NHRA Brainerd 2014

KevinWI

Oldest Operating Motor Speedway In The World
Home and sunburnt from the Milwaukee Mile. Time for some tape delayed drag racing in 10 minutes?

I hope this Little League game doesn't go on too long.

Top qualifiers were Antron Brown, John Force and Allen Johnson in TF, FC and PS respectively.

IMO, chanting "overrated" at a Little League game is kind of crappy. Where are these fans from? The kid is 12.

"NHRA Nationals will be shown in their entirety following the LLWS"

Thank you ESPN.

Lmao you're about to have a race day conniption or what?

I like how ESPN TOTALLY avoided the topic of the unsafe track.

In T/D, first pair was a shut-off-and-coast, second pair both cars crashed (one was removed by jaws of life and lifeflighted from the track), the bye just took the beams and shut off.

Nitro guys were wiping the windscreens dry…..

I kind of disagree with the NHRA just moving the final rounds to another track. That's not really cool.

I kind of disagree with the NHRA just moving the final rounds to another track. That's not really cool.
Kevin, I was standing on the Starting line when they ran the t/f final and it started misting as soon as the the cars crossed the finish line and it misted all night, and then had a hard downpour at about 5:30 am this morning. A lot of the sportsman teams are on their way to a divisional race next weekend, and most of the nitro teams are headed to Indy for a test session starting Wed. We, are not testing so i'm leaving within the next hour and going to the Kalahari water park resort in Wisconsin to hang out for a few days before i head on to Indy. With all that said...the teams that were still alive would have stayed if Nhra would have ran today.

Last edited:
Kevin, I was standing on the Starting line when they ran the t/f final and it started misting as soon as the the cars crossed the finish line and it misted all night, and then had a hard downpour at about 5:30 am this morning. A lot of the sportsman teams are on their way to a divisional race next weekend, and most of the nitro teams are headed to Indy for a test session starting Wed. We, are not testing so i'm leaving within the next hour and going to the Kalahari water park resort in Wisconsin to hang out for a few days before i head on to Indy. With all that said...the teams that were still alive would have stayed if Nhra would have ran today.
I get that you guys have places to be and other commitments, but just purely from a fan perspective it would be unsatisfying.

Hearing Don Kritzky (left lane) has a broken pelvis.

"The Photo King" has spoken. Watch the guy's helmet as he hits the wall. Helmet hits the forward hoop then the top hoop… @Nitro Dude this class is HANS required…HANS should not allow this…i'm guessing loose belts.
http://markjrebilas.com/blog/?p=20633
I was just now bringing you the link to these pics. That was scary. Are the top dragsters not required to have roll cage padding around the halo bars?

Last edited:
I was just now bringing you the link to these pics. That was scary. Are the top dragsters not required to have roll cage padding around the halo bars?
NHRA's rule is the 32.1 (or whatever) SFI padding required anywhere the helmet may contact. The helmet isn't supposed to be able to contact the forward hoop…typically the #2 and #3 hoops have the padding.

Back
Top Bottom