NFL 2024-2025

Dumpster fire
IMG_6947.jpg

Dumpster fire
IMG_6947.jpg

They really should have hired Belichick and brought some proven leadership to the organization 🤦‍♂️

And I won't say that Penix isn't talented, but taking a guy with his injury history that high as your future franchise QB is certainly iffy...

They really should have hired Belichick and brought some proven leadership to the organization 🤦‍♂️

And I won't say that Penix isn't talented, but taking a guy with his injury history that high as your future franchise QB is certainly iffy...
I understand the reasoning for the pick.

Kirk Cousins is 35, and Penix will probably sit behind him for a couple years.

Still weird. Especially to not inform Cousins.

Does Cousins have a no trade clause?

I usually dont keep up with those inner workings but I wonder if they are setting themselves for a mid season powertrade after settling on one their two QBs to keep and the other to market.

Otherwise it has to be one of the most senseless draft picks ever.

Does Cousins have a no trade clause?

I usually dont keep up with those inner workings but I wonder if they are setting themselves for a mid season powertrade after settling on one their two QBs to keep and the other to market.

Otherwise it has to be one of the most senseless draft picks ever.
He does. And with the way his contract is structured he’s a Falcon for at least two, probably three years. He’ll be 36 when the season starts, and with the surrounding offensive talent and a weak division, the team should be in win-now mode. Should’ve gone defense with someone like Dallas Turner. Just makes no sense to burn major resources that aren’t going to be used for several years in a position like that.

Basically, you can justify Kirk’s contract or Penix’s draft selection, but not both.

I can understand taking a young QB to sit and learn while Cousins is there, but taking Penix that high when he's had 4 season ending injuries during his college career just seems like a major roll of the dice. Especially when they've paid Kirk so much...

Back
Top Bottom