No longer a minor as of today!!

H

HardScrabble

Guess who turned 21 years old today.

It's not a person, but was first seen on August 1, 1981. Most, but not all, of the folks who know it best are younger than it is.

Right Lap3!:D

MTV made its broadcast debut on this date back in 1981. At that time the number of cable systems actually carrying it was small.

It's come a long way!

i watch a lot of real world/ road rules and i didnt even know its birthday was today

Ya Scrabble,What went from good to $hit in the last 4 yrs?Same answer.:)

That is not a good thing. I remember when it started clear as day. And I don't remember a lot about the eighties, too many blackouts I guess.

Think I've watched exactly 2 programs on MTV ---
Cribs, when they were doing Junior's house -- and
the hour long one about him at the race track his rookie year. I enjoyed that one --- particularly seeing Big E with his shirt-tail flapping and his cap on backwards. hehehe

TRLYou are up to late,There is some good dirt track on Speed Channel.

I am just up TRL.I really am Getting ready to shovel the side walk,Oh I mean cut the grass,I forgot it is August till I stuck my noggin out the back door.I will see you in the AM Thank God it is Friday Tomarrow,That is when my Employees Tell me I look like a million bucks.Only 3 more days till Monday.:p Good Night my friend.:)

MTV trivia: What was the first video they played, and who was/were the performer(s)?

Was it Josey,And The Pussycats?Or The Archies.:D I would say Mikey Jackson.

Ahhh...the good ole days, back when MTV actually played music videos! A lot of my music collection was built around MTVs early years. :)

Who is the astronaut pictured in MTV's orininal logo??

Me either Budgirl, really didn't watch it much back then either. Kind of a Country Western fan ya know.

But me and what little MTV I did watch split about the time me and Saturday Night Live did. Another show that bit the green wienie after a few years as far as I'm concerned.

btw, the logo really looked like this, I attached the real picture!:eek:

Yes indeedy Budgirl!!

The second man to walk on the moon.:)

Back
Top Bottom