No more Hooters for Bodine

P

PettyBenson

Hooter's Leaving Bodine as sponsor: Hooters Racing will end their sponsorship of the Brett Bodine Racing #11 NASCAR Winston Cup team at the end of June. After being the primary sponsor for most of the 2002 season and the first half of this season, Hooters' last event with the team will be the Sirius Satellite Radio 400 at Michigan International Speedway on June 15th. "We are clearly disappointed in the performance of the team both this season and last. We respect and like Brett and really want to see him succeed. However, it does not make business sense to continue to pour money into a marketing venture that is not getting exposure on race days. We wish the best for Brett in the future, and hope that he is able to find support from a company looking to fund a NASCAR team," said Mike McNeil, Vice President of Marketing for Hooters.(Brett Bodine Racing PR), no word on if Bodine will run anymore races in 2003.(6-11-2003)
------

Thats a shame for Brett but I do under stand Hooters point. If the team is not plannign on runnign all the races and are having trouble making the few that they are then I would split as well. I hope Brett finds someone to back the team so that he could keep racing. If not I look for Brett to sell half the team

Back
Top Bottom