New Truck Arm Rule Effective This Weekend

where is the link, yes I think that is the gibbs advantage. It could also apply to the plate tracks as well. although they are using the track bar and other things to try and make the blade or side of the car stay out of the air.

where is the link, yes I think that is the gibbs advantage. It could also apply to the plate tracks as well. although they are using the track bar and other things to try and make the blade or side of the car stay out of the air.

Caught the end of the NASCAR official explaining the new rule just now on XM.

He said bolts and spacers for truck arms mounts must be welded in place for the weekend.

Kevin Kidd said it will equalize a few cars.

Hmm, sounds like its safe to say some teams where playing around in this area and found an advantage maybe.

I say finding an advantage is great....... ingenuity and inventiveness..... (thinking outside the box))......that's what made this sport what it is..... or... was...... Nascar seems to want to squash this type of thinking and go IROC...... I applaud any team who can come up with an idea that gives them any advantage at all.... the rules are so stringent now that it's almost impossible to be inventive......

Kidd said it would take away the advantage of extra yaw.

Caught the end of the NASCAR official explaining the new rule just now on XM.

He said bolts and spacers for truck arms mounts must be welded in place for the weekend.

They have found a sneaky way to allow some flexing to take place other than in the bushings.

You cant electric weld rubber bushing that they're talking about in 2012.

I say finding an advantage is great....... ingenuity and inventiveness..... (thinking outside the box))......that's what made this sport what it is..... or... was...... Nascar seems to want to squash this type of thinking and go IROC...... I applaud any team who can come up with an idea that gives them any advantage at all.... the rules are so stringent now that it's almost impossible to be inventive......
Agreed, even the smallest details (or what my naïve brain considers a small detail) are governed.

2 point triangulated truck arms + a long track bar that functions in an arc = rear steer.
Weather the car is tight/loose is now driver adjustable & dependent on the track bar height of the frame pivot point.
A Watts link or Jacobs ladder is the only way to keep a triangulated 2 point suspension centered in the car &
eliminate most of the rear steer.

Nobody has had a rear-end housing assembly centered in a car in decades.

I wonder why the only reference to this points to this thread? There is nada out there.

I wonder why the only reference to this points to this thread? There is nada out there.
Yeah, I googled the subject as well. Just this thread.

However, I did notice that Brad Keselowski made an interesting comment in a post-Talladega interview. He was thanking Team Penske for a fast car after disappointing speed at Daytona. Asked if his car had anything new to boost performance since Daytona, he said it did not, to the best of his knowledge, but he was aware something had been taken away from some others. Hmmm.

JGR feels the burn, as their advantage is neutered. Nothing worst than having your nuts welded to your bolt.

Today we'll see.

It's a headline in your head.

2 threads in 2 days about the same thing. I think we'll see tomorrow.

And the 78 makes 4. LOL

Crews at shop frantically updating all existing truck arm attachment assemblies to comply with strict new rule limiting their previously well-guarded rear steer secret.

Lots of talk about the truck arm this week, not to be confused with trucker's arm, a medical condition where the left arm is significantly more tanned than the right arm.
Both of which will affect outcomes at Kansas equally.

Diva, are you washing dishes or bussing tables?

Neither.

I took the day off because I couldn't get anything done ... too busy falling off my stool laughing at you flailing around under the Gibbs cars looking at stuff you've never seen before.

Go, Chase!
Go, Chase! And take JJ and Kasey when you go! :p

Yep, those ten lap races will get you every time.

Look like the HMS lost out.

All praise to the Toyota's, they're the greatest cars in NASCAR and the greatest drivers.

What flew by me was your declaration that JGR had lost its competitive advantage as a result of a rules change, without waiting to see what happened when the cars hit the track.

What flew by me was your declaration that JGR had lost its competitive advantage as a result of a rules change, without waiting to see what happened when the cars hit the track.

Oh Charlie, I love your wit big boy.

Back
Top Bottom