New Movies and/or Remakes

barelypure

Spectator
THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL--reportedly Angelina Jolie has been offered the lead female role in the remake of the classic 1950s sci-fi movie. Jolie is starring in ATLAS SHRUGGED.

FANTASTIC VOYAGE--a remake iof the 1966 Oscar-winning sci-fi movie is underway at 20th Century Fox. The original made Raquel Welch a star after she left the role of being the Bond Girl in THUNDERBALL to star in FANTASTIC VOYAGE. The movie concerns scientists in a submarine who are miniaturized and injecting into the bloodstream of an injured VIP in order to save him.

FORREST GUMP 2--a sequel is underway based on Winston Groom's GUMP & CO. The sequel takes place several years after the original film ended with Gump's shrimping business failed and Jenny dead. Gump then proceeds to bumble into various historical events of the 1980s and 90s, including meeting Tom Hanks. Both Hanks and Gary Sinise may return for the sequel. The script was written by the first film's writer, but was shelved because of money conflicts between Groom and the studio, which apparently have been settled.

BEVERLY HILLS COP 4--is being planned and Eddie Murphy is "interested".

INDIANA JONES 4--Shia LeBouf is reportedly close to signing to play the son of Indiana Jones. Filming starts in June with a May 22, 2008 premier.

JURASSIC PARK IV--Sam Neill has denied he's involved in the fourth movie.

STAR TREK--the 11th Trek movie writers Alan Kurtzman and Robert Orci (MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 3, THE LEGEND OF ZORRO, TRANSFORMERS) said the 11th Trek movie is "not a prequel but a reimagining ." Also, the title will be STAR TREK without any numerical designation. They added, "there will be more action in this movie than any Trek that's preceded it."

JAMES BOND 22--it appears Goran Visnjic has left ER to be the next Bond Villain/ Vesper Lynde's ex-lover in the 22nd Bond movie. Also, Daniel Craig told 007 producers that he wants less nudity in Bond #22 so that the audience will concentrate on his acting abilities. He doesn't want a repeat of him emerging from the surf displaying his physical attributes which was to attract the female audience.

So much to see and so little time to do it. I suppose that I'll see probably half of those movies with no doubt, the James Bond movie. Having seen Craig in the movie Infamous, I know how good of an actor he is. When you mentioned he wanted less nudity, I thought you meant the women. Now where would a good James Bond movie be with naked women? :)

SPIDER-MAN--Sam Raimi confirmed Sony pictures plans SPIDER-MAN 4, 5 and 6. Raimi may not be involved in all of the sequels---he's thinking of directing THE HOBBIT.

JAMES BOND--Ioan Gruffudd says in 7-10 years when he's older and has more muscles and Daniel Craig is tired of playing 007, he wants to be the next James Bond.

THE MUMMY 3--one news source said Rachel Weisz dropped out because the script is lousy.

THE BIRDS--the remake of the Alfred Hitchcock movie will have an environmental cause for the massive bird attacks.

Spider-Man, A most see movie. I cant wait to go see it.

Dont really know why Tobey wants out. Puzzler huh.

Maybe he was ok with the kissing scene but he had a problem with the steamier actions...

Must be it. LOL

I read some article sometime back. It said that he wants to do independent films. I guess he doesn't like the big bucks.:rolleyes:

The Day the Earth Stood Still is one of my all-time favs. Jolie starring in it doesn't thrill me.

However, the book, "Atlas Shrugged", I've enjoyed reading many times. I may have to see that one. But, how can they compress all those pages into a movie short enough for people to enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom