why he did it. The dog never came close to doing that again. Yup, I still saw him everyday.

He's such a cool dog.

You're really lucky. When I got Mocha, he had a period of adjustment when we adopted him. Mocha tore up my mothers carpet in her basement. She never let me forget it either. He tore up picture albums, ate my couch, ruined a couple Longeberger baskets. That's all I can remember but he got into a lot before I crate trained him.

He did finally turn into a great dog as he got older. He was a sweetie and we adored him.

You're really lucky. When I got Mocha, he had a period of adjustment when we adopted him. Mocha tore up my mothers carpet in her basement. She never let me forget it either. He tore up picture albums, ate my couch, ruined a couple Longeberger baskets. That's all I can remember but he got into a lot before I crate trained him.

He did finally turn into a great dog as he got older. He was a sweetie and we adored him.
This guy is a terror in the morning but not in a bad way, he's just super happy after sleeping all night. He can run and romp. His friend is a four year old female chihuahua mix. They are buddies.
His favorite time, really, is to sit and relax with his people. Sitting or lying down, he likes to be touching someone.

Bobby, be sure and put all your shoes out of reach, if you have any left. LOL

Good looking pup, this breed is very family oriented and normally loves people. I hope you have a large area for him to exercise in.

I have been bit before and it hurts like hell and is not fun in any way, never had the rabies shots, as all the dogs were tagged. But, I do not trust any dog until I know it.
Pit Bull Dogs are the worst to me, they are beautiful dogs but if they are trained wrong there are a minus and have the power to back it up.

Echoing what sdj said --- make sure he has plenty of chew toys. Back when Big Dog was little, the vet said to
give him toys --- no old shoes or sticks --- so that he doesn't learn to take liberties with good shoes or the furniture.

It must have worked --- Dog never did chew up anything but his toys. And after about a year, he even gave up chewing them to pieces.

In fact, he still has his favorite toys --- some are 10 years old.

Also, while he's still small --- roll him over on his back and hold him there for a little bit. That's to teach him that you're pack leader and must be obeyed. That a submission position.

It's been about a year. We took the Buddydog in for his shots. He's right at 90 lbs.
Oddly, he just started barking but only if he's playing. He's quiet but is very communicative silently on what he likes. He's killed a few things that come into the yard, including four possums; just one bite in the rib cage area. He's also shown the potential to be a protective biter, which is good because my girlfriend and her daughter live alone. Super loyal, extremely playful but potentially serious if need be. Great dog.

Back
Top Bottom