NHL 2017-2018

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Go Pens!

Time to get the other 3 NHL fans on here together for the beginning of the season. St. Louis / Pittsburgh tomorrow night @ 8pm NBCSN. Oh, and I guess the rest are going to be playing too.

Go Pens!

Hopefully the Flyers turn it back around this year. If Giroux, Vorachek, and Ghost play up to their potential hopefully we can be back in the playoffs.

I’d love to see a Flyers/Penguins matchup.
Always a fun series, excited to see how Nolan Patrick works out for us we lucked into that 2nd draft pick but he seems promising.

Awesome to see the Golden Knights get their first victory. James Neal with 2 goals and Fleury with 45 saves. Couple former Penguins helping the team to their first win in the NHL.

Flyers off to a 1-1 start beat the Sharks 5-3 behind a Wayne Simmonds hat trick but went out and got shut out 2-0.by the kings the next night.

Awesome to see the Golden Knights get their first victory. James Neal with 2 goals and Fleury with 45 saves. Couple former Penguins helping the team to their first win in the NHL.
I got to assume we get a 32nd franchise soon, 31 is such an odd number.

So far, I've only gotten to watch one period this season. St Louis vs Dallas is on Fox Sports Midwest tonight. Unfortunately, the NHL and Sling both suck when it comes to blackouts and the game will probably be blacked out. It's quite annoying. Why even make the channel available if the games are just going to be blacked out? I've always heard that the NHL was the worst when it came to blackouts. It's weird, because according to NHL's website, the Colorado Avalanche is supposed to be the only team blacked out.

Flyers have looked good so far Giroux and Ghost both looking better then last year

What do ya think of the changes the roster underwent?

Very happy with pretty much all the moves made over the past couple years. Hartnell was my favorite player, but he had clearly lost a step and it was time for him to go, sadly. I absolutely LOVE the Saad/Panarin trade. This team is in great shape for the forseeable future. Now if they can just learn how to beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs.....

Very happy with pretty much all the moves made over the past couple years. Hartnell was my favorite player, but he had clearly lost a step and it was time for him to go, sadly. I absolutely LOVE the Saad/Panarin trade. This team is in great shape for the forseeable future. Now if they can just learn how to beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs.....
They're currently showing what they're made of on national TV, playing some good hockey.

Another good game from Detroit. Only lost by 9 goals. Dropping like a rock, though we never really were high up there.

Jesus are the Flyers a dumpster fire so far 10 straight losses can't imagine Hakstol stays behind the bench much longer

When do the playoffs start? I just can't get into the regular season.However, when the playoffs start I jump on the Shark's bandwagon like a hobo on a hotdog.:D

When do the playoffs start? I just can't get into the regular season.However, when the playoffs start I jump on the Shark's bandwagon like a hobo on a hotdog.:D

I can see that. I'm the same way with The Royals when it comes to baseball. I think it has to do with the fact that there are so many games that it's hard to really think that a single game matters, thus not making it a exciting.

My team wins back to back championships and will possibly not make hockey's post season this year..... :eek:

All these games matter. I wish someone would tell the Penguins that. This season has been tough as a hockey fan.

Not many NHL fans on these boards but I found this kinda interesting. I thought about taking my wife down to the Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Vegas Golden Knights tonight. Then I thought again. And people complain about NASCAR ticket prices. :rolleyes:

Untitled.jpg

Not many NHL fans on these boards but I found this kinda interesting. I thought about taking my wife down to the Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Vegas Golden Knights tonight. Then I thought again. And people complain about NASCAR ticket prices. :rolleyes:

View attachment 32894

Funny you mention that. I just bought tickets to the Blue Jackets vs Caps tonight in Columbus. $12 a ticket on stubhub. Cheapest Blue Jackets tix I've found in years

Yep, tickets have been quite expensive for as long as I've been a fan. I've never been to a game and the prices are part of the reason why.

Side note...after watching several Red Wings games through the NHL app...I have decided that I'll start watching the other teams broadcast rather than Detroits. One of the broadcasters for the Red Wings is by far one of the most biased sportscasters I've ever seen. He literally feels like every call should go Detroits way, even if it's obvious that it shouldn't. He's is much worse than any of the NASCAR broadcasting teams. Then if Detroit does something simple like miss a pass, he acts like we are the worst team ever.

Yep, tickets have been quite expensive for as long as I've been a fan. I've never been to a game and the prices are part of the reason why.

Side note...after watching several Red Wings games through the NHL app...I have decided that I'll start watching the other teams broadcast rather than Detroits. One of the broadcasters for the Red Wings is by far one of the most biased sportscasters I've ever seen. He literally feels like every call should go Detroits way, even if it's obvious that it shouldn't. He's is much worse than any of the NASCAR broadcasting teams.

That's what hometown announcers do, listen to a Phillies broadcast sometime and you will hear Larry Anderson go off on umps all game

That's what hometown announcers do, listen to a Phillies broadcast sometime and you will hear Larry Anderson go off on umps all game

Maybe it's in their contracts to be super biased. I guess being fair and accepting that your teams wrong just isn't a thing.

It still doesnt appear that Detroit will be making the playoffs, Edmonton either. I guess I'll be rooting for Nashville and Vegas. Still two months left, but Detroit just aint playing well enough to do what they need to.

I don't live in a city with a home team but years back a couple of guys took me to IHL games because they liked fighting. I didn't care about that but part was way impressed with the skating and shooting and how good the goalies could move about. Anyway the IHL folded up and I started watching some NHL games on TV and with big screens and hi def it was way easier to follow then on an old smaller set. As time went on I picked up on the rules and started liking it. I don't have a favorite team but I like players like Ovie, Sid, Austen Matthews, Connor McDavid and goalies MAF and Quick. Im kinda rooting for Vegas because of MAF and because they are doing awesome for a team of players no one wanted. Gotta love that.

Winnipeg Jets, first place in the always tough central division. Go Jets go!

Winnipeg Jets, first place in the always tough central division. Go Jets go!

I have only seen the Jets play a couple of times but the team looked like it had good balance and the goalie (not gonna try to spell his name) was real good. I have seen the Flames play a fair amount and they go from looking from champs to chumps and back and forth a lot. Ottawa, Montreal and Edmonton stink and I have seen Vancouver play once. Toronto is on a lot and they go through wierd spells like scoring a bunch of goals and letting in a bunch and then not hardly scoring but not getting scored on.

I have only seen the Jets play a couple of times but the team looked like it had good balance and the goalie (not gonna try to spell his name) was real good. I have seen the Flames play a fair amount and they go from looking from champs to chumps and back and forth a lot. Ottawa, Montreal and Edmonton stink and I have seen Vancouver play once. Toronto is on a lot and they go through wierd spells like scoring a bunch of goals and letting in a bunch and then not hardly scoring but not getting scored on.
Yeah our goalie Hellebuyck is playing great. He's going to have to keep it up, just heard our backup is out with a concussion, that makes two of our backup goalies out with concussions, new backup Comrie only played a couple NHL games, may be good in a few years but is young and needs more experience.

Yeah our goalie Hellebuyck is playing great. He's going to have to keep it up, just heard our backup is out with a concussion, that makes two of our backup goalies out with concussions, new backup Comrie only played a couple NHL games, may be good in a few years but is young and needs more experience.

I saw where Hutchinson played a game recently so I figured Mason must have got hurt.

Amazing game!! With 7 minutes left, Detroit was up 5-2. Detroit gets a 5 minute major and New York scores 4 goals on that power play to take a 1 goal lead. Then Detroit scores with 29 seconds left to tie the game. Whether we win or lose, I'm just glad we were at least able to get a point out of this thing.

I watched Calgary and the NYR tonight and it was a good game with the Rangers coming back from a 3-2 deficit and winning 4-3.

Back
Top Bottom