NHL Cancels First Two Weeks of 2012-2013 Season

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
They should shut down all operations now. It took them ten years just to recover from the last lockout and they're going to do it again. The sport can't survive this.

And NBC Sports Network might as well sign a massive deal to air Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt racing because they just lost the only thing anybody ever watches on their network.

I'll be there when it comes back. Behind NASCAR & the NFL, the NHL is my next sport of choice. I've had a great team to root for here in the Pittsburgh market. The NHL will be missed by my household.

I'll be there when it comes back. Behind NASCAR & the NFL, the NHL is my next sport of choice. I've had a great team to root for here in the Pittsburgh market. The NHL will be missed by my household.

I love Penguins hockey!!! My only outside Miami. Don't know how I came to like them but like all my trams been a fan since I was little. I agree with Andy. I don't see them bouncing back any time soon if they don't get at least a shortened season in.

I love Penguins hockey!!!
Is there any other kind? :D

Pittsburgh is a great sports city. The fans really support their teams. Heck, we just finished our 20th consecutive loosing MLB season and they were still pulling in the fans. No basketball here other than the Pitt Panthers but they pull in the fans too.

They should shut down all operations now. It took them ten years just to recover from the last lockout and they're going to do it again. The sport can't survive this.

I'm going to disagree with this. The sport can and will survive, that's part of the reason we are where we are. The players wanted to continue playing while they negotiated, but the owners locked them out for leverage, because they can. Even if another whole season is lost, people will come back. The NHL will still be the top of the Hockey world in North America, and the owners know that.

It's ironic though. When they came out of the last lockout, they painted "thank you fans" on every blue line, and the fans came back, and the league rebounded and pulled in record revenue. Yet here we are, still doing the same thing all over again. Sure is an interesting way of saying thanks.

I'm going to disagree with this. The sport can and will survive, that's part of the reason we are where we are. The players wanted to continue playing while they negotiated, but the owners locked them out for leverage, because they can. Even if another whole season is lost, people will come back. The NHL will still be the top of the Hockey world in North America, and the owners know that.

It's ironic though. When they came out of the last lockout, they painted "thank you fans" on every blue line, and the fans came back, and the league rebounded and pulled in record revenue. Yet here we are, still doing the same thing all over again. Sure is an interesting way of saying thanks.

The die-hard NHL fans (which is a very very small number -- MAYBE 750,000 fans) will be back. But the casual sports fans won't. It took them close to ten years to recover. This is a huge slap in the face. I just hate the way the owners in these sports act. People don't watch because of the team owners, they watch because of the players. These sports have become too political. And to think, people want NASCAR to be franchised like NHL and NBA.

I love Penguins hockey!!! My only outside Miami. Don't know how I came to like them but like all my trams been a fan since I was little. I agree with Andy. I don't see them bouncing back any time soon if they don't get at least a shortened season in.
My answer to that
042212-claude-giroux-400.jpg

anyway, I hope they get their act together I need my Flyers

Haha knowing Sid the Kid he probably didn't even get hit in that picture. I'm sorry you picked the team from the wrong side of PA:D
Thirty seven. It's been thirty seven years since Philadelphia got to even drink from the Cup. Were you even around then to see it? If not, you're probably still watching those highlights that 1975 season that were recorded on Kodak Super 8 system. :D

Thirty seven. It's been thirty seven years since Philadelphia got to even drink from the Cup. Were you even around then to see it? If not, you're probably still watching those highlights that 1975 season that were recorded on Kodak Super 8 system. :D
I root for Philly teams we're used to not winning titles, but the Flyers have been the most consistent team we have at least making the playoffs a lot.

And the last time they held up a Vince Lombardi Trophy was aro.......... oh, that's right, that never happened.

Pittsburgh is a great sports city. The fans really support their teams. .

That is not true in every case. The Penguins had awful, awful, awful crowds before they drafted Crosby. There was even talks about moving the team before Mario saved the team. Everyone jumped back on the bandwagon once they drafted Crosby.

And NBC Sports Network might as well sign a massive deal to air Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt racing because they just lost the only thing anybody ever watches on their network.

The NHL will be fine, all of the major cities will recover just fine. It's the smaller market/not typical NHL cities that are going to have the hardest time recovering. Teams like Phoenix, Columbus, Florida, etc. Those are the teams that are going to struggle to bring fans back if we miss a full season.

I don't think the NHL is dumb enough to miss an entire season again, I expect the season to start before the Winter Classic.

I'm a big Devils fan and a full season ticket holder but if we miss an entire season I might end up dropping my season tickets. If we end up missing 2 Stanley Cups in 9 seasons due to this nonsense it's completely unacceptable.

Just remember kkfan, the Capitals have had just as many chugs from Lord Stanley's Cup in my lifetime as the Flyers have had. :D
To take from your thing. Lets count how many Cups the Caps have...oh right thats a 0

BREAKING NEWS: The National Hockey League has announced that all Philadelphia Flyers games will air on The History Channel due to their fans always talking about the past.

Win a Super Bowl
jet.gif

BTW, what time does the Philadelphia Phillies MLB Postseason game come on tomorrow? :D
We decided to make it fair and let some other teams take their turn this year. By the way I have the O's losing to Cincinnati in the World Series.

We decided to make it fair and let some other teams take their turn this year. By the way I have the O's losing to Cincinnati in the World Series.

I'd like to see an Orioles/Nationals World Series -- O's winning it all. But that would be a true sign that the world's ending in 2012 :eek:

I'd like to see an Orioles/Nationals World Series -- O's winning it all. But that would be a true sign that the world's ending in 2012 :eek:
I have the series going:
Nationals over Cardinals
Reds over Giants
A's over Tigers
Orioles over Yankees

then Reds over Nats and O's over A's

I just can't believe the O's are in postseason. I can count, on one hand, how many times my teams in MLB and NFL have gone to the playoffs this century.

I have the series going:
Nationals over Cardinals
Reds over Giants
A's over Tigers
Orioles over Yankees

then Reds over Nats and O's over A's

If the Orioles beat the Yankees, I'll set a world record for "most trash talk spoketh in one night". I will ****** break Twitter AND Facebook.

If the Orioles beat the Yankees, I'll set a world record for "most trash talk spoken in one night".
I hate the Yankees so I can never pick them to win, plus I think the Orioles will keep it going they have good momentum. A's beat Tigers because I just don't think they are that good. Nats and Reds are just better.

I hate the Yankees so I can never pick them to win, plus I think the Orioles will keep it going they have good momentum. A's beat Tigers because I just don't think they are that good. Nats and Reds are just better.

Every patriotic American hates the Yankees. The only people who like the Yankees are communists.

We'll see how Sunday goes.
So far our defense has blown chunks. I hear that we are back in full force tomorrow. Looks like you're coming to our house. But I digress. This is about hockey. I don't really care if they only get half the season in. I just want to see them on the ice.

Back
Top Bottom