North Wilkesboro Speedway, brought back to life in ‘Cars 3’

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Good article with a bit of history about N. Wilksboro. I didn't know this:
In a place that was deemed by a journalist “the Moonshine Capital of America" in the '40s and early '50s, bootlegging was prominent. The bootleggers who hauled product needed fast cars to escape cops. Egos naturally became a factor, and the bootleggers argued over who had the quickest automobiles.

Enoch Staley, whose brother Gwyn owned one of those fast cars, decided in 1946 to build a dirt track on which the bootleggers could race and settle their claims of speed.

north-wilkesboro-speedway-cars-3jpg_1ga2sgpoufdax1la9oylrps4i0.jpg

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...track-disney-pixar/17q9v7w7lwp3p1uqr53bsypnsa

I was thinking you would read this when I posted it.:) I went to fox sport website first, you wouldn't believe it, no reading, nothing but video clips. They gutted it.

Reactions: Pat
I was thinking you would read this when I posted it.:) I went to fox sport website first, you wouldn't believe it, no reading, nothing but video clips. They gutted it.
I hate when they do that. Reading is how I relax and I can go at my own pace. Guess videos are their game plan now. I won't be clicking their way any time soon.

I heard they were down 60% in website hits after they laid off around 20 writers to go video. I'll go there maybe for their leader board, Nascar's is getting better though. It's amazing they make these huge flop changes for whatever reason usually to save a buck and end up losing more that they save.

Back
Top Bottom