Newman and the first part of the season!!!!

N

NewmanFan

Can you imagine if Newman hadnt been using some of those "experimental engines" at the first of the year, how big of a points lead he may have? Give me your thoughts whether they be good or bad.

Well, the way I see it is if he hadn't been experimenting with the numbers...they might not have gotten them all to add up right and run ahead of the pack as they are now.

I agree, Paul. I think a substantial part of Newman's success has been the numbers-crunching being done by the very bright members of his crew. They would not be the same team without that approach. Ryan's early failures, therefore, were utterly necessary.

Plus, it gave him the experience to know how hard he could and could not push the envelope.

Now, what happens next year if Penske does make the move to Dodge? Granted, Ryan will have a year of experience under his belt to build on, so the learning curve shouldn't be as steep.

Failing to start the year hurt Newman, but now he has more experience about racing. I think the failures early will help him a lot down the finish. I don't know if he can win the championship but I'm sure he'll be higher than the 4th place he is in right now

Originally posted by paul
Well, the way I see it is if he hadn't been experimenting with the numbers...they might not have gotten them all to add up right and run ahead of the pack as they are now.

Excellent point. He still may win the thing. It is going to be him or Tony.

Ryan Newman is something very special as a driver that we dont get to see that often. To be honest with you people, I was a long time Darrell Waltrip fan, then i had to choose someone different, so I went with Matt Kenseth, so last year when Matt was struggling a bit and Ryan Newman was getting his feet wet with his second at Kansas and Fifth @ Michigan, I saw something in this guy that was going to be good so I jumped on that wagon then and Im going to ride this thing out for the remainder.

Back
Top Bottom