New name for Hornaday?

D

DE Wrangler 2

sgbg88 name Todd "Totel-em Todd Bodine" but maybe Ron should take that title? He's driving a little too aggressively and has been doing that for a while now!!

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
sgbg88 named Todd "Totel-em Todd Bodine" but maybe Ron should take that title?  He's driving a little too aggressively and has been doing that for a while now!!

Didn't he drive Shawna out of her car too! I never really liked his style of driving and I think I'll name him Ron "Horn-In" Hornaday!

yeah he was a littlee bit aggresive but that part of sort track racing normal he is a clean driver. Keller could have spun Biffle he he wanted to but he did not thats why i like Keller in the BGN

Okay......now we have "Total-em Todd" and "Horny (oops, Horn-in) Ron"!! Can't wait for your new name for my guy........"Kremin' Jimmy"?

Ram-em Ron has been known for his bumpabillity for as long as I can remember. Does well on the short tracks but doesn't seem to have the smoothness required for the cookie cutters and longer.

EatEverythinginsightnomatterwhatitis Jimmy. Hows that? lol

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill
EatEverythinginsightnomatterwhatitis Jimmy.  Hows that? lol

That's good but it's too long.......EETISNMWII? Nawww...........that's too long too!!:)

I don't think e can put that on the Club member ship cards! How about Jimmy "Spastic" Spencer. You know how he loves to throw his terrible 2 fits sometimes!

Dunkinfatrolls Jimmy?
Cow/Moose Jimmy?
LargerthanLife Jimmy?
Foodnme4ever Jimmy?
Foodismybestfriend Jimmy?
Spencer sounds like a donut Jimmy?
Morerollsthatabakery Jimmy?

>......None of those are really that good, just makin a little pun a my boy Jimmy Spencer.

Just wait till Jimmy wins a race.........oh the "donuts" he will turn!! SMOKE THOSE TIRES JIMMY!!!!

Heard Jimmy referred to as The Mouth of The South.....to bad he's from up north eh?

Originally posted by 71Fan
Heard Jimmy referred to as The Mouth of The South.....to bad he's from up north eh?

Yeah..........PA to boot. But, I still think he gets a bum rap. I like him!!:)

Jimmy can drive, But since one hand is always on a piece of his assorted fruit oops I mean Donut basket, He can only drive with one hand, therefore he gets bad finishes. Its a simple as that.

Originally posted by sgbg88
Of course you have to like him, your club president!:p

And Lap3 is vp and you are secretary treasurer......you have the power though!! You control the money!!:D He needs lots of donuts to win tomorrow.......you order them yet?:D

I've tried but he got to the places first and ate all their stock. They told me they would bake some more for tomorrow, just keep Jimmy away till race time!

Ron has always been a beat and bang type driver. Ya might not like his style, but he's dem good. Like 71Fan said especially at short tracks. Kind of a throwback to the old days in that regard.

You might not have noticed but tonight he got a top 10 out of a not very good racecar.

He's also very good with the setups and making a car work.

Off track he's as nice a guy as you could meet. When Kevin Harvick came east from the west coast Ron put him up at his house until Kevin got himself a racing deal and could afford to get his won place. Ron did the same thing for Jimmie Johnson last year.

Hey, Ron is definately wiley as they come. Watched him for several years at the old Saugus Speedway, 1/3 mile, flat, concrete wall arena. He definately learned his restarts and the pokin' the nose in there running that track. He would mostly run everybody clean, but if you got on to his wrong side he wouldn't hold back much either. He only runs to win, second sucks. And yes he is a good person, but that ain't in a race car, different animal there.

Originally posted by Walrus_3
Hey, Ron is definately wiley as they come.  Watched him for several years at the old Saugus Speedway, 1/3 mile, flat, concrete wall arena.  He definately learned his restarts and the pokin' the nose in there running that track.  He would mostly run everybody clean, but if you got on to his wrong side he wouldn't hold back much either.  He only runs to win, second sucks.  And yes he is a good person, but that ain't in a race car, different animal there.

I've heard the same thing about Ron........from someone who knew him personally. His mechanics best friend when he was running Saugus. I'm about 10 miles from that closed down track. But, it's still fun to poke fun at him.:)

Duece,
I used to work at the shop that built the trans for his car and others. Met him many a time. Good people. And yeah, aggressive in a race car.

Ron's aggressive and good, don't know him or any close to him personally. But he is one of my answers to how much difference a driver can make this year.

First ya have the BAM deal; Ron can't do any better in that ride than Shawna. Car is probably pretty bad.

Then ya have the 26 Dr. Pepper car:

10 races with Lyndon Amick at the wheel average finish 27 best finish 14

Ron takes over: 12 races average finish 14, finished 3rd second time out in the car, last 6 races 4 top fives and a 10th.

Far as I know nothing changed at that team but the driver.

Back
Top Bottom