Newman/Edwards...have at it?

#17D500winner

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2012/3/4/2845101/nascar-phoenix-results-ryan-newman-carl-edwards-2012

NASCAR At Phoenix: Ryan Newman Says Carl Edwards Has One Coming

by Jordan Bianchi

Ryan Newman conceded Carl Edwards likely didn't wreck him intentionally on lap 256 of Sunday's NASCAR race at Phoenix International Raceway.
But that doesn't matter much when a potentially good finish goes by the wayside.
Newman, on the outside of Edwards heading into Turn 3 and challenging for a spot in the top five, was hit broadside by the 99 car, sending him hard into the wall.
The Stewart-Haas Racing driver vowed from this point forward to race the man who finished second a year ago in the Sprint Cup standings far differently.
"I'm 99 percent sure Carl Edwards didn't do that on purpose, but I trusted him," Newman said. "Now he can't trust me because there is a lot to be had and lost; we lost a lot today. I don't know how much he lost, but that's not the point.
"I don't consider that a deliberate move by any means. (But) we know plenty of times in this sport, what comes around goes around."
The accident left Newman 21st in the final running order (Edwards finished 17th) and 18th in the point standings heading into next Sunday's race in Las Vegas.

I'm ready to dump Edwards too. My YF racing forums "A" driver Edwards took out my "B" driver Newman killing good runs by both :mad: guess I'm lucky my other "B" Biffle and my "C" Amirola driver had decent days.

The writer of that article is grasping at straws. It was just an accident. And Newman generally doesn't give people room to race which avoid the hell out of the other drivers. (they mention it often on their scanners)

There's no way that was intentional and Newman certainly is no stranger to bullying his way around a track but, IMO, he still has to make it clear that he's not going to simply pull over for Edwards or anyone else.

Edwards is a jackass. Plain and simple. When he gets on someones door and they get loose and tap him, they did it on purpose and he wrecks them. When he screws up, it's the other guys fault for racing too hard 'on a restart'. Got news for you Carl, restarts are when the hardest racing takes place. Learn to control your car.

This makes zero sense. Where's the logic in admitting it wasn't on purpose, but threatening to come back at him anyway? His justification is "we lost a lot?" That may be more befuddling than "he never gives me any room."

This makes zero sense. Where's the logic in admitting it wasn't on purpose, but threatening to come back at him anyway? His justification is "we lost a lot?" That may be more befuddling than "he never gives me any room."

Sense ? You want sense ?:growl:

It's simple. Carl got loose and made Newman pay the price. Carl could have checked up and turned left instead of turning up into Newman to catch his car.

Besides, Carl has wrecked people for racing incidents he himself created. I would love to see him get some of his own from Newman. After Gateway, Newman said he would have walked down pit road and punched Carl in the face. How cool would that be? :)

I don't beleive Newmans Threatening Edwards at all, he just saying he "Trusted" Edwards to race him clean and after this incedent Edwards has now lost his trust and Newman will race Edwards like Edwards raced him.
In other words he's telling Edwards that next time Newman could lift and Not wreck Edwards.....he might not :D
Newman's qoute:
"I'm 99 percent sure Carl Edwards didn't do that on purpose, but I trusted him," Newman said. "Now he can't trust me because there is a lot to be had and lost; we lost a lot today. I don't know how much he lost, but that's not the point.

I loved Newmans reference to Carls car number. Kinda like with the 99, you can't be sure.

We all know that Eddie Haskell is a two-faced a-hole (hence the appropriateness of the nickname). I can't see Newman stooping to Eddie's level but it was pretty obvious that Eddie was trying to save his car when he hit the 39.
As Bobby Ford said, it was just one of them rassin deals...

Methinks some of y'all are making way too big a deal out of this. It's racing. Sometimes things like this happen. Every driver in the history of NASCAR has gotten loose and taken someone out. Carl will apologize, Ryan may or may not retaliate. Big effin' deal.

Methinks some of y'all are making way too big a deal out of this. It's racing. Sometimes things like this happen. Every driver in the history of NASCAR has gotten loose and taken someone out. Carl will apologize, Ryan may or may not retaliate. Big effin' deal.

I think that pretty much sums up the situation.

And the people rest

Don't get me wrong, I love the drama and I love rivalries. I just don't think this particular event is anything noteworthy. If Ryan does choose to retaliate I just hope no one else gets caught up in it.

Don't get me wrong, I love the drama and I love rivalries. I just don't think this particular event is anything noteworthy. If Ryan does choose to retaliate I just hope no one else gets caught up in it.

I'm not worried. Ryan has a cool head, not like that other guy.

I'm trying to think of the last time Newman retaliated and caught others up in it ............. now Edwards, yea there was that time and that time and don't forget that one and oh yea wow that was a big one then there was etc etc etc remember the time he even got his own team mate yea that was another one. :laugh:

I'm seriously considering Edwards for my pick this week. Not because I like or I dislike him but becasue he runs well at Vegas. If Newman decides to retaliate, I think Bristol will be the venue.

I'm seriously considering Edwards for my pick this week. Not because I like or I dislike him but becasue he runs well at Vegas. If Newman decides to retaliate, I think Bristol will be the venue.
me too,done picked him. ps;if he wins pole n race,ford still sucks.

Just a racing incident.

If it was the other way around you'd be raising hell about how someone took out Carl and hope he pays him back.

It was a racing deal yeah I'll agree there but I hope you say that next time this happens to Carl.

Another thing I don't get this happened all last week in Daytona 90% of the wrecks were a racing deal yet every wreck someone was getting blamed.

Just a racing incident.
I'd have to agree, we see these type of crashes through out the season quite frequently. If it had been two lesser known drivers it wouldn't even been a blip on the radar. As usual, something bigger is trying to be made of this by the media to cause controversey.

Yes, the media is like a badger when it gets its teeth into something but Newman made the statement - not the press.

I think Newman looks at it this way. Carl got loose and didn't take the bullet and turn hard left to stay off Ryan. Instead, Carl says Newman was on his door racing him real hard. Looking at the video, I don't think Newman was racing Carl very hard at all, and I think Newman feels the same way. Carl messes up + takes out Newman + blames Newman = pissed off Ryan.

Better than a Stink Badger, I suppose.

or Honey Wagon...

Political_Promises.jpg

I think methane can be used a jet fuel.

Methane is a gas not a liquid so it would'nt work well unless you cooled it to Minus 250F degrees below zero to form a liquid.......Imagine Juan running into that tank.

Back
Top Bottom