Noooooooooo

Bobw

Team Owner
My wife was recently hospitalized and her cholesterol is up there, she's on Lipitor now. Unfortunately my GP Doc and I have known each other for close to 30 years. My results came back from a recent visit. Mine is up there too. So I'm on a statin now too,. He tells me to knock off the BBQ this year and see what happens.
But he's going to get a smoker and wants me to show him various rubs, sauces and cooking methods. Can I say a bunch of bad words here??

My wife was recently hospitalized and her cholesterol is up there, she's on Lipitor now. Unfortunately my GP Doc and I have known each other for close to 30 years. My results came back from a recent visit. Mine is up there too. So I'm on a statin now too,. He tells me to knock off the BBQ this year and see what happens.
But he's going to get a smoker and wants me to show him various rubs, sauces and cooking methods. Can I say a bunch of bad words here??[/QUOTE]

You sure can, be my guest! :D

Eat as much greasy BBQ as you want. The oils grease things up and help the cholesterol slide out of your veins.

That is how it works, right?

But he's going to get a smoker and wants me to show him various rubs, sauces and cooking methods. Can I say a bunch of bad words here??
I finally gave in last year and started in with a the generic Lipitor -- Atorvastatin. Cholesterol dropped like a rock and has stayed there.

Light to moderate exercise goes a long way.
I eat like a maniac but I walk 7-10 miles per day. Walk the dog, go for a walk in the brisk morning...whatever you have to do. The more you move around, the better your overall health.

Light to moderate exercise goes a long way.
I eat like a maniac but I walk 7-10 miles per day. Walk the dog, go for a walk in the brisk morning...whatever you have to do. The more you move around, the better your overall health.
I hit the gym 3 days a week. Treadmill time and work the weights, too.

Wait, the doctor tells you to lay off BBQ, but then wants you to teach him BBQ stuff? That just ain't right.

I heard someone talking .... one of those old wife's tales I'm sure ... that to drop your cholesterol, basically OD on VitC. Like 10 VitC pills a day. Doesn't harm the body any, extra is just flushed away. But ... and I'm no doctor, and am only repeating what I heard .... what they claim is that high cholesterol is a mild form of scurvy. Here's the thing. VitC keeps the arteries pliable and soft (I'm told) and low VitC causes linear cracks in the arterial wall. Cholesterol is the body's repair system for the arteries .. plugging up those cracks until they heal. Low VitC (scurvy) means the body keeps the cholesterol high naturally. I repeat ... I claim no expertise in the field. But VitC is cheap.

As for the doc ... wait until the meat is almost perfect ... then urinate on it and walk away. What a total jackass.

Back
Top Bottom