Nice way of letting teams and drivers express themselves NASCAR

D

Digger

NASCAR announced Wednesday that Chad Walter, crew chief for the No. 5 Chevrolet driven by Landon Cassill, has been fined due to a rule violation during the Nationwide Series race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on June 28.

Walter was fined $10,000 and remains on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31 due to violating Section 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing: use of improper language by the crew chief during a televised interview of the race) of the 2008 Nationwide Series rule book. Walter originally was placed on probation in February, because of rule violations at the season-opening event, at Daytona International Speedway.

Additionally, Rick Hendrick, owner of the No. 5, was penalized with the loss of 25 Nationwide Series car owner points while Cassill was docked 25 Nationwide Series driver points.

I can agree with the fine, because the race was on ABC. But 25 points? C'mon, give me a break man. :rolleyes:

Did NASCAR completely forget what they said earlier this year about drivers and teams should show more emotion. Well, Chad showed emotion. :D

That's what NASCAR wanted, isn't it? :confused:

Hey, at least I still know NASCAR's around man. The good ole' double standard and pencil rulebooks, yep, that's the NASCAR I'm used to. :D

"S--- happens"

But, NASCAR is consistent --- that same word cost Junior 25 points.

But that would have been the old dastardly Nascar. Not the new enlightened Nascar that was going to allow the teams more expression.

And, FTR, good he should have a better vocabulary than having to resort to those words.

"S--- happens"

But, NASCAR is consistent --- that same word cost Junior 25 points.
:bsflag:

Remind me how many points Stewart had taken away from him?

Oh yeah, the three bolded words, "NASCAR is consistent," that's the funniest thing I've read on here in a minute! :XXROFL:

I agree, but, well...frankly it does. Ya know what would be going on right now if Dale was still alive and running... he would tell those "rule bookers" to kiss his white redneck @$$ and not stutter while doing it. Ya never heard anyone complain when he was around.... I dont know, new sport, times, and cars..... but the chit remains. Which is why I dont watch or follow anymore....

Ya know what would be going on right now if Dale was still alive and running... he would tell those "rule bookers" to kiss his white redneck @$$ and not stutter while doing it.
:XXROFL:

I laugh because it's true.:D

I'm pretty sure Smoke, Shrub, Montoya and Robby would say the same. Except Montoya would tell them to kiss his Columbian beaner azz. :lol2:

Additionally, Rick Hendrick, owner of the No. 5,

I thought the #5 was under the JR motorsports banner

Back
Top Bottom