New York City

StandOnIt

Farm Truck

1676305675230.png

Good or bad (I guess it depends on who you are) I see this as Nascar taking what I call the F1 approach. The overall goal is to put on an event and not necessarily a good race. Also these "events" are not put on for the traditional race fan, they're for the people that live in these cities. I can't remember the numbers but the vast majority of the people in the stands for the clash were from the LA area, meaning that these "events" are not destination races like traditional nascar races.

New York doesn't work if you don't at least have the city skyline. I'd rather see them convert the horse track at the Meadowlands to an asphalt track than see them race in the parking lot at MetLife Stadium.

Racing in the Middle East is just asking for trouble. Same with Mexico tbh.

Denver, Seattle and Canada would be cool.

If it weren't for the logistics I think the Clash in Australia would be sweet

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I knew New York was coming as soon as NASCAR said they were doing street circuit races, they've wanted to be there for years

As for the Middle East, my thoughts are this:

Good grief. This sounds like the early years of CART when they kept going to more and more road/street courses and people got tired of it. Then they created the IRL to have mostly ovals and here we are and they're running a CART schedule. This is why I hope the Chicago race is a disaster.

This is why I hope the Chicago race is a disaster.

Like I mentioned in my other post I don't think they really care if the race is any good or not, as long as it makes for a good event

I guess waiting to see if Chicago works first isn't an option.
I was about to say that.
As soon as they started running the Roval folks went crazy about running five of them every year. A year later we had the same debate about dirt races, then about stadium races and now street races.
So far it's only talk, we'll see how it works out.

NASCAR just goes overboard. I was in the camp of wanting more road/street courses, but 1 or two more. They added too many and still want to add more.
So pulling a date from Texas for COTA and adding one street race in Chicago it just entirely over the line.

NASCAR just goes overboard. I was in the camp of wanting more road/street courses, but 1 or two more. They added too many and still want to add more.
It was last year if I am not mistaken and NASCAR did say they feel they have reached the saturation point with the current number of road course races.

Because NASCAR "fans" are never happy, never have been happy and never will be happy. They feed on negativity.
I’d say you can’t make everyone happy. Try to make a change and the one segment that doesn’t like it, they get vocal. It’s like a Merry Go Round, up down and around

I don't have any road racing phobias myself. I remember looking at pictures of Nascar road racing at Riverside and reading the recap of the race and thinking that is cooler than hell. I've watched every street Pinty's race there is in full on Youtube and from what I can tell their cars are very similar to an Xfinity car. The sound is great echoing off the buildings and it is a total driver's course on the street at Montreal and one mistake can really mess up your day.

I don't have any road racing phobias myself. I remember looking at pictures of Nascar road racing at Riverside and reading the recap of the race and thinking that is cooler than hell. I've watched every street Pinty's race there is in full on Youtube and from what I can tell their cars are very similar to an Xfinity car. The sound is great echoing off the buildings and it is a total driver's course on the street at Montreal and one mistake can really mess up your day.
iam old,so i got to go to riverside allot,for different events,one of the tracks i really miss.darrell crashed though a guard rail and hit the fence two feet from me.he was like oops sorry. great times.

Good grief. This sounds like the early years of CART when they kept going to more and more road/street courses and people got tired of it. Then they created the IRL to have mostly ovals and here we are and they're running a CART schedule. This is why I hope the Chicago race is a disaster.
This is the kind of thinking I dont understand. Why anyone would want any part of our series, yes folks its your series, why you would want it to fail boggles the mind. The Sport is always looking at ways to get new eyes on it and all of the cities make sense, I doubt all of those will be street races, some may be exhibition races like LA or maybe in the not to distant future a new track will be constructed which is something that needs to be done. A new track like no other, something along the lines of the stadium like they built in Vegas, I dont mean a small stadium track but the creature comforts that they put in with the fans in mind, that place is amazing and I can see NASCAR doing this. Lets see what they come with and give it chance, we are all in this together.

You would think they would have learned from the 1.5 mile era

I've always wondered why people pick on the 1.5 mile tracks. I think the reason is Bruton Smith, not NASCAR, understood at the time he needed bigger facilities to hold more fans and build a track where you could see all the way around and he used pretty much the same configuration as Charlotte for Atlanta and Texas, this is where the "cookie cutter" stuff comes from. Charlotte had fantastic racing on that track so it was understandable why Smith built them similar to it. I've seen great races at all of those tracks. When we had what some fans called " boring racing" they want to blame the track but in reality its the car you put on it and what you perceive to be boring racing.

Check out the NASCAR Mexico Series. I'll admit I havent followed it much but I think that's getting ready to change. We have to get the Cup series down there.

nascar-mexico-carrera-exhibicion-2016-iinico-carrera-2.jpg
mexico2.jpeg
NASCARMexicoSeries.jpg

I've always wondered why people pick on the 1.5 mile tracks. I think the reason is Bruton Smith, not NASCAR, understood at the time he needed bigger facilities to hold more fans and build a track where you could see all the way around and he used pretty much the same configuration as Charlotte for Atlanta and Texas, this is where the "cookie cutter" stuff comes from. Charlotte had fantastic racing on that track so it was understandable why Smith built them similar to it. I've seen great races at all of those tracks. When we had what some fans called " boring racing" they want to blame the track but in reality its the car you put on it and what you perceive to be boring racing.
Nascar has always had the mentality of "if a little is good, a lot is better". Then whenever something changes and it isn't good anymore they have a lot of not good. They've done this 1.5 mile tracks, night races and road courses.

While I was open to the idea of doing a street circuit or two, as many as NASCAR wants on the schedule I can't really support.

Back
Top Bottom