NHRA Atlanta 2014

KevinWI

Oldest Operating Motor Speedway In The World
Eliminations suspended until Monday. Hearing after rain earlier the drag strip is absolutely "green" with no traction. The crew chiefs are trying to reduce horsepower (!) because everybody has been going up in smoke.

Bob Bode is in this one, maybe nitro dude can give us some inside info later. Sounds like conditions are pretty narly.

You know of a tv reschedule? Gonna be live on ESPN?

Not live. Tape delayed on ESPN2 tomorrow from 8pm to 11pm EST.

There were 8 hours of rain delays, and when they finally got started at 7:30pm they tried 5 eliminator runs before it was obvious everybody was getting zero (I mean zero) traction.

I was at Erica's first Pro Stock win! Route 66 Dragway in Joliet.

What a bizzare weekend this one was. I'm so tired that i'm not leaving to head back until tomorrow. We finally finished the race today. We were sitting in the staging lanes last night around 8:00pm waiting to run Robert Hight, but as soon as they got the track dry from the rain then the dew fell and made the track to dangerous to race on. We sat out Q-4 because we had just put a brand new block and crank in for Q-3, it was on a really good pass and then the oil pump broke and it lost oil pressure and spit a rod out. But, our weekend wasn't quit as bad as some of the other teams. Tim Wilkerson, broke a camshaft and had a major explosion, and Don Schumacher had two funny car explosions and then lost a dragster in a major crash from an engine explosion. I think he took an extra half a million dollar hit to his wallet this weekend. Here is a link to some you tube videos.

Last edited:
Damn, that Antron wreck was wicked. Engine debris took out the right tire and turned him into the fence. Nice to see him climb out.

Back
Top Bottom