NFL 2013

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
The Suck Bowl will be on the first weekend of the season.

522160_10151453297413863_514747861_n.jpg

Well they split last year, so you never know. I was at the season finale when the Titans beat the Jags, one of the very, very few highlights for us last season.

Hey, at least your favorite team's owner isn't likely to be in federal custody by the start of the season. Jimmy Haslem, the Browns' new owner isn't so fortunate. He is the CEO of Pilot Flying J gas station and truck stops. The FBI and the IRS just raided their offices the other day. They say this is part of a fraud investigation that has been going on for about 2 years now. They've, allegedly, been running a scam on their commercial fuel customers where they are supposed to be giving them a 5% rebate, but they've systematically been giving them between 3-4% instead. It doesn't sound like much, but I bet that really adds up with how much fuel they have to be selling to long distance trucking companies.

Haslem probably has enough money to avoid actually doing any jail time. I mean he's got a have more money than Lindsay Lohan, right? And she manages to avoid doing any real jail time no matter how much she screws up.

This really is a black eye on Haslem and his company and therefore on the team as well. This pales in comparison to a river catching on fire, but Cleveland doesn't need any more negative press. The river thing was like 40 years ago and people still bring that crap up.

Hey, at least your favorite team's owner isn't likely to be in federal custody by the start of the season. Jimmy Haslem, the Browns' new owner isn't so fortunate. He is the CEO of Pilot Flying J gas station and truck stops. The FBI and the IRS just raided their offices the other day. They say this is part of a fraud investigation that has been going on for about 2 years now. They've, allegedly, been running a scam on their commercial fuel customers where they are supposed to be giving them a 5% rebate, but they've systematically been giving them between 3-4% instead. It doesn't sound like much, but I bet that really adds up with how much fuel they have to be selling to long distance trucking companies.

Haslem probably has enough money to avoid actually doing any jail time. I mean he's got a have more money than Lindsay Lohan, right? And she manages to avoid doing any real jail time no matter how much she screws up.

This really is a black eye on Haslem and his company and therefore on the team as well. This pales in comparison to a river catching on fire, but Cleveland doesn't need any more negative press. The river thing was like 40 years ago and people still bring that crap up.

Jimmy Haslam is big here in east TN because he lives in Knoxville. The local news people seem reluctant to report about his legal issues.

I'd pay good money to see the owner of the Miami Dolphins in federal prison. Him and that god awful thing they call our logo now. Stephen Ross is a total waste and the worst thing to happen to the Dolphins since.....well ever.

I'd pay good money to see the owner of the Miami Dolphins in federal prison. Him and that god awful thing they call our logo now. Stephen Ross is a total waste and the worst thing to happen to the Dolphins since.....well ever.
Now the Miami Marlins owner should be convicted of some kind of fraud. He conned the local politicians into building him a huge brand-new stadium with the promise to spend money on the team. He got his stadium and in less than one season, he traded just about every good player they had to save payroll money. Perhaps they should have gotten it in writing that he would spend a certain percentage of the influx of cash he made from the stadium on the product on the field.

Jimmy Haslam is big here in east TN because he lives in Knoxville. The local news people seem reluctant to report about his legal issues.
That's probably a pretty good idea. It's not a good practice to get on the bad side of powerful people, especially people who employ people in your area.

^ Funny!

I'm looking forward to the draft. Not many prospects have distinguished themselves so it should be an interesting Thursday night.

Man Andy, the your team may suck but their new uniform is bad ass!!! Best in the NFL IMO.

uploadfromtaptalk1367025549931.jpg

Ours is so bad I couldn't bring myself to post it:mad:

The Jags are a f'ing joke and their draft selections are historically awful as usual. New management, new owner, new coach, same dumbass decisions.

But hey they'll look cool in those badass new uniforms when throwing interceptions and incomplete passes.

The Jags drafted an offensive lineman to protect the quarterback that can't throw the football to his own team in the first place.

I can't believe the Jags passed on Geno Smith. Smith isn't the greatest QB, but he is the best in this draft. But hey Tyler Wilson and Matt Barkley are still on the board.

I can't believe the Jags passed on Geno Smith. Smith isn't the greatest QB, but he is the best in this draft. But hey Tyler Wilson and Matt Barkley are still on the board.

They don't give a ****... team should be renamed the Jacksonville Honey Badgers because they don't give a **** if they lose every week.

Love the Browns draft so far.

How about Barkley? Screwed himself staying in school. Top 10 pick last year, would have made $12.1 million. Now he's guaranteed a $500k signing bonus. Smh. At least he has that piece of paper!

I see that Manti Te'o was finally drafted. I wonder if he believed them when he got the call? The whole once bitten thing ya know.....

?.. I was with the eagles until the matt Barkley pick I mean wtf of all the qbs you take him

Love the Browns draft so far.
I have to say I agree so far. I sat terrified that the rumors of them taking Geno Smith at #6 were true. I just sat there staring at Roger Goodell and saying "don't say Geno Smith, don't say Geno Smith" over and over again. I like Mingo. He should really help them play the attacking type defense they want to play. No QB can tear you up if he doesn't have the time to throw.

I kinda wanted them to take a chance on Tyrann Mathieu in the third round. He was still on the board when they drafted, but they went with the guy from San Diego State. I can't thnk of his name right now. He's only 5'9", but he's extremely fast and athletic and he hits like a truck. With all the talk they have been doing about character and drafting quality people I kind of figured they would pass on Mathieu. It's probably a good thing that they did. He's got talent, but his head just ain't right.

I have to say I agree so far. I sat terrified that the rumors of them taking Geno Smith at #6 were true. I just sat there staring at Roger Goodell and saying "don't say Geno Smith, don't say Geno Smith" over and over again. I like Mingo. He should really help them play the attacking type defense they want to play. No QB can tear you up if he doesn't have the time to throw.

I kinda wanted them to take a chance on Tyrann Mathieu in the third round. He was still on the board when they drafted, but they went with the guy from San Diego State. I can't thnk of his name right now. He's only 5'9", but he's extremely fast and athletic and he hits like a truck. With all the talk they have been doing about character and drafting quality people I kind of figured they would pass on Mathieu. It's probably a good thing that they did. He's got talent, but his head just ain't right.

Mathieu's coverage skills suck. I'm glad they didn't take him. Plus, I doubt he keeps his nose clean, although he did agree to weekly drug tests.

I like McFadden. If the QB doesn't have all day in the pocket, he should do pretty well and his size won't hurt him.

Currently keep trading down, ugh.

My boy DRob drafted to the....Jags. Sigh.

What if Jags have #1 pick next year? They will have a helluva decision to make. They'd almost have to take Bridgewater, but how do you pass up on Clowney???
The QB class for next year looks to be pretty deep. If that happens they should take the physical specimen (Clowney) and grab a solid QB at #33.

The QB class for next year looks to be pretty deep. If that happens they should take the physical specimen (Clowney) and grab a solid QB at #33.

I almost wish Cleveland would tank hard enough to get Clowney. I think he's going to be very good. I'll never forget that hit he put on Vincent Smith.

Lol...Jags Blackmon suspended 4 games for his 2nd substance abuse violation in a year.

Back
Top Bottom