No NA18D at Darlington or Nashville

I am sorry, but, I still do not know what this means, I understand 4 cylinder but what is 12 foot blade?
Low HP, high downforce package. I didn’t know they had names. I assume they’re based on the rulebook sections.

Reactions: sdj

Good call for these tracks! I’m not sure of what exactly to do for these other ones but I am absolutely a fan of lower HP.

So many race fans do not understand that HP is not everything. These cars so aerodynamically engineered that with 750 HP they’re creating much more speed which adds to air turbulence since they have splitters. It’s made for poor racing on these larger tracks which were built to maximize speed in the 80s and 90s. Ultimately 1.5+ tracks put on better shows with slower speeds in the 90s and early 2000s, so this is probably necessary. Golf is doing something similar as they consider dialing back the golf ball as distances are starting to outpace the courses considerably at the pro level.

750 HP works at places with these goofy designs & shorter lengths because the tricky nature of them lends itself to unique racing. Honestly I think lower downforce probably works everywhere, just different HP’s are ideal depending on the length of track

Good call for these tracks! I’m not sure of what exactly to do for these other ones but I am absolutely a fan of lower HP.

So many race fans do not understand that HP is not everything. These cars so aerodynamically engineered that with 750 HP they’re creating much more speed which adds to air turbulence since they have splitters. It’s made for poor racing on these larger tracks which were built to maximize speed in the 80s and 90s. Ultimately 1.5+ tracks put on better shows with slower speeds in the 90s and early 2000s, so this is probably necessary. Golf is doing something similar as they consider dialing back the golf ball as distances are starting to outpace the courses considerably at the pro level.

750 HP works at places with these goofy designs & shorter lengths because the tricky nature of them lends itself to unique racing. Honestly I think lower downforce probably works everywhere, just different HP’s are ideal depending on the length of track
Higher HP at any track came down to results driven by driver skill and error with braking zones/throttle off time into the corners and feathering the throttle in the turns for added steering and speed out of the exit. Now it comes down to which engineer can design a car to stay on throttle as long as possible. Momentum racing belongs on plastic slot tracks.

The fact that the Xfinity series has consistently put on a better show of entertainment and talent week in and week out compared to the premier series speaks volumes.

Higher HP at any track came down to results driven by driver skill and error with braking zones/throttle off time into the corners and feathering the throttle in the turns for added steering and speed out of the exit.

It comes down to 100's probably thousands of hours of car development, millions of dollars spent to do so, and the faster they go the more it is so.

The fact that the Xfinity series has consistently put on a better show of entertainment and talent week in and week out compared to the premier series speaks volumes.

That isn't a fact about the xfinity series. They have two drivers who have won the majority of races same as cup. Compared to ten different winners in the trucks who use a common motor, done with less races and the majority of the time closer finishes

Higher HP at any track came down to results driven by driver skill and error with braking zones/throttle off time into the corners and feathering the throttle in the turns for added steering and speed out of the exit. Now it comes down to which engineer can design a car to stay on throttle as long as possible. Momentum racing belongs on plastic slot tracks.

Did you not watch 2018? Seriously, it was full of winning streaks because engineers would get an advantage and find more downforce, and their guy would smoke the field for a few weeks. Don’t be clueless, you’re better than that. Idc if they’re running 250 HP inline-4s, best engineered cars are going to roll nowadays.

Xfinity series races are entertaining, because they’re shorter and the cars are not as dialed in. When NASCAR Cup did those short races on weeknights as we came out of lockdown they were unbelievable. Let’s face it, the length of race leads to guys pacing it instead of going all out for 400-500 miles/laps. It’s one of the reasons Phoenix has always been a blast

Did you not watch 2018? Seriously, it was full of winning streaks
Guess you missed 2020 where 3 teams have made up 19 wins out of 30 races.

FWIW, making the argument about win streaks is moving the goal posts. I could care less about win streaks. If teams are on win streaks because they have the best cars week in and week out, they deserve it. Now like last week we have a 13th place car taking the lead with 30 to go and never losing it because driving close to another car stalls any momentum.

You’re mistaking competitive for neutered.
more passing, closer competition on restarts and tighter finishes were sorely needed on the 1.5's. and that was the goal and it was accomplished. I understand there are some that don't think so, but in a very short period of time you and others will have to find something else to complain about. And guess who that neuters.:biggrin:

more passing, closer competition on restarts and tighter finishes were sorely needed on the 1.5's. and that was the goal and it was accomplished. I understand there are some that don't think so, but in a very short period of time you and others will have to find something else to complain about. And guess who that neuters.:biggrin:

I'm guessing Kyle Busch?
:dunce:

Back
Top Bottom