NFL predictions

F

foehammer111

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/09/01/main/index.html?eref=sihpT1

SI's Peter King posted his predictions for this season. I'm just a casual football fan, but I thought his predictions were....interesting. :confused:

Basically, he picked the Pats (13-3) and the Bears (11-5) to go all the way, with the Pats winning the Super Bowl. Not only that, but the Bears will eliminate the Vikings in the Division Playoffs, and the Packers in the NFC Championship. He predicts the NFC North will be close this year with Vikings and Packers going 10-6. :XXROFL:

As a Bears fan, I'd like nothing better than to see them wipe the floor with two bitter rivals in the playoffs, but I don't think they'll do that well. I think they'll win NFC North just because the other teams are traditionaly so weak. But going all the way to the Super Bowl? I think that's a strech. They certainly could do it, but they need both sides of the ball to play well, which hasn't happened much in living memory.

Besides, when was the last time SI was right about anything? :rolleyes:

Who would have predicted that both of Jerry Richardson's sons would resign from the Panthers.

Must be trouble on the home front.

foe, easy on the Bears. That's my team and has been for many years...even before they gave up the Honey Bears...who I've seen on many occasions. From what I've heard, the experts seem to be divided between the Bears, Packers and the Vikes. With Favre now with the Vikes, some have given them the edge, but there are a few that think the Packers will be on top. I think most however are giving the Bears the edge, but its too close to call. I don't recall anyone talking about the Bears reaching the Super Bowl a few years ago, yet that's what happened with a sorry QB in Grossman. BTY, where is Rex today? I always get a kick out of the "experts" who try to predict what will happen during the season. Believe it or not, there was at least one person last year who predicted that the Detroit Lions would reach the playoffs. And everyone knows that last year SI and others put the Georgia Bulldogs on top before the season began. But back to the NFL, it happens every year that those "experts" pick those same teams to win it all and it's the teams that have been dominant over the last few years. Patriots, Patriots, Patriots, or Steelers, Steelers, Steelers. Besides those two teams, the experts will also pick Philly, NYG, Indy and the Titans.

It is nice however to hear someone name teams that haven't been mentioned in a while. I heard today a prediction that it will be San Diego vs. Green Bay for the Super Bowl. Not a mention of New England, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, New York, Philladelphia, or Tennessee.

Pittsburgh or New England winning the Super Bowl, like usual. :rolleyes:

I predict my Jags will suck, like always. I just hope the Dolphins don't return to mediocrity this year.

foe, easy on the Bears.

I'm not picking on the Bears. I'm just saying that they need a lot of luck, and a lot of things to go their way to get to the big game.

I can always count on my other team, the Raiders, to always suck. At least they're consistant. :D

I see the following teams winning their divisions

Patriots, Chargers, Steelers and Colts

Eagles, Cardinals, Vikings and Saints

I see the Patriots beating the Eagles in the Super Bowl

Not too many surprises, although I do disagree with Peter King on several fronts. I just don't see Bears being that good this year. I also think the Saints are going to be much better this year. Their offense is just really good and their defense should be improved. He also sees the Cardinals not winning their division, but I think their success last year will be great for their confidence. Their defense really stepped up in the playoffs and learned a lot about themselves and the addition of Chris "Beanie" Wells could prove to be an excellent compliment to the aerial attack of Fitzgerald and company, if Hightower struggles early. I really don't like the Eagles much personally, but they are a team that I see doing really well this year. Donovan will choke in the Super Bowl again, if they make it that far, but they are good enough to win the NFC. I also don't see the Browns going 2-14 like King does. I'm not delusional enough to see them as a playoff team, but they can win 4-7 games.

I love it this time of the year when all the experts, and amateurs as well, make predictions based on what happened last year. But then again, they missed it last year as well. The mighty Pats were going to go all the way last year not losing a game including the Super Bowl. Guess what, they didn't make the playoffs. Miami just might win a game or two, but not much better than they were the year before. Guess what, they won their division. And so on and so forth. I love it when I see someone predict a winner that wasn't even a thought last year.

Predict any of the following teams you think WILL make the playoffs. This just might be a bit harder than you think.

Detroit
Oakland
Kansas City
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Washington
Buffalo
St. Louis

Out of those eight bottom feeders, at least one will make the playoffs.

I love it this time of the year when all the experts, and amateurs as well, make predictions based on what happened last year. But then again, they missed it last year as well. The mighty Pats were going to go all the way last year not losing a game including the Super Bowl. Guess what, they didn't make the playoffs. Miami just might win a game or two, but not much better than they were the year before. Guess what, they won their division. And so on and so forth. I love it when I see someone predict a winner that wasn't even a thought last year.

Predict any of the following teams you think WILL make the playoffs. This just might be a bit harder than you think.

Detroit
Oakland
Kansas City
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Washington
Buffalo
St. Louis

As far as the Patriots last year, you can't predict injuries to your starting quarterback in the first game. If that happened to any number of teams, the Colts in particular, their season would be shot.

As for the 8 teams you listed...

Detroit could win 10 mare games than they did last year and still not make the playoffs. I don't think they will win more than 3-4 games though. I saw them in the preseason and they looked even worse than last year, if that is even possible.

I think Wshington will the the best of these eight teams but will still not make the playoffs because they play in a brutal division.

Buffalo is the only one of these teams that I could see sneaking into the playoffs. They won their first 5 games last year and they have T.O. in his first year at a new place. He always plays very well the first year he gets somewhere. It's only after that that he reverts into a diva/locker room poison/"hey what about me?" wide receiver.

Detroit
Oakland
Kansas City
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Washington
Buffalo
St. Louis

None

The Patriots won 11 games last year with a quaterback no one even heard of. If Brady hadn't gone down in the first week they would of been in the Superbowl and most likely won. I see them going this year if injuries don't take out some key players, their running game is much stronger with Fred Taylor and Maroney as a tandem. This can only help the passing game and open it up even more for Brady. Pats and Arizona in the big game. Detroit will be lucky to win 2 games, Steelers will win their division but go no where in playoffs. Vikings will struggle with Favre and Chicago will win the division.

Back
Top Bottom