Not a hate crime....

It’s all good. The leader of the free world has moved on.

On to the Washington Redskins and the Cleveland Indians. Bad people. Very bad.

It’s all good. The leader of the free world has moved on.

On to the Washington Redskins and the Cleveland Indians. Bad people. Very bad.
Nope, not going there today. If I'm going to get bounced for being off topic, let it be this instead:

1594064011998.png

Bubba Wallace has never been more popular with a "general audience". His place in the Cup series is more secure now than six months ago.

I was somewhat critical of NASCAR's rushed response to the noose incident. Yet they also are on solid ground.

The person in crisis is the failed politician grasping for distractions and a culture war to save him.

Bubba Wallace has never been more popular with a "general audience". His place in the Cup series is more secure now than six months ago.

I was somewhat critical of NASCAR's rushed response to the noose incident. Yet they also are on solid ground.

The person in crisis is the failed politician grasping for distractions and a culture war to save him.

I'm not sure that his security in the sport is as strong as you would think. At this point I think there's some owners that just want a driver and not the sideshow that comes with a driver.

I’m a big Wallace fan but his security in the sport should be based on performance, not his stance on social issues, his personality or his skin color. Lately he has been performing well for his equipment. That’s the end of the story IMO.

I am still critical of NASCAR for jumping to a radical conclusion and making up a story that obviously shocked Bubba and he fell for it hook, line and sinker without looking at a shred of evidence because these are the people he trusts. They failed him. That is absolutely cruel and in no way should they have told anyone anything regarding a conclusion on the subject until the investigation was over.

Bubba went from being a national popular figure for a positive movement towards the at-track environment to a national laughing stock basically overnight due to sheer incompetence by NASCAR’s decision makers.

Better judgement is a lesson learned the hard way this instance. If this was handled in a real professional way, Bubba’s name never leaves the lips of the thinnest skinned president in history.

I’m a big Wallace fan but his security in the sport should be based on performance, not his stance on social issues, his personality or his skin color. Lately he has been performing well for his equipment. That’s the end of the story IMO.

I am still critical of NASCAR for jumping to a radical conclusion and making up a story that obviously shocked Bubba and he fell for it hook, line and sinker without looking at a shred of evidence because these are the people he trusts. They failed him. That is absolutely cruel and in no way should they have told anyone anything regarding a conclusion on the subject until the investigation was over.

Bubba went from being a national popular figure for a positive movement towards the at-track environment to a national laughing stock basically overnight due to sheer incompetence by NASCAR’s decision makers.

Better judgement is a lesson learned the hard way this instance. If this was handled in a real professional way, Bubba’s name never leaves the lips of the thinnest skinned president in history.

1. The performance ship has sailed. Lost of things go into security in the sport other than talent.
2. NASCAR didn't make up anything.
3. The only people laughing at Bubba are the ones who create the context to interpret the events in Alabama as they were.
4. Bubba's name would always leave the lips of those who hate unfortunately.....just not as publicly which is kind of like the "Podium"--only for some
to see. This can longer be underground.

1. The performance ship has sailed. Lost of things go into security in the sport other than talent.
3. The only people laughing at Bubba are the ones who create the context to interpret the events in Alabama as they were.
4. Bubba's name would always leave the lips of those who hate unfortunately.....just not as publicly which is kind of like the "Podium"--only for some
to see. This can longer be underground.
#1 is arguable. Hence why I said “should” not “is”.
#2 is completely false. NASCAR made up that someone left a noose in the #43 garage as a heinous act of racism and that said person would be terminated from the sport.
#3 People laughing at Bubba are completely misinformed. Although I do believe that he should have also not commented in regards to the conclusion before the investigation ended along with doubling down on national news networks.
#4 Public figures will always have detractors. It’s apart of being a public figure. Just how public though is up to them.

I already know what I will find there. I am 100% not interested. I am more interested in meaningful and respectful dialogue. The Podium makes that unnecessary. Unfortunate, and again, a bad look for this Forum. However, I know that your offer was authentic, and it is appreciated.

Only with some people, and sometimes you normally have to start it with a few of them. Don’t worry, come on down sometime. You can always leave if you wanna afterwards.

Sorry but yes they did and how many times does it have to be said here? Phelps even admitted it, clearly. He gave the impression that someone on that day walked into the 43 stall and left a full size functioning noose as a threat to Bubba's life, he called it a heinous act and promised to find and eliminate the person from the sport. after the investigation he said he should have used a different tone, less emotion and used the word alleged, for the President of a multi billion dollar corporation to make such a statement is as good as saying "I totally and completely screwed up on a massive scale" That being said, I'm walking back my opinions on how bad the backlash will be, yes some are laughing but I don't think it's going to be as bad as I thought.

Last edited:
so telling the facts is now diarrhea of the mouth.??
It isn't a fact that Wallace was pulling a hoax. NASCAR officials told him he was the subject of a racial attack. He didn't start the story himself.

It isn't a fact that NASCAR'S ratings are down. They're up 8%.

So assuming the President has nothing better to worry about than a two-week-old incident that NASCAR admits was an error on its part, which 'facts' in his tweet am I missing?

Last edited:

Well said, Mr. Gnome. I agree with your assessment of all three parties involved.

You are correct that racism exists. It exists in the USA and around the world and all classes of people are subjected to it, not just one or two specific classes.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the world has always and will always be like that. Racism and hate will never be totally removed from society. Some of these people might have mental disorders that cause them to feel and react the way the do.
You would be surprised how much racism, ignorance, extremism etc exist in personality disorders and psychotic disorders.

I would bet you 2 out 5 "crazy racist" you see on video has some sort of psychiatric issue.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sorry but yes they did and how many times does it have to be said here? Phelps even admitted it, clearly. He gave the impression that someone on that day walked into the 43 stall and left a full size functioning noose as a threat to Bubba's life, he called it a heinous act and promised to find and eliminate the person from the sport. after the investigation he said he should have used a different tone, less emotion and used the word alleged, for the President of a multi billion dollar corporation to make such a statement is as good as saying "I totally and completely screwed up on a massive scale" That being said, I'm walking back my opinions on how bad the backlash will be, yes some are laughing but I don't think it's going to be as bad as I thought.
Making a mistake isn't the same as making something up. NASCAR treated it as a worst case scenario and also took advantage of the opportunity. People IN the sport sent a message against racism.

The NASCAR community standing against racism is way bigger than "noose gate".

You can look at it politically or humanistically. Choose the ladder, and recognize A LOT of gold still came out of this.

so telling the facts is now diarrhea of the mouth.??
How can you take anything this man tweets seriously? Trump preys on people like you to make distractions lol

Making a mistake isn't the same as making something up. NASCAR treated it as a worst case scenario and also took advantage of the opportunity. People IN the sport sent a message against racism.

The NASCAR community standing against racism is way bigger than "noose gate".

You can look at it politically or humanistically. Choose the ladder, and recognize A LOT of gold still came out of this.

I can't stand politics and agree with you 100% that allot of good came out of this, an Apple company in NASCAR? That's awesome , but to say they didn't make something up or mislead the public and Bubba is just not true, but anyway time to move on. Onward and upward, lets hope more sponsors jump on board.

Back
Top Bottom