NFL & Na$car

S

SST55

Two peas in a pod? Money grubbers? It appears from what I've heard there's a small company in Louisiana making "Who Dat" T's, hats etc. NFL now say's "Who Dat" belongs to them, they want a cut and licensing fees, shades of Na$car....

I gotta agree with you on this one. Of course NASCAR and the NFL aren't the only ones. Many of the big companies have sued smaller companies for one reason or another. Someone somewhere wants to cash in on just about everything and the bigger you are, but better chance you have of getting in on it. Remember "Let's Roll!"? And IIRC, a few years back a young girl invented a game and called it "Nothing But Net" before any other game had the name. Later, she was given a cease and desist order from some large corporation because they trademarked the words. But back to NASCAR...even I got a cease and desist letter from them when I was the editor of a small newsletter named "NASCAR Gang Rag". We had a circulation of 30+ I guess we were giving them plenty of competition. :rolleyes:

This is nothing new. Disney was one of the pioneers of C&D orders. Got to protect Mickey's image after all.

:rolleyes:

I gotta agree with you on this one. Of course NASCAR and the NFL aren't the only ones. Many of the big companies have sued smaller companies for one reason or another. Someone somewhere wants to cash in on just about everything and the bigger you are, but better chance you have of getting in on it. Remember "Let's Roll!"? And IIRC, a few years back a young girl invented a game and called it "Nothing But Net" before any other game had the name. Later, she was given a cease and desist order from some large corporation because they trademarked the words. But back to NASCAR...even I got a cease and desist letter from them when I was the editor of a small newsletter named "NASCAR Gang Rag". We had a circulation of 30+ I guess we were giving them plenty of competition. :rolleyes:
You know, that PO's me. It makes me want to boycott the large companies that do something like that. Not that they give a chit about my meager spenditures.

I heard yesterday that the NFL agreed to allow use of the "who dat" term unless it is accompanied by the Saints name or emblem.

Back
Top Bottom