NHRA on ESPN Live

The NHRA has needed this for a long time. Watching the drama unfold live, fans not knowing the results before seeing it on TV, ESPN interacting with the fans, watching the teams thrash with the reduced turnaround time. This is awesome!

The NHRA has needed this for a long time. Watching the drama unfold live, fans not knowing the results before seeing it on TV, ESPN interacting with the fans, watching the teams thrash with the reduced turnaround time. This is awesome!
A hell of alot better than commercials every 5 mins. like last night.

Yeah. I thought this was going to be a disaster honestly with there being an hour of downtime and that viewers might not enjoy it but ESPN is doing a hell of a job covering the turnaround.
They usually do this type of coverage once or twice a year don't they?

That always sucks... just buy a $500 Subaru like I did a few weeks ago. LOL.
Nothing around here for $500 is worth a crap.Friend of mine is going to let me pay out a Honda.Just have to wait till the weekend to get the money to start that.:D

Nothing around here for $500 is worth a crap.Friend of mine is going to let me pay out a Honda.Just have to wait till the weekend to get the money to start that.:D

I was expecting to pay $2,000 or more again. Found a Subaru for $500 - it's got some issues here and there but it runs and don't use much gas at all. Not bad for a $500 car.

I was expecting to pay $2,000 or more again. Found a Subaru for $500 - it's got some issues here and there but it runs and don't use much gas at all. Not bad for a $500 car.
Ever since cash for clunkers car prices here have been crazy.

could have been worse I guess, I could have started talking about baseball like you two did during the nationwide thread.

so be it gentlemen
z208617721.jpg

Man! I'm glad that we cut our schedule back a little bit this year. It sure was a lot more fun watching everyone sweating their butts off in that Houston humidity from my recliner chair, then it was last year when I was in the middle of it. But all the crews did an awesome job turning the cars around in such a short amount of time today. All you had to do was take a good look at Travis when he was waiting for Wilkerson to do his burnout in the final, to see how hard it was on even the young guys today.

Man! I'm glad that we cut our schedule back a little bit this year. It sure was a lot more fun watching everyone sweating their butts off in that Houston humidity from my recliner chair, then it was last year when I was in the middle of it. But all the crews did an awesome job turning the cars around in such a short amount of time today. All you had to do was take a good look at Travis when he was waiting for Wilkerson to do his burnout in the final, to see how hard it was on even the young guys today.
He was a complete mess.

NHRA &%$#ed the sportsman's over, but no surprise there. Even Robert Grice got stuck in the mud.

He was a complete mess.

NHRA &%$#ed the sportsman's over, but no surprise there. Even Robert Grice got stuck in the mud.
I talked to a few guys on the phone and they said the rain came down hard. I remember a few years ago it was raining so hard that I could hardly see the road when I was driving the hauler to the hotel after the race ended on Sun. What did Nhra do this time to screw the sportsman?

I talked to a few guys on the phone and they said the rain came down hard. I remember a few years ago it was raining so hard that I could hardly see the road when I was driving the hauler to the hotel after the race ended on Sun. What did Nhra do this time to screw the sportsman?
After comp eliminator round 1, they said "No sportsman this weekend. If you guys can't get to the lanes, we're gonna give you your money back and this event never happened."

So no show-up points, no running monday, no running at the next divisional...nada.

Back
Top Bottom