Noah Gragson: Please Explain.

virtualbalboa

driver of corey day bandwagon since 2022
The last time I did a thread like this in this subforum, the driver lost his gig. I guess we'll see if I'm just the grim reaper of NASCAR careers.

Noah Gragson won a few XFinity races; can't be mad at him for not being champion since you can win 30+ races and not be that now with this system. However, along the way, he repeatedly winds up in altercations, usually because he has wrecked a guy or half a field, depending on the day. Since moving to Cup, he's been in passable equipment the last two years, though last year was cut short due to him accidentally letting us all know he thinks police committing murder is awesome. He led as many laps this year as he wrecked cars at Road America 2 years ago. He used to have a haircut that made it look like his mom put a bowl on his head and cut around the edges. His dad is a convicted felon currently doing time for killing a mother of three after getting absolutely blasted at some charity golf event. And yet, in spite of not being a "good story" I see a lot of discussion around him being, you know, really good for some reason.

Is his popularity because he raced for Jr? Is there anything in his performances in Cup that make you think he's gonna be more than a Bobby Hamilton/Joe Nemecheck sort of competitor at best?

. He led as many laps this year as he wrecked cars at Road America 2 years ago. He used to have a haircut that made it look like his mom put a bowl on his head and cut around the edges. His dad is a convicted felon currently doing time for killing a mother of three after getting absolutely blasted at some charity golf event.
For the record, his haircut and his parent's issues are irrelevant to his racing performance.

The last time I did a thread like this in this subforum, the driver lost his gig. I guess we'll see if I'm just the grim reaper of NASCAR careers.

Noah Gragson won a few XFinity races; can't be mad at him for not being champion since you can win 30+ races and not be that now with this system. However, along the way, he repeatedly winds up in altercations, usually because he has wrecked a guy or half a field, depending on the day. Since moving to Cup, he's been in passable equipment the last two years, though last year was cut short due to him accidentally letting us all know he thinks police committing murder is awesome. He led as many laps this year as he wrecked cars at Road America 2 years ago. He used to have a haircut that made it look like his mom put a bowl on his head and cut around the edges. His dad is a convicted felon currently doing time for killing a mother of three after getting absolutely blasted at some charity golf event. And yet, in spite of not being a "good story" I see a lot of discussion around him being, you know, really good for some reason.

Is his popularity because he raced for Jr? Is there anything in his performances in Cup that make you think he's gonna be more than a Bobby Hamilton/Joe Nemecheck sort of competitor at best?
Eh, you might get a few hater posts in here, but out there he is one of the more popular drivers with the younger crowd in the series.

He can drive. And he’s entertaining in the way any good villain is. Despite NASCAR being all about racing…there is clearly an additional element of entertainment that sells tickets and pulls in viewers so I suspect it ends up being factored into some decisions.

Since I like the sport I tend to like the drivers. How they drive is first on my list and then their personality adds to my impression. I'm an older fan and I like to see new talent come into the sport so Noah Gragson has been noticed by me. He's done some questionable things but I try to be patient and see if his maturity makes him someone I can root for.

Noah Gragson is an incredibly talented driver and is liked because of his personality. The guy is very fan-friendly.

As far as his dad, this is not North Korea. We do not punish an entire bloodline for multiple generations for the sins of the father.

...As far as his dad, this is not North Korea. We do not punish an entire bloodline for multiple generations for the sins of the father.

I am am okay with Noah but I think the hair could have passed in North Korea

images.jpeg

What's the story here?........

His dad is a convicted felon currently doing time for killing a mother of three after getting absolutely blasted at some charity golf event.

As far as Noah, people like him because he pukes, I guess. I don't understand it

Since I like the sport I tend to like the drivers. How they drive is first on my list and then their personality adds to my impression. I'm an older fan and I like to see new talent come into the sport so Noah Gragson has been noticed by me. He's done some questionable things but I try to be patient and see if his maturity makes him someone I can root for.
the questionable things he has done is because the the pressure to win even if you don't have a winning car. How many kids wreck their car on restart and yet they could only advance from 40 to 39 finish? I think owners and sponsors want these kids to be the next Dale E.

Reactions: Pat
I don’t like him either but can’t deny his talent. None of those SHR cars have been worth a crap for the last couple years but he’s had some decent runs of late.

Back
Top Bottom