NFL Hall of Fame

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
Why is it that the voters refuse to put Ray Guy into the HOF? This man stands above all other punters such that there is even an award named for him.

I've wondered the same about other players.....Kenny "Snake" Stabler, Lee Roy Jordon, and a few more.

Of course, I'm a little bias about Snake and Lee Roy because they played at 'Bama, but there are players in the HOF that have done less, and thier off the field actions should have been taken into consideration before being elected.

it's pretty tough to get into the football hof. there aren't any punters enshrined in it and considering the competition i agree with the voters. i'd vote for stabler and lee roy jordon before i would guy. while important, punting alone simply doesn't compare to people that are every down players. i have a feeling stabler's outlaw persona may be holding him back from the hof. then again, jim plunkett isn't in the hof either. maybe some voters have a problem voting for oakland raiders/al davis players.

It's kind of a weird situation. On one hand, punters don't usually have a whole lot to do with the game as they are not on the field very often. On the other hand, football is so much of a game of field position and Ray Guy absolutely dominated that aspect of the game when he played. It is hard to say that anybody was ever so much better at their position than everybody else was like Ray Guy.

I think he should be in, but I see the logic in the other sides arguments.

No question in my mind that players like Lee Roy Jordan should be in before a punter like Ray Guy, no comparison IMO.

Back
Top Bottom