Newman.....Hamlin......MattD

28car

Team Owner
With all the slack Newman is receiving for being in the way, to hard to pass, not moving over to let MattD win

Why do I not hear........Hamlin should have just followed MattD and let him win.

With all the slack Newman is receiving for being in the way, to hard to pass, not moving over to let MattD win

Why do I not hear........Hamlin should have just followed MattD and let him win.
First Newman had every right to fight to stay on the lead lap so with that being said, Matt was First, Hamlin was second, they were fighting for the win not Newman. Thats the difference.

At least Matt got a sincere apology for being robbed of his first win. And at least Matt didn't get completely folded up into the wall and have a trip to Homestead taken from him. Hamlin is a nice guy all of the sudden.

Because that can't be a serious question. Why do some race fans expect some of these drivers to just let somebody pass by real easy and take the win? It doesn't make good sense. That's not racing.

we talked about this in the office and the consensus is

If I'm an owner and my driver said he moved out of the way or didn't pass because someone else "deserved to win"
I'll have a new driver next race

there is no mercy rule at the top...........'If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch'

and figure this,
just last week there was a MLB manager saying there should be a mercy rule in major league baseball, so they don't have to have an outfielder pitching

Newman is the last chance for RFR to get into the Playoffs (barring a Stenhouse miracle Win). At ~ $20,000,000 x 2 = $ 40,000,000 (probably a lot more if we could see the actual numbers to include Team infrastructure, etc)

Newman knows this, and so does every other driver out there. Cry if you want, but Top Level Racing is cutthroat business by design. Unlike many other sports -- you are required to go out and destroy the efforts and dreams of over 30 other Teams every Race.

Last edited:
Newman is the last chance for RFR to get into the Playoffs (barring a Stenhouse miracle Win). At ~ $20,000,000 x 2 = $ 40,000,000 (probably a lot more if we could see the actual numbers to include Team infrastructure, etc)

Newman knows this, and so does every other driver out there. Cry if you want, but Top Level Racing is cutthroat business by design. Unlike many other sports -- you are required to go out and destroy the efforts and dreams of over 30 other Teams every Race.
Nothing aligns more with the truth than this.

Back
Top Bottom