NFL 2015

breatheoflife

Team Owner
I guess I'll get it started since the season's over now.... :D

Your 2015 NFL Super Bowl Champions will be...the Cleveland Browns! Sigh. I wish I could say that with a straight face.

My 2015 predictions...the Oakland Raiders will finish above .500, and the AFC North will go from being one of the divisions with the overall best records in 2014, to one of the worst in 2015. Everyone was praising them, but quite honestly, they had a pretty easy schedule. It won't be that way this year.

Who does Tampa Bay pick at number 1? I think Mariota is definitely the favorite there, with Tennessee picking up Winston at #2. I think Jacksonville takes Randy Gregory out of Nebraska at #3, and Oakland rolls with USC's Leonard Williams. I got La'el Collins from LSU going to the Redskins to finish out the top 5.

Hopefully 2015 will be a better year for my Ravens. My objectives for them this off-season are to
1. Must resign Torrey Smith, Forsett, McPhee, and Daniels
2. Sign Tucker long-term
3. Draft a cornerback or sign one.
4.Sign a safety to play along side Will Hill

The Browns will break training camp like always. a QB controversy...and maybe a new coach. it's time they got a new one..what's it been?? a year???

Hopefully the Titans can muster more than 2 wins in 2015. I'd consider a 6-10 season a success after this past year.

The Brown's postseason is really off to a great start.

The Titans hire former Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau as assistant head coach.

Josh Gordon any of Jeff Gordons' kin ??? :idunno:
I kinda doubt it.

1jgordon.jpg

The Jacksonville Jaguars have $65.5 million in salary cap space, and they say they intend to spend it. That's more room than any other team in the NFL, meaning they can sign whoever they want. Combine that with the third overall pick in the NFL Draft and the possibly return of Justin Blackmon. We might finally have a football team.

People may not like Manziel, but I hope he turn it around. He has potential, as does other young QBs', but I questioned his work ethic at first. He has the skills to be a nice passing QB that can scramble, but he has to and I mean HAS to put in more preparation and not be damn near drunk the day before a game. It's up to him to change his lifestyle, if he wants to really play long term and have an impact in the NFL. I think he could be the future of the Browns or be another mistake and a QB to mark off of their list. I remember when they drafted Courtney Brown, Tim Couch... Honestly, the only decent players they have drafted in the past decade in a half was Joe Hayden, Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow II, Jeff Faine, and thats about it in terms of long-term impact.

I feel for the fans and the franchise as whole.

People may not like Manziel, but I hope he turn it around. He has potential, as does other young QBs', but I questioned his work ethic at first. He has the skills to be a nice passing QB that can scramble, but he has to and I mean HAS to put in more preparation and not be damn near drunk the day before a game. It's up to him to change his lifestyle, if he wants to really play long term and have an impact in the NFL. I think he could be the future of the Browns or be another mistake and a QB to mark off of their list. I remember when they drafted Courtney Brown, Tim Couch... Honestly, the only decent players they have drafted in the past decade in a half was Joe Hayden, Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow II, Jeff Faine, and thats about it in terms of long-term impact.

I feel for the fans and the franchise as whole.

Edwards and Winslow? :oops: Edwards was a bum. Butterfingers. Winslow was a diva. Bust. I wouldn't call Couch a bust really. He was screwed. That offesive line was atrocious. Joe Montana himself would have been a bust with that line.

Haden is the only one worth mentioning. But, they've had a few good picks. Thomas and Mack are studs. T.J. Ward and Andra Davis, even though they aren't on the team, were solid Browns draft picks. Mingo shows flashes of becoming something. Bitonio, Cameron, and D'Qwell Jackson were good picks as well. Gilbert will turn out to be a good pick too, IMO. Richardson ended up being a good pick since we got a 1st round pick out of him when traded. Lol.

Edwards and Winslow? :oops: Edwards was a bum. Butterfingers. Winslow was a diva. Bust. I wouldn't call Couch a bust really. He was screwed. That offesive line was atrocious. Joe Montana himself would have been a bust with that line.

Haden is the only one worth mentioning. But, they've had a few good picks. Thomas and Mack are studs. T.J. Ward and Andra Davis, even though they aren't on the team, were solid Browns draft picks. Mingo shows flashes of becoming something. Bitonio, Cameron, and D'Qwell Jackson were good picks as well. Gilbert will turn out to be a good pick too, IMO. Richardson ended up being a good pick since we got a 1st round pick out of him when traded. Lol.

Edwards wasn't that bad and the constant flux of coaches and Qbs didn't help. Winslow played well for Tampa Bay and made a nice impact for about three years.

Couch did get screwed over and what year did they go 8-8 with a shot in the playoffs? 2002?

Edwards wasn't that bad and the constant flux of coaches and Qbs didn't help. Winslow played well for Tampa Bay and made a nice impact for about three years.

Couch did get screwed over and what year did they go 8-8 with a shot in the playoffs? 2002?
2002 they went 9-7 and did make the playoffs, but I believe Kelly Holcomb started at QB that year.

Edwards had one spectacular season for Cleveland. Mediocre the rest. He pretty much played with Derek Anderson his whole Cleveland career, so different QB's isn't really an excuse he can use.

2002 they went 9-7 and did make the playoffs, but I believe Kelly Holcomb started at QB that year.
Nah. It was Couch. Couch broke his leg in the season finale against Atlanta I believe it was. Holcomb finished that game and started in the playoff loss to Pitt.

Nah. It was Couch. Couch broke his leg in the season finale against Atlanta I believe it was. Holcomb finished that game and started in the playoff loss to Pitt.
Couch always got a lot of grief for being a bust but the guy that went two picks later in that draft, Akili Smith, was much worse. Granted, the Bengals were awful then, but Smith was absolutely terrible.

They need another injury prone player. May as well be him...they might get a few games out of him..

After the combine, it looks like the Bucs are sold on Winston. That gives my Titans a lot of cards to play. Do they take Mariota at 2? Do they make a team mortgage their future draft picks to move up to get him? Or do they just take another stud player like Leonard Williams or Amari Cooper? It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

After the combine, it looks like the Bucs are sold on Winston. That gives my Titans a lot of cards to play. Do they take Mariota at 2? Do they make a team mortgage their future draft picks to move up to get him? Or do they just take another stud player like Leonard Williams or Amari Cooper? It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
If I were them I'd trade away the first pick and then draft Bryce Petty in the late 1st/early 2nd round. He's my #1 QB in the draft and if the Titans are able to get him plus some additional picks, they will be very good in a few years.

If I were them I'd trade away the first pick and then draft Bryce Petty in the late 1st/early 2nd round. He's my #1 QB in the draft and if the Titans are able to get him plus some additional picks, they will be very good in a few years.
I kinda hope they trade it down for more picks, but I'd rather bring in a decent veteran backup QB instead of drafting another quarterback in the later rounds. That way if Mettenberger sucks, they could go with the backup and try again at QB in 2016.

Browns helmet stays pretty much the same, I just hope they don't Nike-fy the uniforms too much.

News is there is supposed to be a Ray Rice type video going to be released today or tomorrow of Dez Bryant????

I kinda hope they trade it down for more picks, but I'd rather bring in a decent veteran backup QB instead of drafting another quarterback in the later rounds. That way if Mettenberger sucks, they could go with the backup and try again at QB in 2016.
I thought about that too, but they could also use Mettenberger as a trade piece (maybe New England or Denver). So...trade #2 pick for maybe mid-1st (2015), 2nd (2015), 3rd (2015) and 1st (2016). Then trade Mettenberger to Denver or New England for a late 1st in 2015. Draft a QB and LB in the first round, CB in the 2nd, and DL in the 3rd. Then use the rest of their picks to draft best player available at any position. If they do that, this team will be STACKED.

I thought about that too, but they could also use Mettenberger as a trade piece (maybe New England or Denver). So...trade #2 pick for maybe mid-1st (2015), 2nd (2015), 3rd (2015) and 1st (2016). Then trade Mettenberger to Denver or New England for a late 1st in 2015. Draft a QB and LB in the first round, CB in the 2nd, and DL in the 3rd. Then use the rest of their picks to draft best player available at any position. If they do that, this team will be STACKED.
I'd like to see them shore up the running game as well. Greene and Sankey really didn't show much last year. I'd love for them to go after Demarco Murray, but I think we're gonna wind up with Ryan Matthews since Whisenhunt is trying to turn the Titans into San Diego East.

Back
Top Bottom